Talkback: "Team Galaxy"- Month of September (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Nov 11, 2003
Ratings
Odessa, TX
Visit site

Premieres Saturdays at 10:30 AM

The young cadets of Team Galaxy have arrived on the scene, and they're in training at the prestegious Galaxy High as Cadets working to keep the world safe from any dangerous forces that may be lurking in the background. The story focuses on 3 young cadets: Josh, Yoko, and Brett along with their cyber pet Fluffy, but with dangerous aliens wanting to infiltirate the academy at every turn, and with teachers that would like to see them fail, Team Galaxy is sure to impress us all. Here's this months line-up:

Saturday, September 9- Episode 2- The New Recruit
Saturday, September 16- Episode 3- Intergalactic Road Trip
Saturday, September 23- Episode 4- Brett's Brain
Saturday, September 30- Episode 9- Psycho-Cycle
Episode 1- Emperor Brett- available for viewing online at http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/app/index.html?applicationType=browser

Last edited by a moderator:
May 9, 2004
Ausländer
That schedule is going to be hard to follow :sweat: What's the Wednesday for?

I've seen the show Saturday,,, and it was as expected.

I love the girls squeeky voice (is that a theme with Marathon?) and the other characters aren't annoying, so I could get used to them.

The really lame villians are going to be a problem with me,,, and the story itself seemed a little trite. Ok,,, very trite. :sweat:

I don't think it will hold my interest,,, but I didn't hate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Nov 11, 2003
Ratings
Odessa, TX
Visit site
When I watched episode 1, I really didn't think it was cliched at all, except tfor the snotty type female character. A group of cadets being trained to protect the universe at a top academy isn't all that cliched, and while the frezze a person plot has been done before, the security shield idea was a little new. I felt it was much better done than the Spaceballs shield anyway, and I thought the ice asteroid was a decent way to advance the plot. I thought this was the second best show on Saturday AM, next to Dragon Hunters, though I will admit I was surprised when I saw Jetix in the credits.

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
Feb 27, 2006
Ratings
Quebec, Canada
I already saw two episodes of it and I think that out of all of the 'Marathon-verse' show (TTS, MM and this) this one could have REALLY used an actual ORIGIN episode!

(Note: if 'Emperor Bret' billed as episode '1' is indeed an origin episode then disregard the next paragraph :p

Seriously what'S the deal with no origin episode? It was okay for Totally Spies and Martin Mystery but I'd like to get a little context out of these guys. Especially since this is a totally original world. I feel like some background info and geo-political info would really help understand why Galaxy is the only defense the Earth has from alien and why alien attend it... and what's with that Dark Force thingimajig eye? It's confusing.

Anyway...

The characters are indeed likeable and I think Fluffy is awesome XD. For a mascot character it's really neat-o. Yoko is my favorite Marathon female character now in term of visual design (altough she's the weakest of the trio character wise if you ask me). I don't know why but there's something about her space suit thatm ake her look more sexy than the sleaker Spy suit from TTS :p

The problem is that there is no secondary cast, and usually those make or break a sci-fi serie. We got Josh's father and three teachers but none of the other students interact with the trio and I think it's a missed opportunity.

The spaceship are really neat... I like the Hornet's design and I'm eager to see their individual ships in battle!

The problem is that a lot of the alien feel rather...cheap... not serious enough :/ I'd expect more from French creators. Go check out 'Valerian and Lorelei' for what French creators can come up with.

The theme song is FLIPPIN AWESOME! In both English and French (I prefer the french one though). I don't know if it's the same in English but the French version is sung by Yoko's voice actress, which is ironic considering Yoko is a bad singer :p.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Nov 11, 2003
Ratings
Odessa, TX
Visit site
I was glad to see more focus on our main trio this week. Yoko sounded like a much worse singer this week. No wonder everyone cringes when she decides to try and sing. Josh showed he had some brains, though it was Brett who figured out how to capture the colony leader, but this episode shined due to Fluffy getting a lot of screen time. Not only is Fluffy revealed to be a rebellious cyber pet, but he's also revealed to be the second set of brains of the bunch. Onto the Wednesday premiere episode, but Team Galaxy will defintley keep me watching every week. I wonder why Jetix didn't grab it though, since it was made for Jetix UK in the first place.

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
Feb 27, 2006
Ratings
Quebec, Canada
bigddan11 said:
I was glad to see more focus on our main trio this week. Yoko sounded like a much worse singer this week. No wonder everyone cringes when she decides to try and sing. Josh showed he had some brains, though it was Brett who figured out how to capture the colony leader, but this episode shined due to Fluffy getting a lot of screen time. Not only is Fluffy revealed to be a rebellious cyber pet, but he's also revealed to be the second set of brains of the bunch. Onto the Wednesday premiere episode, but Team Galaxy will defintley keep me watching every week. I wonder why Jetix didn't grab it though, since it was made for Jetix UK in the first place.
Yeah Fluffy rules ^^ he follows the footsteps of many European comic book pets by being smart and not useless.

We have yet to see the full extent of his ability in 'battle mode' though... I need a Fluffy avatar :p

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
bigddan11 said:
When I watched episode 1, I really didn't think it was cliched at all, except tfor the snotty type female character. A group of cadets being trained to protect the universe at a top academy isn't all that cliched, and while the frezze a person plot has been done before, the security shield idea was a little new. I felt it was much better done than the Spaceballs shield anyway, and I thought the ice asteroid was a decent way to advance the plot. I thought this was the second best show on Saturday AM, next to Dragon Hunters, though I will admit I was surprised when I saw Jetix in the credits.
Isn't this the third off-network Jetix show? The three of course being:
Battle B-Daman (Cartoon Network)
Shuriken School (Nickelodeon)
Team Galaxy (Cartoon Network)

Of course there was also W.I.T.C.H. on Disney Channel, and Power Rangers on ABC Kids, but do these shows even mention Jetix in their credits?

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Nov 11, 2003
Ratings
Odessa, TX
Visit site
li_mangaman said:
Isn't this the third off-network Jetix show? The three of course being:
Battle B-Daman (Cartoon Network)
Shuriken School (Nickelodeon)
Team Galaxy (Cartoon Network)

Of course there was also W.I.T.C.H. on Disney Channel, and Power Rangers on ABC Kids, but do these shows even mention Jetix in their credits?
Yes, they both have Jetix in their closing credits. It seems ironic though that Disney said they'd be creating new programming for their block, but now all that new programming seems to be going to other networks.

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
bigddan11 said:
Yes, they both have Jetix in their closing credits. It seems ironic though that Disney said they'd be creating new programming for their block, but now all that new programming seems to be going to other networks.
Well they did get a whole lot of other shows afterall, and it's not like our Jetix even has Totally Spies, so it's not like Jetix is the prime channel for Marathon internationally.

Anyway are all of the Saturday Morning Team Galaxy premieres going to be reran at 11:30AM on Sunday Mornings now?

Wanted

Toonmaster
May 25, 2003
New Jersey
li_mangaman said:
W.I.T.C.H. does (at least twice, textually and graphically), but I have no clue about Power Rangers.

bigddan11 said:
Disney had no hand in creating any of the shows previously metioned by li_mangaman, and obviously had no interest in conveying them to United States audiences.

I wonder why.

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
Feb 27, 2006
Ratings
Quebec, Canada
I just saw 'Brett's Brain' yesterday ^_^ it was pretty good.

We got to see the individual ships used by the trio and they are called 'Defenders', we also got a better look at Fluffy's Attack Mode, two other Cyber Pet on other teams (a blue ant-eater -like one and a green monkey/armadillo looking one) and the school nurse is kinda cute... for an alien with a pink bulbous head XD her big round green eyes are cute hehehe.

Spotlight

Latest profile posts

I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...