TALKBACK - Regular Show - "White Elephant Gift Exchange"/"Merry Christmas Mordecai" - [12/4]

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
RegShow6_zps2324447c.png

Episodes 167 & 168 -
55x55_dna_regshow_wh.png
- Numbers 611 & 612

White Elephant Gift Exchange/Merry Christmas Mordecai
premieres
TONIGHT at 7:30 PM
repeats
[see schedule]

This week...
White Elephant Gift Exchange: The guys want to take revenge on Muscle Man for his terrible gifts.
Merry Christmas Mordecai: Mordecai has to make it through a Christmas party at Eileen's house with CJ without messing everything up when he finds out Margaret is invited.​

Yippee Coyote

Graphic Novelist
White Elephant... with Muscle Man? Margaret... at the Christmas party? On Regular Show? Excuse me for a second.
tumblr_lcch35RARD1qbhtrto1_500.gif

Merry Christmas Mordecai!
Is that how it works? :D

King_of_doom

kiva fan
Sign....I wish Mordecai stop behaving like a wimp and confront Margaret once and for all with CJ. You think that all he has gone thru he learned a thing or 2. For once i want to see Margaret being the one making mistakes.............lets see how this one turns out and i expect that the relationship between Him and CJ doesn't fracture because of Margaret.

ShadowBeast

Sign....I wish Mordecai stop behaving like a wimp and confront Margaret once and for all with CJ. You think that all he has gone thru he learned a thing or 2. For once i want to see Margaret being the one making mistakes.............lets see how this one turns out and i expect that the relationship between Him and CJ doesn't fracture because of Margaret.
I hope if things go south with CJ that CJ will still stick around.

TheCrazyEven

Did you really expect him to not freak out after he saw her again? He may have gotten over her, but that doesn't mean he still doesn't have feelings for her. Still, I'm just as intrigued as you. I think he's screwed, though.

King_of_doom

kiva fan
Did you really expect him to not freak out after he saw her again? He may have gotten over her, but that doesn't mean he still doesn't have feelings for her. Still, I'm just as intrigued as you. I think he's screwed, though.

Mordecai has gone thru many trials where he should feel comfortable to see Margaret again but as a friend. Him and CJ already proven they are good for one another. If Margaret had mention "i can't be your girlfriend....yet....would you wait for me?" If that was the case i would understand Mordecai freaking out since he made a promised but he didn't.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
These episodes were pretty good. The first one moreso than the second.
----
I looked up what a white elephant gift exchange was before this episode. I don't wanna do that.

The tables have turned. The park gang is going to get Muscle Man back for all his pranking.

Heh, salad accessories are MM's kryptonite.

Let's put this plan to work, boyos.

Poor Pops. MM got him good in that flashback. Now he's motivated!

Here's Mordecai and Rigby's horrible flashback.

Those undewear Mickey Mouse gloves actually look nice from a distance.

By your gifts combined, Muscle Man will feel your wrath.

This plan is looking so far so good.

Dang a new TV? Looks like MM has turned a new leaf. Or did he?

Oh, that guilt and cheating has transported them the temple of the White Elephant.

I'd say rigging the exchange would be worth it, but I guess having a clear conscience is better.

I knew it, I knew it! The TV set was a Trojan horse. Get him, boyos.

Kaboom, baby! Get screwed, Muscle Man! Meanwhile let's all listen to this classic Christmas music.

Yeah, elf coming in hot with the elbow drop! This was worth it, right boyos? I bet many people on this thread are enjoying the heck out of Muscle Man getting jacked up. I know I am.
----

A good old freestyle Christmas rap by Mordecai and Rigby.

A sweater party? Those exist?

Looks like Mordecai is in a pickle. Margaret is coming and he is having a heart attack.

Talk about digging yourself deeper. That imagine spot was neat.

Speak of the devil. Margaret and Mordecai are face to face again. Mordo is dropping bricks out his rectum from being near her.

Just run from your problems, Mordo. That's not going to bite you in the butt later.

You know you're messed up when Rigby is telling you to get a hold of yourself.

Party time. Nice present for Eileen, Rigby.

Crap, Margaret is coming. Gotta get CJ away from her.

Confrontation is inevitable. Well this is awkward.

Hmph, that went well. Looks like Mordecai was just overreacting.

Everyone's kissing. A cheek kiss is weak, Rigby. Kiss Eileen on the lips like you mean it.

Uh oh, Margaret is under the mistletoe.

Boy, that escalated quickly. Face your fears, Mordecai.

There we go. Mordecai has finally talked it out with Margaret.

Whoopsie daisy, they kissed. And what a surprise, CJ saw.

Well isn't this a pleasant ending? CJ ran away heartbroken, Mordecai couldn't explain himself in time, and Margaret is here to stay. Merry Christmas, ladies and gentlemen! :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

MetroSparkster

...has nothing to say.
I knew Mordecai's relationship would end badly.
It started out well at first, but the moment, CJ went to the bathroom, I knew exactly how this would end.

Didn't expect Margret to move back. That's gonna make things worse, I'll bet.

Splufay

I'm just going to come right out and say that I love Margaret and Mordecai. Their story-arc has been one of my favorite aspects of this show. I know a lot of people write her off as bland, but I always thoroughly enjoyed her conversations with Mordecai. They've always had a sense of realism to them that I've never really seen before in other cartoons.

FULL SPOILERS AHEAD.

