"Teen Titans Go & DC Super Hero Girls: Mayhem in the Multiverse" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Teen Titans Go & DC Super Hero Girls: Mayhem in the Multiverse
Release dates:
May 24, 2022 (Home-Media release)
May 28, 2022 (Cartoon Network) / June 28 (HBO Max)​

A new animated movie, Teen Titans Go & DC Super Hero Girls: Mayhem in the Multiverse was announced for Spring 2022.
Preview clip.

Comments?

Stay tuned for further updates!

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Huh when i heard this announced at DC Fandome I thought "wow the TTG! Must either love the DC Super Hero Girls or someone at DC really wants Super Hero girls to be more successful so keep putting them with the Teen Titans until maybe Cartoon Network plays them more then once a week" but yeah looking at the clip from animation and lines, this is actually a DC Superhero Girls movie that's crossing over with Teen Titans Go! Thus this is more set with the DC Superhero Girls sense of humor and canon thus BB calling them "continuity snobs" for not referencing the fact they've crossed over twice already on the TTG's side of thing. Honestly I do like that idea as yeah I was wondering how come there wasn't a tween titans reference in the previous crossovers but this is the one the Superhero Girls are actually in canon for which... yeah pretty clear the TTG! were not writing them in canon in their crossovers before. I do wonder though if it will go beyond these two teams and what other series will be referenced here.

Eldorado

Huh when i heard this announced at DC Fandome I thought "wow the TTG! Must either love the DC Super Hero Girls or someone at DC really wants Super Hero girls to be more successful so keep putting them with the Teen Titans until maybe Cartoon Network plays them more then once a week" but yeah looking at the clip from animation and lines, this is actually a DC Superhero Girls movie that's crossing over with Teen Titans Go! Thus this is more set with the DC Superhero Girls sense of humor and canon thus BB calling them "continuity snobs" for not referencing the fact they've crossed over twice already on the TTG's side of thing. Honestly I do like that idea as yeah I was wondering how come there wasn't a tween titans reference in the previous crossovers but this is the one the Superhero Girls are actually in canon for which... yeah pretty clear the TTG! were not writing them in canon in their crossovers before. I do wonder though if it will go beyond these two teams and what other series will be referenced here.
Yeah, but the Titans actually REMEMBER their past team-ups. Maybe it’ll be explained in the movie. My guess, they got their memories erased with some retcon device or something before seeing the Titans knowing that they worked together so well before meeting them for the first time will cause conflict before they can stop the villain.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The continuity thing was confusing. At first I thought this takes place before their first crossover but then the Teen Titans remembered them. And also confused why the TTG season 1 character models are being used. They look so ragged compared to the current season, lol.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Maybe there's a different team working on this, similar to Teen Titans Go Vs Teen Titans not having anyone from either series involved, at least in a major capacity.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Since the title confirms a multiverse exists, I wonder if the 2015 versions of DCSHG might show up similar to the multitude of Titans we saw in TTG vs TT. Also with the title being pretty much a spoof of the upcoming Doctor Strange sequel, they should include Doctor Fate somewhere in all of this. :p

Frontier

Staff member
Since the title confirms a multiverse exists, I wonder if the 2015 versions of DCSHG might show up similar to the multitude of Titans we saw in TTG vs TT. Also with the title being pretty much a spoof of the upcoming Doctor Strange sequel, they should include Doctor Fate somewhere in all of this. :p
Reminds me of that comic where the 2015 DCSHG meet the modern versions through Zatanna :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reminds me of that comic where the 2015 DCSHG meet the modern versions through Zatanna :p.
There's also a graphic novel coming out this December with the Teen Titans visiting the DC Super Hero Girls' universe. So yes, they really are pushing crossovers between these teams on several mediums.

Frontier

Staff member
There's also a graphic novel coming out this December with the Teen Titans visiting the DC Super Hero Girls' universe. So yes, they really are pushing crossovers between these teams on several mediums.
I guess they are the main two DC kids cartoons at the moment...

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
It's funny how the Titans are still listed first in the title if this is more of a DCSHG production.

Yeah DC Marketing knows the TTG is a much bigger more successful brand so of course they're going to go first.

I did say that this did feel much more DC Super hero Girls and felt like it was done by their team so glad to see I was right. Though I will say seems like the DC Super Hero Girls team care more about keeping the TTG in character then the people did about the original Teen Titans team in the TTG vs TT movie (which yeah they claim was done by someone who doesn't work on TTG but it was done by someone who use to and is obviously based more on that show then on the original TT) and I hope the DC Super Hero Girls team uses this as a chance to knock the Titans some then just the Tween Titans joke. Or at the very least the TTG meet the Tween Titans and see how other series treat them as obnoxious jokes.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

idea for a toonami april fools/daylight savings thing- air the Fleischer Superman cartoons again. There’s nothing stopping them, they’re public domain
How would you guys launch a kids tv channel in 2024?
I returned to Youtube for community posting purposes only.
I can't wait for the dubbed Bocchi the Rock!
Question: What is it about animation that always keeps you coming back for more even sometimes bad movies/shows?

Featured Posts