Talkback: Pokemon the Series: SM: Ultra Adventures: "Love at First Twirl!" [8/25]

Light Lucario

Staff member
pokemonultraadv-jpg.190241

Join Ash and Pikachu as they make new friend and explore the Alola region.

Recently:
Lusamine asks Ash and his friends to become Ultra Guardians to battle against Ultra Beasts.
Snowy knows Hail and learns Aurora Veil.
Ash and his friends team up as the Ultra Guardians to battle Buzzwole.
Ash captures Buzzwole and quickly releases it back into the Ultra Wormhole.
Team Rocket meets an Alolan Meowth.
The Alolan Meowth sneaks its way back to Team Rocket Headquarters.
Ash's Litten evolves into Torracat during its battle against the Masked Royal's Incineroar.
Ash and his friends meet Ilima.
Ilima goes back to Kalos.

Last Time:
"Smashing with Sketch!"
Ilima continues his visit to the Pokemon School. He teaches Ash and his friends about Pokemon Ping Pong . It's a game where trainers can team up with their Pokemon and their Pokemon can even use moves to hit the ball. Ilima invites the class to a Pokemon Ping Pong tournament where they hope to defeat their rival Ikari and his partner Mienshao. Will Ilima be able to win the Pokemon Ping Pong tournament?

This Time:
"Love at First Twirl!"

Saturday August 25th, 9:00AM
During Sophocles' presentation, Pikachu gets distracted by a mysterious purple Pokemon. It goes off to find it, but then Ash and his friends are left wondering where Pikachu disappeared to. Pikachu soon meets the mysterious Pokemon, but Team Rocket wants to steal it too. Will Pikachu be able to protect its new friend from Team Rocket?
Notes:
The 21st season of Pokemon is here to keep promoting the seventh generation.
Disney XD is the new home for the Pokemon anime series.
New episodes premiere on Saturday mornings again.
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee will be available for the Switch on November 16th
There is a main series Pokemon game in development for the Switch system.
The episodes are available on both Disney XD's website and On Demand section.
Please avoid using detailed spoilers here. Thank you.

Last edited:

LinusFan303

Squeak
Was a nice episode. Was nice seeing Rowlett try to help Pikachu when he thought there was some danger. And the little new purple one was nice. It was funny to see Team Rocket introduce themselves to the pokemon then acknowledge it too. Meowth being proud of Torracat was sweet. They discovered a new Pokemon nice.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. Sophocles giving a presentation was a strange way to keep Ash and his friends distracted, but his cousin does exist in the anime after all. Poipole's voice is a lot different than I imagined it would be. I guess it works in how it sounds other worldly, but it doesn't quite fit with its cute design, although that might have been the point. It was excited to see Pikachu's Thunderbolt at the start of the Ultra Guardians arc, so it was nice to see that followed up on.

Pikachu being willing to run off with a strange Pokemon without even Ash knowing about it until lunch time was weird. It was cute to see Pikachu and Poiple play around together. It was nice that Rowlet thought that Pikachu was in trouble during that moment. Rowlet's screentime is just sleeping at this point, but it was nice to see it do something and actually show concern for Pikachu for once. It was also nice that Pikachu instantly wanted to protect Rowlet once Poipole poisoned it, but Poipole started to help carry Rowlet to safety too.

I don't know why Jessie was surprised that Meowth couldn't understand Poipole. They already confirmed that Meowth couldn't translate what Ultra Beasts say in a previous episode. Jessie thinking that Meowth could understand it after seeing Poipole laugh at them was pretty funny though. Lycanroc and Torracat showing up to help them was nice too. Even Meowth was happy to see that Litten had evolved from a Torracat. The battle against Team Rocket was pretty decent.

At least they were able to get Rowlet all healed from the poison. I forgot that they had to find the right Ultra Wormhole in order to send the Ultra Beasts back. It's been awhile since they've actually dealt with an Ultra Beast. Ash attempting to capture Poipole with so many Ultra Balls was pretty funny, but I wondered why he didn't try to explain to Poipole that going into the Beast Ball was okay sooner. It was clear that Poipole was just playing with him, so that could have saved a bit of time. Still, Poipole getting into the Beast Ball itself was nice.

It has been a long time since Ash caught a Pokemon in this series. His SM is really lackluster though. Only Pikachu, Lycanroc and Torracat are good in battle. Rowlet does virtually nothing but sleep at this point and Poipole sounds like a temporary team member. He's going to need at least one or two more Pokemon to just get a full team and he's already been through half of the Grand Trials in the Island Challenge, even though that in itself is treated like an afterthought too. Poipole making a painting of Pikachu was pretty cute though. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts