Talkback: Transformers Cybertron "Race" Talkback (Spoilers)

How many cyber keys do you give this episode?

• 5 cyber keys- This race was faster than Hot Wheels could ever dream.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 4 1/2 cyber keys- It reminded me of an accelecharger theme.

• 4 cyber keys- Hot Shot shows he's always ready to save the day.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 3 1/2 cyber keys- Optimus proves that cheaters will always pay.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 1/2 cyber keys- Landmine in a race is bound to rock.

• 3 cyber keys- I'll take Ransack and wager a sock.

• 2 1/2 cyber keys- I expected Crumplezone to prove he was the best.

• 2 cyber keys- Vector Prime should have put those Decepticons to the test.

• 1 1/2 cyber keys- Jetfire and the kids at least provided a laugh.

• 1 cyber key- Starscream's trickery should be put to rest.

• 1/2 cyber key- Gonzo should pay for what he's done.

• 0 cyber keys- Kids WB! can have this crazy fun.

• Total voters

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Transformers Cybertron "Race" Talkback (Spoilers)

toonami_red.jpg
cybertronimage.jpg

The semi-season finale has arrived on CN, and you can bet that the Transformers are ready tp speed into action. Can Hot Shot prove he's the fastest thing on wheels with optimus, Red Alert, and Vector Prime at his side or will Ransack and Crumplezone steal the scene, the planet cup, and destroy Override in the process? The race is about to begin, so start your engines with Cybertron on CN.​

Last time: Optimus, Vector Prime, and Landmine arrived on Speed Planet only to discover that Hot Shot had disobeyed orders. Optimus wasn't to pleased, but with a little assistance from Landmine they were able to get Hot Shot the confidence he needed to race off in the Speed Planet races.​

This time: The first round offically begins as the Autobots race against Ransack and Crumplezone. Meanwhile Starscream begins his scheme to overthrow Megatron once more, and the kids discover history abuot the ancient Cybertronians visit to Earth.​

Please do not spoil this series. I know some of you have watched Galaxy Force, and you can give us that insite through the appropraite
tag, or else you can share that info after the episode has aired.
Also remember that Transformers Cybertron joins the Kids WB! AfterToons show this next Monday at 4:30 PM Eastern time with the premeire of episode 1 of Cybertron. Catch the talkback for Fallen and Haven in the Anime forum.​

Before we go on, I'd like to apologize for the 2 3 1/2 ratings on the poll. I goofed when I was typing it up, so treat the second as 3 1/4 woes. Now, onto the talkback.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Alright, so this is the last episode on Toonami before it switches over to KidsWB. I hope they start with episode 1...

-The actual racing shots in this show are so awesome. They really show off the speed these guys are going at.

-Requisite pointless kid scene...

-Hot Shot and Override's trash talking = love.

-Lori is such a city girl. :p

-I never even thought of Red Alert giving speeding tickets. XD

-Is Scott McNeil the announcer?

-Bud's voice seems different. Is Lori's VA doing his voice?

-Double-Oh Negative. =P

-"My theory is that the item is in a room!"

-"The annoying little one is using the big dumb one as a surf board!"

-I love Starscream.

-Crumplezone riding on Ransack. XD

-Mudflap! He's got an...uh...interesting voice.

-"This guy's about as neighborly as a hungry Tigatron!" <3 <3 <3 <3

-"You ain't got the pistons for that, boy!"
"Aaahahahaha, pistons!"
"....I don't get the joke."

-Return of the X-Files music.

-Did I mention that I love Starscream?

-I love Starscream!

-I also love Thundercracker.

-"You ain't no light fella! You can lose weight by switching to unleaded..."

-Starscream's maniacal laughing = I STILL LOVE STARSCREAM.

-"I wonder what kind of person works here?"
"I'd say a 50-year-old man with a rebellious streak in him!"
"...you're both a spy AND a profiler?"
"I've learned from the best policemen on tv!"

-Dr. Suzuki!!! She's like an adult Misha, with...braids...and....a semi-Alexis voice?

-Colonel Franklin rocks.

-

Last edited by a moderator:

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Obi said:
Alright, so this is the last episode on Toonami before it switches over to KidsWB. I hope they start with episode 1...
According to the schedule posted here at Toon Zone, they will start with episode 1 on Monday and episode 2 on Tuesday.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
I love the DM-like lines the dub's putting in. "All these hallways look alike!" :p

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
bigddan11 said:
According to the schedule posted here at Toon Zone, they will start with episode 1 on Monday and episode 2 on Tuesday.
Awesome. I guess we'll get to see how merging the first two episodes into one turned out...

Anyway, back to the show:

-"You're next mission is to find the clay doll of a dinosaur."
"IT'S IN SOUTH AMERICA, RIGHT?! Get moving Lori!"

-If Ransack's gun is powerful enough to cleanly slice through the bridge, why doesn't he just do that to the Autobots during battle?

-Did Optimus just pass by Hot Shot three times?

-"I think I need me an oil change..."

-Japanese Accel Wing still cooler than American Accel Wing.

-It sucks that this is the last episode on Toonami, because the really good Jungle Planet stuff is about to start. :(

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
that was only a qualifying race?? :( Ransack & Crumplezone getting flattened was way funny! Starscreams plotting and recruiting is good as always but why must it end on a cliffhanger? :(

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Rabi~en~Rose said:
that was only a qualifying race?? :(
Yep. There's three rounds. However, they're not all just flat out racing. There's obstacles later on, for example.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Obi said:
Awesome. I guess we'll get to see how merging the first two episodes into one turned out...

Anyway, back to the show:

-"You're next mission is to find the clay doll of a dinosaur."
"IT'S IN SOUTH AMERICA, RIGHT?! Get moving Lori!"

-If Ransack's gun is powerful enough to cleanly slice through the bridge, why doesn't he just do that to the Autobots during battle?

-Did Optimus just pass by Hot Shot three times?

-"I think I need me an oil change..."

-Japanese Accel Wing still cooler than American Accel Wing.

-It sucks that this is the last episode on Toonami, because the really good Jungle Planet stuff is about to start. :(
Keep in mind though that the episodes will go much faster on Kids WB! They'll be showing it 5 days a week, so they'll get to this episode the first week of October.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Well, if they wantde to go out with a bang on Toonami, then they defintley did a great thing here. First they had Ransack and Crumplezone get run over by everyone but Override which caused me to laugh my head off. Then they ended the episode with some great tension between Snarl and Overhaul. I thought that Overhaul's direct approach would eventually get him into trouble, and it looks like that trouble may occur sooner than I thought. I can't wait to see what happens in 3 weeks when episode 15 premeires on Kids WB! (it should premeire October 7th), and from that time on we can have some great action occuring on three planets, not to mention more of Starscream's deciet in the plannings.

By the way, Duke sent me some great pictures to use for the Kids WB! Talkbacks, and I'll be posting them on Monday morning to get everyone ready for the world premeire of Cybertron episode 1- Fallen as well as the US premeire of episode 2- Haven on Tuesday.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts