TALKBACK - Summer Camp Island - Episodes 61-64 [12/10 (HBO Max)] *SEASON PREMIERE*

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
s1VxC3w.png

Episodes 61-64
ipleWKs.png

Premieres
THURSDAY 12/10

Susie and Ramona Chapter 1: Susie’s Ark
Premieres
THURSDAY 12/10 (Online)

This week...
When Susie learns magic is beginning to disappear from New York, she tries to lead all the magical creatures to safety.
----

Susie and Ramona Chapter 2: Ghost Baby Jabberwock
Premieres
THURSDAY 12/10 (Online)

This week...
Susie, Ramona, and Barb team up in frozen time to see what’s threatening magic.
----

Susie and Ramona Chapter 3: Meet Me in Massachusetts
Premieres
THURSDAY 12/10 (Online)

This week...
Susie and Ramona train a gaggle of witches until they have a full coven.
----

Susie and Ramona Chapter 4: Witches in the City
Premieres
THURSDAY 12/10 (Online)

This week...
Ramona sends Susie back to New York in search of new magical creatures.

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I know I don't talk much about this show; like Craig of the Creek - I just watch and enjoy what I can get out of it most of the time. Despite that crappy pilot, SCI is a reasonably respectable Mid High Tier show whose real crime is looking too cutesy for its own good (like something that belongs on Nick Jr / PBS Kids, which this show is far more mature and layered than anything on those channels, BTW.), IMHO - Craig of the Creek is consistently better, hence my overall High Tier ranking for that, however.

Keeping up with this series and watching these latest 4 episodes that open up S3 in a High Tier fashion like I was looking for, however? Well, I can proudly say this much: If anyone needed an idea about why Susie comes off like a bully antagonistic incarnate, these 4 episodes should axtually successfully clear things up for anyone who willingly cares about / actually likes and willingly follows this show to begin with.

Now, being serious here, it definitely doesn't begin to ever excuse Susie's antagonistic bullying behavior towards Oscar, Hedgehog, her friends that aren't formerly Ramona (Alice & Betsy) all that much (if ever!), but at least some stuff about magic users and otherworldly beings existing in this setting almost makes sense, now, so that's something.

Again, that's almost, IMHO - whatever the case, what I ultimately & honestly hope for by the end of this series is for magic and technology/science to co-exist together in a natural & believable way in this setting. That's sounds like the best outcome TO hope for out of all this, actually (again, IMHO.).

Whatever else, Susie herself still needs a serious attitude adjustment and a reality check about her crappy behavior for things to truly get better without Ramona around ATM, regardless! Susie may have done nothing wrong in the beginning, but in the present - SHE IS ALL OUT WRONG.

Her and Ramona being apart like this and her inability to rely on others for this task of bringing magic back to their world and hopefully, doing what I'm suggesting, which is to work to have magic and science / technology coexist together? Yeah - definitely NOT gonna happen under Susie, unless Susie changes everything about herself for the better, especially if she's gonna be leading the way on any of this like I would prefer Oscar and Hedgehog and their lot to over her, instead. Or maybe Alice and Betsy if they ain't too far gone from being influenced to negatively by Susie, that is.

It's a shame I feel this way to begin with about all this, otherwise. Once again, these 4 episodes aloje were some High Tier quality stuff that actually got me invested in seeing this through to its eventual and inevitable conclusion, which I can only hope is a good one (magic, science, technology - all coexisting together sounds like a new and better world, already..... Only if the right people lead the way, of course. Orherwise, it's Harry Potter (at best, IMHO) / Star Vs. Her Own Obnoxiousness (at worst, again - IMHO.) all over again - we need something different from that and to avoid that worst case scenario, thank you very much.

I don't think anything after these 4 is gonna top this serious enough plot revelation, which really sucks for this show, because what could be a High Tier show, instead of Mid High Tier like I feel it is now, risks becoming middling (Mid Tier or worse). This'll be clear to me if (hopefully not when, if and only if) it wastes too much time trying to be funny and not succeeding at that, instead of building on this serious enough plot revelation like it really and badly needs to, now that they've had the cahones to bring it up all of a sudden, now.

Summer Camp Island has its work cut out for it, now - be better than it started out (especially that crappy pilot), and continue to be better than what Seasons 1 and 2 set up for us, up to this point.

This is Because I'm going into this with both eyes open and what they have down the line in later episodes this season doesn't nearly sound or come off like anything as good as these first 4 episodes were for me, honestly - unless they're tied to fleshing things out further, which of course they hopefully are.....
Don't let me down, SCI. Please and thank you.

GAME OVER

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts