"Teen Titans Go!" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefoxprime

90s = Golden Years
Been hearing alot about this crossover. The first clip, felt righteous. The second clip felt like a slap to the face. Mmmm, I'm pretty much at the level of just backing away if I don't like something. So although I take the jabs from the crossover personally, that is only due to the writers taking shots at my personal opinions. Yet not invested enough to begin foaming at the mouth. Ya know?

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
The fourth wall never had a chance. I don't think anything's insulting about this, unless you really like TTG and think Aqualad's comments in clip 1 hit too close to home.

My expectation is this episode will amount to a certain Bat-mite clip from Brave and the Bold....

[video=youtube_share;ci6EzCRM0AI]http://youtu.be/ci6EzCRM0AI?t=1m3s[/video]

The "serious" transformations are amazing. They remind me of the ridiculous supposedly anime-style caricatures from that South Park episode "Good Times With Weapons". HEY HEY, LET'S GO, DCU!!!!!

ShadowStar

Aqualad saying "I am all for a good laugh" was funny.

Did anyone notice the reference to "X"? Robin said "There is good, and there is evil, and the line between them is clear".

Mostezli

Not 4 Everyone & That's OK
[video=youtube_share;ci6EzCRM0AI]http://youtu.be/ci6EzCRM0AI?t=1m3s[/video]
One of the many examples of how TTGo! could have been so much better than it currently is, but it's got a demo to pander to.

The clips were about as bad as I expected, but the crossover still has my curiosity.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I place most of the blame on the creators, they've never been good writers or creators just slackers with no real incentive. The only thing good about their writing are their very rare moments of cleverness and even then it's usually because of a reference and anyone can make a reference joke.

This episode shows, yeah we know, but we still don't care, our lazy writing is far superior.

This is turning into a long rant so I'll stop here.

Spider-Man

Those clips actually look hilarious and it's clearly all in good fun. I'm perplexed at how people can get so offended at this clip and somehow get mad at this show when it's clear that this show is not the reason why anything that came before it was cancelled. There's nothing wrong with being serious, nor is there anything wrong with being silly. To take the dialogue so personally is a bit bewildering because at the end of the day this is just one cartoon and there are many others to choose from. It's just a show and people need to get over themselves. I'm all for variety and like both the silly and the serious stuff but we all have our own preferences. I can't wait to see how this episode goes for pretty much the same reasons GWotaku above states. It should be great. Teen Titans Go! might not hit it out of the park with every episode but they've had some genuinely good episodes with great gags and there's obvious love and passion by the creative teams put into this show. That has me excited for Thursday. The serious designs are hysterical.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yes because the show that says Raven is a Pegasister, Starfire dreams of kitty cat parodies, Beast Boy has trouble counting to 5, Cyborg building burger robots, and Robin being beat up by circus animals in his past explaining his attitude clearly cares about respecting the original character's series.:D Again I'm more just wondering since we're seeing Miss Martian and Superboy are we actually going to hear them talk at all. It would be like this show to just have characters appear without speaking whatsoever. Again we've only heard the two Lauren Tom voiced members of the HIVE (Gizmo and Jinx) ever speak in this series.

Neo Ultra Mike

originally posted by Yojimbo
And the week after that, on March 12 will be "Rocks and Water" - Aqualad and Terra are dating

Woah woah woah... are Teen Titans Go actually for the first time going to bother bringing back TWO VAs in one episode? Are we actually going to hear both Will Wheaton and Ashley Johnson in the same 11 minute span? As in there are going to actually be *gasp* SEVEN voice actors for this episode? My god, can Teen Titans Go actually do such a thing without it destroying their utterly "simple" aka cheap set up?

... I'm kidding a bit but seriously it is lame how they usually can only bring in one other guest VA besides the main 5 for the most part and just honestly feels like them being cheap. Aqua Teen Hunger Force could bring in multiple other voices for just one of their episodes without issues so what is this show's excuse?

Doguineta

And the week after that, on March 12 will be "Rocks and Water" - Aqualad and Terra are dating

Nice! All I wanted for Season 2 was at least one new Terra episode and one new Jinx episode, so this news makes me really happy.

However, I do wonder how this will work with Terra being a straight up bad guy in this incarnation. Maybe Aqualad changed her?

Neo Ultra Mike

originally posted by Doguienta
However, I do wonder how this will work with Terra being a straight up bad guy in this incarnation. Maybe Aqualad changed her?

Uh didn't the last time we see Terra in "Be Mine" she was actually charmed a bit by Beast Boy's song to her and actually seemed like she was falling for him a bit. So if we're going to go off the continuity from that (which hey "Be Mine" did from "Terrarized") she shouldn't be all bad actually. Also thinking about it pretty sure they wanted to call this episode "Earth and Water" but Adventure Time already did that so they had to go with something else.

zoombie

Uh didn't the last time we see Terra in "Be Mine" she was actually charmed a bit by Beast Boy's song to her and actually seemed like she was falling for him a bit. So if we're going to go off the continuity from that (which hey "Be Mine" did from "Terrarized") she shouldn't be all bad actually. Also thinking about it pretty sure they wanted to call this episode "Earth and Water" but Adventure Time already did that so they had to go with something else.

Besides every episode is a reset, any character can act anyway, there is no consistence in this show.

Neo Ultra Mike

To zoombie: I would kind of like it though if there IS any consistency or feeling of actual progression or at the very least things not just always going back to status quo it'd be with Terra. It was nice to see them keep what happened before in "Be Mine" and be nice if they did that here. They don't have to just saying my own preference.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I wonder if people still ask the crew at cons if Slade is going to appear.

Maybe she was cool with becoming a pirate. How she got out the garbage dimension on the other hand, well it's not like they explained how Beast Boy got out. It won't be anything mind blowing, I'd bet. She got out.

Sparkster24

Well, around Boomerang's end.. they showed off a new promo for Teen Titans Go! on Cartoon Network, including some clips to upcoming episodes (even the Teen Titans & Ninja Turtles episode that was mentioned at Comic-Con). And also for the first time in quite a long while (in terms of Cartoon Network itself).. a female announcer played off the commercial for the show (though at the end, the two current hosts do speak out at the end).

But still, It's a surprising rarity in terms of CN themselves.. so it's neat to see a few times of variety for the announcers.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I just saw a promo and I think I saw Rose Wilson aka Ravager, that's pretty cool I just wish non comic her debut wasn't on a show of this quality.

Seriously I can already imagine little kids horrified after picking up her comics.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Apparently the March 19 episode is titled "Multiple Trick Pony". Must be a... Beast Boy episode about his powers?

I just saw a promo and I think I saw Rose Wilson aka Ravager, that's pretty cool I just wish non comic her debut wasn't on a show of this quality.

Seriously I can already imagine little kids horrified after picking up her comics.
Was it the promo with the Ninja Turtles in it? If yes, I totally missed her. If it is her, maybe Slade is also appearing and its some parents themed episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember when I said The Dog and Pony Show should come to Qubo? Well, it's probably not happening. Since Discovery is a co producer it will probably end up on Discovery Family and Discovery Famiila.
Did anybody notice the error just tonight on Nick? At 7:57PMish after Despicable Me 2 error?
I love the smell of rain at night and the end of Daylight Savings here.
Scott Innes apparently put up his Christmas tree....in October. It looks pretty good though.