Episodes 141-144
VhDU1KS.png

Online March 26!

Your Mother and Mine
Premieres
(Online) MONDAY 3/26
(TV) MONDAY 4/9 at 7:30 P.M.

This week...
Steven takes Garnet to meet some of his new friends.
----

The Big Show
Premieres
(Online) MONDAY 3/26
(TV) MONDAY 4/16 at 7:30 P.M.

This week...
Steven shoots a documentary that follows a local band as they get their first big break.

----
Pool Hopping
Premieres
(Online) MONDAY 3/26
(TV) MONDAY 4/23 at 7:30 P.M.

This week...
Garnet and Steven explore the most unlikely timelines in Beach City.
----

Letters to Lars
Premieres
(Online) MONDAY 3/26
(TV) MONDAY 4/30 at 7:30 P.M.

This week...
Steven writes about the latest news of Beach City.​

Last edited:

Dudley

Staff member
That was....nice.
As typical of filler, we got plenty of character development. Garnet accepts Steven’s maturity, Mayor Dewey got a job at the Big Donut, Sadie grew to appreciate her mom, and Peridot’s now mingling with humans more.
But the real treat was the first episode, Your Mother and Mine, where we finally see Rose Quartz’s origins, like how she fell in love with the Earth.
Would’ve been great if Steven told Garnet about what he learned at the trial, but we gotta stretch out the mystery somehow!

All in all, I’m a bit underwhelm, but there is that 30 minute special to look forward to in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhaynebow

If the last bomb was themed around Steven and Connie’s little fiasco, THIS one’s theme was probably about time and how it affects the people in this show, particularly Beach City.

It just sucks that the characters aren’t allowed to age in this show. I think this bomb would’ve been a lot better if we actually saw them physically change, even just a little. I don’t recall anyone outright saying how long it’s been since Steven gave himself to Homeworld (I think someone said Connie ghosted him for a month), but with nobody being allowed to change their looks, it might as well have been a few days.

I’m...also starting to notice how...overly accepting these characters are. ONE story from Garnet about Rose Quartz and the Off-Colors accept her, like Garnet doesn’t carry a massive bias as one of her followers, despite her knowingly keeping secrets about her from her son/reincarnation.

The Beach City citizens are driving me nuts with how accepting they are of the Gems. After giant spaceships crush their town and citizens get abducted, you’d think SOME of these people might blame the alien rock people living at the cape of the town. But nah, they’re just gonna blame the mayor, and let the Gems be a part of their evacuation plan and improv groups.

Speaking of Mayor, I knew that after Sadie quit her job that Dewey would be working there. I’m surprised they took their time getting to THAT. Although it’ll be interesting to ask...with Buck’s band going strong, will he be making more than his dad?

Garnet freaking out about her future vision was...confusing to say the least. That ability of hers was never my favorite thing about her to me because it only showed up when the plot demanded it. Can she predict the future anytime or only in bursts? What does she see? There are times when I forget that she has future vision because it seems like another ability that shows up randomly like Pearl controlling sand and Amethyst shapeshifting. In any case, it WAS kinda cute to see her vulnerable and opening up to Steven about her fear of the unknown. She even got a cat out of it. Can’t wait for Cat Steven to show up once every 28 episodes.

All in all....this was a standard batch of episodes that does what SU does; give us a little mystery, give us a look into the lives of Beach City citizens and how they’re adapting and how the GEMS are adapting. They’re building up to Lars coming back to Earth, me thinks he’s gonna learn that teleportation roar that Lion has. There’s a rumor that Pink Diamond might be alive and we’re still left in the dark in exactly what kind of weapon the Diamonds used on Earth that wrecked Centi, no doubt a weapon we’ll see again. I’m looking forward to that half hour special. I wonder what it will be about.

Dr.Pepper

Your Mother and Mine:
  • I wonder how much of Garnet’s story is accurate, especially in regards to Pink’s size and appearance.
  • I want the off colors to come to earth. I also want to hear Rhodonite and Fluorite backstories.
  • I guess we can put to rest the theory that Pearl belonged to Pink Diamond. Unless she has secrets...
  • White Diamond’s hand!
  • Is this the second time Garnet shapeshifted?
The Big Show:
  • I love how the majority of the episode was through Steven’s camera. I love episodes like that.
  • I can totally relate to Sadie here. My parents are always meddling in my business. I run a science club at the school I work at and my mom is always butting in with her own ideas and it’s so annoying.
  • I guess we can put the theory that Sunshine Justice is the Mystery Girl to rest.
Pool Hopping:
  • This is going to sound really dumb, but when I first heard about this episode I imagined Garnet and Steven hopping through swimming pools and seeing different futures.
  • Honestly this was an underwhelming episode overall.
Letters to Lars:
  • It was a nice recap of what’s going on in Beach City.
  • I actually feel kind of bad for Mayor Dewey.

Last edited:

zoombie

Your Mother And Me

Well this was an okay episode, always great to see the off colors. And for the few seconds we broke the Steven prospective rule.

If this is like a sequel to "The Answer", not as good as that. We didn't discover anything we already know or what the show tried to present to us.

The moment of the episode was Padparadscha finally being useful, I am so happy for her. Good start to the string of episodes.

The Big Show

A unique style of episode, I liked the ambition of this episode. Seeing how far Sadie as come is great, though she still has some stuff to deal with, with her mom.

Greg becoming a manager, it is kind of full circle giving his past, and one of the people he manages is Sour Cream, that is really full circle. I loved some of the cheep costumes they had, it reminds of old school new wave music videos from the early days of music videos.

So they setup a future concert in Beach City, I think Homeworld is going to crash the concert, but we will see.

Pool Hopping

The episode message is change. Garnet future vision going on the fritz, and her trying to cope with it, in a way it suppose to represent parenting when their kids grow up.

Garnet and Steven just throwing pizzas at people were funny. I thought for a moment Garnet just confused Vidalia with Lars mom, it could have been some what if they went that direction, if Steven just simply would have corrected her.

The kittens was adorable, and Garnet adopted kitten, again goes back to the parenting thing, some people when their kids grow up, get pets to deal with it. And Cat Steven, he is so cute.

Letters To Lars

This might have been my favorite of the episodes. Everyone got a moment to shine here. I don't what I loved best. First of all, I knew Bill Dewey's letter was going to get a job at the Big Donut.

I loved the Pearl scene, she stole the show in this episode. Amethyst and Peridot had their moments to. As said at the end of the episode, I want to see Peridot get more familiar with the citizens of Beach City.

I am pretty sure Lars and the Off Colors they will be here soon.

Dudley

Staff member
I find it weird that Steven didn’t question how Pink Diamond was shatters by Rose Sword when it’s not capable of doing that, not to mention everything else Steven learned at the trial, like how Rose was able to get close to PD to shatter her in the first place.
I guess that’s a question that will take a full episode to explore, and I would’ve preferred an episode about that over seeing how Sadie’s band was performing.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Your Mother and Mine
This episode is okay, though I find it a bit frustrating that Steven didn't get to share his perspective on PD's demise in Your Mother and Mine. I feel that it could've been more than just a visualization of what we already know, though we do get some new information, namely Rose's former human love interest.

The Big Show
I quite like this episode. The documentary style is definitely a nice touch, it gives the episode a unique feel. Sadie's issues with her mom is one of the more interesting aspects of this episode, and I hope they'll explore this later on.

Pool Hopping
I...don't know how to feel about this episode. I love Garnet's development with her coming to terms with Steven's newfound maturity, but I just find the logic behind her "pool-hopping" hard to follow. Would exploring one improbable timeline not matter if Steven forged a different improbable timeline? It's not like there's just one possible improbable timeline, right? Confusing to say the least, but I digress.

Letters to Lars
The last episode of this batch turns out to be my favorite. The comedy is spot on. Gems interacting casually with townies is something I've been wanting to see since we see so little of it as of late. I especially love seeing Peridot mingling with the townies. I guess that's her way of getting over Lapis. In a way, Lapis leaving is actually beneficial to Peridot's development (please put down your pitchforks, Lapidot shippers). Pearl's scenes are some of the funniest I've seen in the show so far. Birb mom best mom.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
I just found out that Garnet and Greg playing tennis in "Letters to Lars" was already foreshadowed by Lamar Abrams in this interview back in 2016.
31948282_10156978495602908_429238468921524224_o.jpg

Dr.Pepper

I just found out that Garnet and Greg playing tennis in "Letters to Lars" was already foreshadowed by Lamar Abrams in this interview back in 2016.
31948282_10156978495602908_429238468921524224_o.jpg
I remember hearing this factoid before but I didn’t know where it came from. I figured it was someone’s head canon that became popular.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts