Talkback: Pokemon the Series: SM: Ultra Legends: "Run, Heroes, Run!" [6/8]

Latest News & Videos

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World

Join Ash and Pikachu as they make new friend and explore the Alola region.

Recently:
Misty and Brock arrive in Alola for their vacations.
Brock receives a Comfey from Nurse Joy.
Brock battles against Olivia, but it is interrupted by Team Rocket.
Misty and Brock return to Kanto.
Ash and his friends arrive on Poni Island to do their research projects.
Ash meets a young trainer named Hapu.
Ash encounters Plumeria from Team Skull.
Ash battles against Gladion and loses.
Sopholces' Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt.
Lana's Popplio evolves into Brionne and she receives a Primraium Z Crystal.

Last Time:
"Evolving Research!"

While at Poni Island, Sophocles decides he wants to evolve his Charjabug, so Hapu informs him that the electrical energy around Vast Poni Canyon will allow him to do so. Ash, Kiawe and Sophocles then head to the canyon where they find Horacio and his group who are in the canyon to do the same. At the same time, Lana decides to train her Popplio with her old friend Aya and her recently evolved Primarina. With Popplio learning to properly sing with Primarina, does it count as training? How will everyone's project turn out?

This Time:
"Run, Heroes, Run!"
Saturday June 8th, 9:00AM

On Poni Island, it’s time for Kiawe and Mallow to work on their class research projects. The island is currently without a kahuna, so Kiawe decides to battle Tapu Fini in a grand trial instead. He and Ash set off together to challenge the Island Guardian. Meanwhile, Mallow asks for Hapu’s help in creating some delicious Poni Radish dishes to serve at her family’s restaurant back on Melemele Island. How will they both do for their research projects?​

Notes:
The 22nd season of Pokemon is here to keep promoting the seventh generation.
Disney XD is the new home for the Pokemon anime series.
New Pokemon have been revealed for Pokemon Sword/Shield.
Pokemon Sword/Shield will be released on November 15th.
Detective Pikachu is coming to the Switch.
Pokemon Masters is a new mobile game coming out later this year.

Last edited:

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I thought that this episode was pretty good. Both Ash and Kiawe going to challenge Tapu Fini together was pretty neat. They both got too competitive with each other, but that was pretty fitting and funny. Of course, Kiawe was more focused on being respectful when addressing Tapu Fini, while Ash was more direct and blunt about what he wanted. It was pretty neat to see them having a double team practice battle. They usually just have one on one matches instead.

I wasn't expecting Tapu Fini to be that upset that the battle damaged the area. I liked that Kiawe was immediately concerned for Ash and his Pokemon and wanted to save them. Getting a scale from Tapu Lele was certainly a different kind of task and he was lucky that he had Charizard still with him or else he wouldn't have been able to even get there before time ran out. Kiawe normally doesn't battle with Charizard, so that was a pretty different setup for him to begin with.

Kiawe's battle against Tapu Lele was pretty good. Tapu Lele was just having fun, but it was still doing a number on his Charizard. I especially liked where Kiawe thought back to when he was younger riding on Charizard with his grandfather. It showed how much his grandfather meant to him and what Kiawe learned from him. It also led to a pretty cool use of Aerial Ace and Kiawe having complete faith in Charizard to use the move.

The scenes with Mallow, Lillie and Lana hanging out with Hapu were pretty cute. Hapu was clearly getting more comfortable with the group, even bringing out her Pokemon after they left because she was lonely and she helped Mallow with her research project.

It was pretty sweet that Ash firmly believed that Kiawe would come back for them. Kiawe obviously wouldn't abandon his friends or his Pokemon partners, so of course he would wait until Kiawe came back. Kiawe running back to save his friends just in the nick of time was pretty sweet. It was obvious that they were going to be fine, but Kiawe didn't know that and seeing that he was pushing himself so hard really showed how much he cared. It was a different kind of Grand Trial from Tapu Fini, but Kiawe was able to go first and get a new Z-Crystal as a result. This does make me wonder if he'll battle with Charizard more often now that he has a Z-Crystal that only works with it. I'm surprised that he hasn't gotten the Ghost type Z-Crystal for Marowak yet.

It was kind of sweet to see that Kiawe's grandfather was watching, but I kind of wish Kiawe had been able to see him. He would have obviously loved the chance to see his grandfather again. Overall, it was a pretty good episode. It was another great focus episode for Kiawe and it reminds me why he is my favorite SM character. Unlike the previous episode, combining two class research projects together in this episode worked out much better here. Mallow's research into Poni Island dishes is definitely more b-plot worthy material than Lana's Popplio training off-screen to evolve into Brionne.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The teaser is good. The comments saying "Release The Snyder Cut" are not.
Is the concept of good scheduling just dead at this point, I'm looking at PlutoTv and most of the time they just got the same show on repeat.
As someone who just got into Usagi Yojimbo, I am so hyped for the cartoon.
Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.