TALKBACK - The Amazing World of Gumball - Episodes 236-240 [5/31 (Online) 6/3-6/24 (TV)] *SERIES FINALE*

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com

Episodes 236-240

Online May 31!

The Web
Premieres
FRIDAY 5/31 (Online)
MONDAY 6/3 at 7:00 PM (TV)

This week...
Gumball and Darwin realize that the adult residents of Elmore are dangerously naive when it comes to being safe online. In fact they are in serious need of the boys help with even the simplest of tasks. And no more so than their mom, Nicole.
----

The Revolt
Premieres
FRIDAY 5/31 (Online)
MONDAY 6/17 at 7:00 PM (TV)

This week...
Darwin tries to highlight the plight of all the household objects he feels are being oppressed and maltreated by the uncaring residents of Elmore. He then decides to lead those objects in a revolt against the townspeople.
----

The Decisions
Premieres
FRIDAY 5/31 (Online)
MONDAY 6/17 at 7:45 PM (TV)

This week...
When everything goes wrong in Darwin's life, he begins to suspect that Gumball's bad influence might be to blame. Darwin decides to go elsewhere for guidance and finds a new mentor in Alan. But maybe it's time Darwin started making his own decisions.
----

The BFFs
Premieres
FRIDAY 5/31 (Online)
MONDAY 6/24 at 7:00 PM (TV)

This week...
Gumball's old BFF Fuzzy, turns up on his doorstep. Darwin struggles to accept that there was someone before him and fails to contain his jealousy. But is Darwin right to mistrust Fuzzy? Does Fuzzy actually have sinister motives for reconnecting with his old BFF?
----

The Inquisition
Premieres
FRIDAY 5/31 (Online)

This week...
The students of Elmore Junior High find their world turned upside down when the mysterious school superintendent comes to stamp out their cartoonish ways. But who wants to be normal? Certainly not Gumball and Darwin.​

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
I watched "The Inquisition" on the CN App, and oh boy.
The episode's ending looked like that it WASN'T the show's last episode. Gumball wouldn't end with just Rob falling back into the void, It would take more than that to finally end the series! I'm guessing that the show will actually end with either the movie Ben Bocquelet mentioned or a Labor Day special. Besides, in a proper finale, EVERY character from the show would appear, not just the students and faculty of Elmore Junior High! Also, the painting with the Wattersons in the void, made by Banana Barbara at the end of "The Oracle", wouldn't come true!

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
I watched "The Inquisition" on the CN App, and oh boy.
The episode's ending looked like that it WASN'T the show's last episode. Gumball wouldn't end with just Rob falling back into the void, It would take more than that to finally end the series! I'm guessing that the show will actually end with either the movie Ben Bocquelet mentioned or a Labor Day special. Besides, in a proper finale, EVERY character from the show would appear, not just the students and faculty of Elmore Junior High! Also, the painting with the Wattersons in the void, made by Banana Barbara at the end of "The Oracle", wouldn't come true!
View attachment 239631
I’m pretty sure the way the episode ended was a reference to the show ending, so unless they do make that movie, I’m pretty sure it is the finale.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Apr 12, 2016

Episodes 236-240

Online May 31!

The Revolt
Premieres
FRIDAY 5/31 (Online)
MONDAY 6/17 at 7:00 PM (TV)

This week...
Darwin tries to highlight the plight of all the household objects he feels are being oppressed and maltreated by the uncaring residents of Elmore. He then decides to lead those objects in a revolt against the townspeople.
----

The Decisions
Premieres
FRIDAY 5/31 (Online)
MONDAY 6/17 at 7:45 PM (TV)

This week...
When everything goes wrong in Darwin's life, he begins to suspect that Gumball's bad influence might be to blame. Darwin decides to go elsewhere for guidance and finds a new mentor in Alan. But maybe it's time Darwin started making his own decisions.
----

The BFFs
Premieres
FRIDAY 5/31 (Online)

This week...
Gumball's old BFF Fuzzy, turns up on his doorstep. Darwin struggles to accept that there was someone before him and fails to contain his jealousy. But is Darwin right to mistrust Fuzzy? Does Fuzzy actually have sinister motives for reconnecting with his old BFF?
----

The Inquisition
Premieres
FRIDAY 5/31 (Online)

This week...
The students of Elmore Junior High find their world turned upside down when the mysterious school superintendent comes to stamp out their cartoonish ways. But who wants to be normal? Certainly not Gumball and Darwin.​
You forgot one episode. The Web here's the episode link and it airs this monday at 7:00 PM and the synopsis: Gumball and Darwin realize that the adult residents of Elmore are dangerously naive when it comes to being safe online. In fact they are in serious need of the boys help with even the simplest of tasks. And no more so than their mom, Nicole. And you forgot to change the title of the thread.

Last edited:

RainbowCupcake

The (Not So) Bad Guy
Dec 3, 2017
United States
Well, considering I love TAWOG, I absolutely had to watch the series finale today. And I have to say...
...I liked it, but I also thought they could have done more with it. Seeing everyone's human counterparts was pretty cool. I know we saw the Wattersons' human versions in another episode (can't remember the name), so seeing all the students and teachers get the human treatment was neat (although did we ever see Miss Simion as a human?) I also liked how the characters were supposed to become live-action humans instead of just realistically drawn ones; sad to see it never happen. I also liked Superintendent Evil. It was cool seeing a live-action human walk around the animated school (I'm sure that took a lot of green screen effects) and I thought the way the actor interacted with the cartoon characters looked natural. I kind of saw Rob being the Superintendent coming because of "The Future," but it was still a nice surprise. Although this episode has a lot of positives to it, it also felt lacking in some ways. Firstly, I was disappointed we didn't get to see the other Wattersons and some different background characters. While I love the school inhabitants, I've enjoyed other characters in the series like Larry that I thought could have made some sort of appearance in the very last episode. I expected something like, "Weird Like You and Me" where everyone would appear and sing some sappy song at the end of the episode. But at the end, we get a freeze frame of Rob falling through The Void and...well, that's it. That's where the series ends. I know that Gumball can get very meta at points but this ending felt almost too dark. I also thought it was kind of lame that Rob was the very last character we'll ever see. Yes, he's the "main villain" of the series, but still. I also thought the "cartoony" chase scene with Gumball and Darwin wasn't NEARLY overexaggerated enough. There were a few good gags, but not much else. I expected something Tom and Jerry or Looney Tunes-esque, and I think the writers were trying to go for that but didn't allow the scene to bloom into something really spectacular.

Overall, it was a solid series finale, but for a show that has gone on for eight years, I do think it could have been grander and less depressing. Like @Elijah Abrams said, it really doesn't feel like the series finale with that ending. The first thing I thought was, "Well, now I want a continuation," which surprises me because the show has had over 200 episodes! I shouldn't need a continuation!

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for a great eight years, Gumball! I'll miss your sarcasm, spunk and meta-humor. At least there'll be plenty of reruns for me to watch.

Last edited:

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
WHAT THE WHAT??

No way is Gumball about to end -- one, we would have heard about it months ago. All we've heard is that the creator was leaving the series, not that the series itself was ending. Two, it's still one of CN's most popular shows. You can tell when a CN Original isn't doing very well because the network tends to....sweep premieres under the rug, as they've been doing with OK KO and WBB lately (to my annoyance). Gumball's premieres still get the primo spot next to TTG.

What I'm saying is, where is your proof, beyond the ending of one episode?

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
WHAT THE WHAT??

No way is Gumball about to end -- one, we would have heard about it months ago. All we've heard is that the creator was leaving the series, not that the series itself was ending. Two, it's still one of CN's most popular shows. You can tell when a CN Original isn't doing very well because the network tends to....sweep premieres under the rug, as they've been doing with OK KO and WBB lately (to my annoyance). Gumball's premieres still get the primo spot next to TTG.

What I'm saying is, where is your proof, beyond the ending of one episode?
I posted about this in the general Gumball thread back in October.

Ben also retweeted this:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
I'm probably dating myself here, but when I was a kid, cartoons never actually HAD series finales. They just stopped making episodes. A last episode of a kids cartoon when I was young was no different than any of the other episodes. I find cartoons nowadays having actual series finales a welcome development, but I also don't exactly expect them, or think them necessary to enjoy a good cartoon.

Reactions: I.R. Shokew

Cartoonfan13

Sep 12, 2017
I'm probably dating myself here, but when I was a kid, cartoons never actually HAD series finales. They just stopped making episodes. A last episode of a kids cartoon when I was young was no different than any of the other episodes. I find cartoons nowadays having actual series finales a welcome development, but I also don't exactly expect them, or think them necessary to enjoy a good cartoon.
If you're talking about comedy series then I agree I agree. If it's a Action, Mystery or Drama show, I disagree.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
If you're talking about comedy series then I agree I agree. If it's a Action, Mystery or Drama show, I disagree.
Back in the day, drama cartoons nearly always went unfinished, even if they had a premise that NEEDED to be solved like The Pirate Of Dark Water. Series finales in kids toons, even action ones, are a relatively new idea.

JTOONSAnimation

Jul 24, 2016
I think the finale was intentional to be the way it was, end it on a low note, with the possibility of a movie, or just end it and have it go in a loop.

Looking ahead, it seems like Gumball will be rerunning on Cartoon Network for a while (probably to the extent of Disney Channel's Jessie), so maybe this finale was meant to have no actual ending and just be a regular episode so CN can rerun the show without having to acknowledge the show's end, and just act like it's continuing (same circumstance with a lot of old shows). Just my thought, my other thought is still that it was set up to lead in to a possible movie.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
The Inquisition:
This was a bit of a disappointment of a series finale as it feels more like an episode before the finale. I guess they were hoping to get a movie to end the series with. Rob really is more of a good guy since despite his antagonistic approach, he ends up only doing what he does for the greater good. He should've just left the show by himself instead of trying to save a bunch of ingrates who won't even let him explain himself.
All in all, this was a pretty weak finale, but still a lot better than Disney's Future Worm.

Reactions: RainbowCupcake

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Back in the day, drama cartoons nearly always went unfinished, even if they had a premise that NEEDED to be solved like The Pirate Of Dark Water. Series finales in kids toons, even action ones, are a relatively new idea.
Yeah, back then, any episode could be “the last one”.
But this ends on a cliffhanger tied to something they’ve been building for a few seasons now, and to end it here....we’ll, tbh, I’m disappointed.
A lot of popular cartoons over the past decade came out had some form of a finale. “The Amazing World of Gumball” sadly didn’t get a good one.
Heck, I would’ve even preferred if their world ended and everyone fell into the void, not just Rob’s fate teasing their world’s doom.
A “bad end” is better than a cliffhanger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Nov 1, 2013
Thought the finale was okay(hell of a lot better than Stars finale) if this was the truely final episode then I would be fine with it, also Im a sucker for humanizations of characters(who else thought Tobias be black)

Also not going to lie I would watch a series with the human character designs

I just realized that Ocho reminds me of Peco from Ping Pong the Animation

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mqg96

Nov 26, 2014
I may have brought this up already, but after Gumball ends, Steven Universe will be the only remaining Renaissance era show to me. Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Clarence are already over.

HomsarHomsar

Jan 13, 2017
Yeah, back then, any episode could be “the last one”.
But this ends on a cliffhanger tied to something they’ve been building for a few seasons now, and to end it here....we’ll, tbh, I’m disappointed.
A lot of popular cartoons over the past decade came out had some form of a finale. “The Amazing World of Gumball” sadly didn’t get a good one.
Heck, I would’ve even preferred if their world ended and everyone fell into the void, not just Rob’s fate teasing their world’s doom.
A “bad end” is better than a cliffhanger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they're obviously trying to get the network to greenlight some form of TV movie that Ben has shown interest in for the past few years.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Carlos Gutierrez wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
I really do need to see Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, Hawkodile, and Richard come back for more new adventures this summer!
Happy Father's Day to all dads out there (including my own)!
Homestar Runner was trending yesterday and I didn't notice. Is the series all up ons again?
Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.