Oh my god I freaking loved these two episodes. The white elephant one started off slow, but the montage of Muscle Man getting the crap beaten out of him by his gift made up for the whole thing and was easily the hardest I've laughed at this show in a long time.

And the christmas party was fantastic from start to finish. I thought for sure that the 3rd thing Eileen had to mention was that Margaret was going to be dating a guy. However, I am so happy with the real result. It's hard for me to talk about the episode right now, because I was just so taken aback by that ending. I know a lot of you aren't going to be happy with the result of this episode, but I for one, am happy that Margaret has returned. Now it's a long wait until after the holidays for this story-arc to continue. But boy am I excited.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
So...Rigby shouldn't have accidentally pushed Mordecai to CJ then, and he wouldn't have gotten this mess, though it might have happen either way. Good callback to New Year's Eve.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Margaret is a completely bland character with no personality was there really a demand for her to return!?

TheCrazyEven

As for the first one, that was good, good stuff. I have a feeling every single Muscle Man hater will get a kick out of it.

As for the second, I don't believe in "I told you so", but OH GOD NO WHY DID THIS HAPPEN OH CRAP NO PLEASE NOT THE PITS, DON'T GO INTO THE PITS.............to be fair, the episode itself was just fine. It had some really good character moments going for it towards the end. And the end pretty much undid everything that Mordecai learned ever since Margaret left. GENIUS IDEA, FELLAS. I was one of the few that actually liked Margaret, and her progession as a character. I also loved the Mordecai/Margaret romance, but to be honest, I wasn't that upset to see that flame die out, and ended up loving the CJ/Mordecai romance even more. I do remember thinking that something like this happening would be an interesting idea, but after all the episode set up, this actually happening felt kinda anticlimatic. I'm tempted to say that it would have been better if it turned out Margaret had a new boyfriend, or husband, but upon thinking, that would have made the episode worse. Doesn't mean I didn't like it, though, which I did. I guess all that can be said here is, Merry Freaking Christmas Mordecai, you idiotic screw-up. It'll take a planet alignment for him and CJ to fix this by the next few episodes.

So...Rigby shouldn't have accidentally pushed Mordecai to CJ then, and he wouldn't have gotten this mess, though it might've happen either way.
I'm surprised that wasn't brought up at all in here. It's obvious this was the kiss Future Rigby was talking about, but, what if....IT WASN'T?! Probably not likely, but you never really know with Regular Show.

King_of_doom

kiva fan
face palm................i knew it........quoting the Ice King "You blew it man!!!!"

Dr. Dave

Two awesome Christmas episodes. Watching Muscle Man get his was hilarious. The second episode was equally great. I knew Margaret's return would create conflict. However, Mordecai equally shares the blame here. He's going to have fun smoothing this over with CJ.

ShadowBeast

White Elephant Gift Exchange: I was almost disappointed with this episode when everyone was transported to that place with The Giant White Elephant but when they came back and MuscleMan's gift was proven a prank, their gifts to him was just deserving and I loved that the elf guy started off with an elbow drop.

Merry Christmas Mordecai: I was expecting Mordecai to be panicking throughout the episode until the end of it, but I was surprised that it ended when Margaret and CJ met but that usually means something bad was on it's way which ended up being CJ seeing Morcecai and Margaret kissing.
I was expecting Eileen's third thing to be Margaret having a boyfriend but I'm glad it was Margaret being Eileen's new room mate, now we just need CJ to stay.

TheCrazyEven

Margaret is a completely bland character with no personality was there really a demand for her to return!?
She went from a stereotypical love interest, to a calm, collective, no-nonsense, and occasinally saracastic person focused on her path to journalism rather than romantic interests, as evident by the fact she obviously didn't see anyone after breaking up with Mordecai. If she was bland, she wouldn't have gone past that at all.

This is just my opinion, though, I can see why people would still call her bland.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
face palm................i knew it........quoting the Ice King "You blew it man!!!!"
My thoughts exactly while I thought that the first half was funny I thought the second episode was kinda unneeded and did not really think this show needed a love triangle.

Kung-Fu Yoshi

She went from a stereotypical love interest, to a calm, collective, no-nonsense, and occasinally saracastic person focused on her path to journalism rather than romantic interests, as evident by the fact she obviously didn't see anyone after breaking up with Mordecai. If she was bland, she wouldn't have gone past that at all.

This is just my opinion, though, I can see why people would still call her bland.

I think people are still stuck with a certain mentality in which Margaret's nothing more than some coffee shop worker who Mordecai lusted after for... some reason only to get different boyfriends every time. That was in the early episodes.

These people say she should never come back -- but would you rather have a bland character still or a character with a personality?

TheCrazyEven

I think people are still stuck with a certain mentality in which Margaret's nothing more than some coffee shop worker who Mordecai lusted after for... some reason only to get different boyfriends every time. That was in the early episodes.

These people say she should never come back -- but would you rather have a bland character still or a character with a personality?
Obviously the latter, but I believe she's moved past the blandness, for the most part.

Machuran

The problem is that we never saw Margaret's development, we only saw what happened to her when she came back. She was never fleshed out on screen despite the fact that she's had way more screen time when compared to characters Eileen and CJ that's why people perceive her that way. We only saw Margaret as the coffee shop worker who Mordecai had been lusting over and she wanted to go to college because that's all we were shown. Of course the choice would be a character with a personality, but the writers should've shown that on screen and not just use it to have her come back to start up this unnecessary love triangle drama.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts