Talkback: Pokemon the Series: SM: Ultra Legends: "Show Me the Metal!" [7/6]

Latest News & Videos

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World

Join Ash and Pikachu as they make new friend and explore the Alola region.

Recently:
Ash and his friends arrive on Poni Island to do their research projects.
Ash meets a young trainer named Hapu.
Ash encounters Plumeria from Team Skull.
Ash battles against Gladion and loses.
Sopholces' Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt.
Lana's Popplio evolves into Brionne and she receives a Primraium Z Crystal.
Kiawe receives Flyinium Z for completing his Grand Trial against Tapu Fini.
Thanks to Tapu Fini's mist, Mallow is able to reunite with her mother.
Torracat is reunited with Stoutland and learns Fire Blast.
Mallow takes in a Shaymin after saying goodbye to her mother.
Lillie and Gladion learn that their father is alive.
Hapu becomes the Island Kahuna.
Ash challenges Hapu to a Grand Trial and wins.
Ash receives a Steelium Z Crystal.

Last Time:
"Keeping Your Eyes on the Ball!"

The students of the Pokémon School are in for a treat when they meet Kahili, a famous Pokémon Golfer, and her Pokémon partner, a somewhat grumpy Toucannon named Touckey. Poor Kahili’s in a bit of a slump, but will teaching these raw recruits the finer points of the game give her the confidence to get back on top?

This Time:
"Show Me the Metal!"
Saturday June 29th, 9:00AM

Ash and friends recently returned to Melemele Island after their class trip to Poni Island, but it turns out someone else made the journey with them! Tiny Pokémon with hex nut-shaped heads arrived on the same boat as our heroes, and judging by the Pokémon School’s missing tools, these mysterious Pokémon enjoy eating metal. Not even Team Rocket is safe from their appetites! But what exactly are these strange Pokémon?​

Notes:
The 22nd season of Pokemon is here to keep promoting the seventh generation.
Disney XD is the new home for the Pokemon anime series.
New Pokemon have been revealed for Pokemon Sword/Shield.
Pokemon Sword/Shield will be released on November 15th.
Detective Pikachu is coming to the Switch.
Pokemon Masters is a new mobile game coming out this summer.

Last edited:

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I thought that this episode was okay. It was nice to see the characters' reactions to Meltan. They haven't named it yet, but that's obviously what it is, so I'll just call it by that name. A lot of fans still consider it to be the first eighth generation Pokemon, but I'm still positive that it is the special mystical Legendary Pokemon of the seventh generation. It fits that role a bit better than Cosmog considering it evolves into the main two Legendary Pokemon of the generation.

It was nice to see Ash and his friends trying to learn more about Meltan and how they discovered it was also pretty funny. It took them way too long to realize that it was alive and that it could be a Pokemon. They were able to figure out that it was a Steel type pretty quickly. I also forgot that Meltan could use Electric attacks. Marowak scaring them off with that dance was pretty expected given that it is a Fire type Pokemon.

The whole gag of the Meltan eating any metal around them already feels like it could get old pretty fast. While they thought that they lost all of the Meltan after they left the school, one unknowingly went into Ash's backpack with Rowlet. Telling Professor Oak about Meltan was a nice call back to how they revealed prior to the release of Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. Overall, it was an okay episode. It mainly felt like setup for the next episode, so not a lot really stood out to me, but it was still enjoyable to watch.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

IMO C.H. Greenblatt wrote and storyboarded some of the best episodes of Spongebob and Billy and Mandy.
Sesame Street: Creating a world that is smarter, stronger, and kinder.

I'm starting a special competition on my deviantart. More information can be found here.

Today is 11 years of Bret Iwan voicing Mickey.
It’s September 2020 and HBO Max still needs a lot of fixing. What would you do to fix it?