TALKBACK - OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes - Episodes 71-74 [9/21 (Online) 5/12-26 (TV)]

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
jK11FbB.jpg

Episode 71
Qoc0MBK.jpg

Final Exams
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 9/21
(TV) TBA

This week...
KO, Enid and Rad team up with an unlikely ally to take on an unlikely foe.

Episode 72
Qoc0MBK.jpg

Soda Genie
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 9/21
(TV) TBA

This week...
K.O. finds a bottle of Citrus Twist in the back and summons a sinister genie named Twisty. When she literally answers K.O.'s wish to "make Rad a burger", Enid and K.O. take Twisty to court where they present a series stories Rashomon style.

Episode 73
Qoc0MBK.jpg

CarolQuest
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 9/21
(TV) TBA

This week...
Carol is called away by Foxtail to protect the glorb tree. Not wanting to leave him with Mr. Gar, K.O. is brought along under the belief that Carol is taking him on a scavenger hunt. It soon becomes apparent that K.O. knows more about Carol's mission than she thought.

Episode 74
Qoc0MBK.jpg

Boxman Crashes
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 9/21
(TV) TBA

This week...
An extremely bored Professor Venomous discovers Lord Boxman living in his trash can. Taking pity on him, he lets him stay at his place and quickly finds him annoying. However, Boxman soon comes up with a new scheme to get back at the Bodega that quickly intrigues Venomous and Fink.​

Last edited:

zoombie

Final Exams

So we wrap this arc, I knew there is more to Chip than meets the eye. He is a dam robot, and Foxtail was the master mind of this all, no wonder Mr. Gar doesn't like her. Granted I don't think she is evil, I think she thinks she is helping.

Great to see Eden and Elodie becomes friends again, and Eden just not being much of a ninja and blowing their cover is hilarious. They found their own paths, and still be friends. I wonder now that Eden and Elodie are pals again,

I am hoping we have Elodie meet Red Action. Old friends and new friends can they get along. That would be a good episode. If you compare the relationship and characters, Elodie shares Eden desire to be a hero, while Red shares Eden desire to rebel and slack off at times. We got to have that episode, I can't wait, who doesn't love a good love triangle.

Carolquest

I found it distracting how small they make Ko look in the first scene, I think they were going for a gag there, still distract for the whole episode. I thought at first the opening scene was a flashback.

To no one's surprise, it is revealed that Carol is working for Point, and giving Gar feels about them and especially Foxtail, caught cause some relationship drama later on. Though good subversion, normally it is a guy who is doing secret stuff, but here is the woman in the relationship that is doing it, does it make it right, but still. And I love the mommy. Need to see more of her.

Soda Genie

Cute episode about a soda genie. She was very mischievous, but she was cute. She reminds me of trickster genies we see a lot in media like Norm from Fairy Odd Parents. And Rad is a burger forever and forever.

Boxman Crashes

We can talk about Eden and her female relationship all we want, but the real gay representation relationship on the show has to be Boxman and Venomous. You know Venomous is an evil villain and all, but for an evil villain he is not a bad guy. I so sympathize of how annoying Boxman can be, but he took it.

Great to see Fink, I love how she and Boxman bonded and now they get along. It seemed she is bigger every episode, maybe it is because I haven't seen her in so long. Still want to see Fink and Dendy interact, that is something we need.

So Venmous is the new owner of Boxmor, you know what great, Darrel didn't even want the job. Though I don't how him and his sibling are going to feel about having a new little sister.

All and all, there is not a bad episode in this bunch.

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Putting it lightly, there isn't a single episode here that WASN'T High Tier, IMHO. Usually what I'm happy to see out of this simple but effective show, actually.

As for some highlights for me to point out:

FINAL EXAMS -
So we got a proper conclusion to Enid applying herself and wanting to do something bigger with her life, which is nice and all. Plus, we have something to keep an eye on here (some actually good lore for what it is) - P.O.I.N.T. in general is not to be trusted. I'm looking forward to see what these writers can do with this, as Enid's last words to Elodie sum up a lot of things perfectly that P.O.I.N.T. is clearly doing wrong and may need to someday be brought down themselves for the greater good.

Also, I like that at least Elodie is made to be more likable after all this, as well - even if I'm not that into her as a character to begin with; looks like someone's been paying attention to some things Gravity Falls (i.e.: Pacifica) did right and is applying it to other shows to show how it's done - basic, but effective character development.

SODA GENIE - Unfortunately, I see this as
easily forgettable filler, IMHO, but the fact that I like Enid, K.O., and even Rad as characters helps me to ignore that harsh truth just enough to get through it without too much complaint - plus all those references to Phoenix Wright did at least get a decent laugh out of me, I must admit.

CAROL QUEST -
It was about time Carol was caught and forced to tell K.O. just enough about WHY she's secretly still with P.O.I.N.T. After what K.O. (and his friends, especially Enid!) went through there, I wouldn't trust them, either. And yeah - it does suck to have to keep those kinds of secrets from your loved ones, so I'm glad she kinda caved at the end there. It's best NO ONE is in the dark about how P.O.I.N.T. should not be trusted so easily. Once again, I look forward to seeing how the writers handle the inevitable with this when the time comes.

BOXMAN CRASHES - I hate to say it who might get angry at this semi - straight return to status quo (annoying and hard to shake as THAT can be in any ongoing medium!), however - I kinda saw Boxman taking back his company eventually from a mile away. Just NOT like THIS.

Just having him live in trash cans is just no way to really go out for him (AND, if THAT was gonna be the case, he should've burned up in the Sun, abrupt as that permanent exit from the show would have been, too!). Furthermore, the Daryl in charge clearly wasn't happy with what he was doing, from the looks of things - Venomous isn't wrong about this board of evildoers he's clearly strung around by, and it shows.

As for our heroes, Here's hoping they're ready for whatever Boxmore has in store for them with the new management in place... Venomous doesn't come across as anyone to underestimate. Boxman, maybe, but at his A-Game? Yeah - I just expect things to get a bit more rough going from here, provided the writers can pull it off, of course.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
It feels so weird that they saved the last episode of Enid's POINT arc for this bomb three months after releasing the rest. Wouldn't it have made more sense to just pack the entire arc together and bump back "Special Delivery"?

zoombie

So you think there is some gay text between Venomous and Boxman, or am I just looking for things that is not even there?

Well I do think there is some gay subtext with Nick and Joff, they have a closeness you can't just explain away.

Radical

Banned
Both Final Exams, Soda Genie, CarolQuest, and Boxman Crashes were pretty sweet/enjoyable,

Poor K.O./Rad captured.
Elodie joining Enid on saving K.O./Rad was great, she's the best new ally which I love it on her great character development/growth:D.
Love Enid/Elodie's sweet friendship relationship moments, nice that they are friends again.
Enid's cool ninja skills and their cover blown was funny.
Chip Damage turning out to be a robot created by Dr. Greyman was a great shocking reveal:eek:.
I hope to see Rippy Roo come pretty soon.
Dr. Greyman reforming/developing was great.
Enid/Elodie taking his robot butt during their fight with Chip Damage was funny.
K.O./Rad going back inside the box was so funny, hehehe:p.
Poor Chip Damage robot, he'll be a better reformed superhero robot after when Foxtail is defeated.
Dr. Greyman getting Enid/Elodie an A+ was sweet.
Foxtail so the true mastermind of course, still horrible/unlikable/heartless, both her, Professor Venomous, Cosma, and Ms. Quantum so top Lord Boxman on super evil villainy:ack:.
Nice of Dr. Greyman to leave Foxtail, I hope he joins with K.O., Rad, Enid, and Mr. Gar.
Enid leaving P.O.I.N.T. Academy and her goodbye to Elodie was great, poor Elodie would have come with them.
Sparko joining with them to leave P.O.I.N.T. Academy was great, but I get a feeling Sparko is still brainwashed.
The P.O.I.N.T. Academy arc ends, it was a great enjoyable arc:D.

Both K.O., Rad, and Enid daring each other on the expired soda was funny.
Twisty the evil cute soda genie, my favorite great funny new minor villainess:anime:.
Both K.O./Rad wanting the wishes was funny, hahahahaha.
Enid to know that Twisty is evil was great.
Poor Rad turned into a burger was funny.
Cool seeing Wally the White, great as the judge.
K.O./Enid/Rad vs. Twisty in court was great/funny.
Twisty's fake story with K.O., Rad, and Enid as the villains was funny.
Rad's story with him being the cool macho hero defeating Twisty was awesome/funny:p.
Wally's lame joke, hahahahaha.
K.O.'s story on how it happened was sweet.
Twisty in jail from Wally was sweet/well-deserved.
Twisty reforming/turning good from K.O. was sweet.
Rad still a burger at the end, he'll be back to normal next episodes.

Cool to finally see my Punching Judy get some screentime, yaaaaay, love her, best awesome babysitter and her babysitter tournament is awesome:D.
Carol's double agent secret is out working for Foxtail/P.O.I.N.T., poor Carol.
Cool seeing Gertie and Miss Mummy, which their puppets to Foxtail/P.O.I.N.T., the poor awesome women:sad:.
Cool seeing the Mecha Lizard but much bigger/cooler, I get feeling Foxtail/P.O.I.N.T. sent it.
K.O./Carol/Gertie/Miss Mummy vs./defeating the big Mecha Lizard was awesome.
Carol finally coming clean to K.O. was great, poor K.O./Mr. Gar to find out and relationship drama will come soon, so love Carol:D.

Cool seeing the Congresswoman, she's awesome.
Cool seeing Professor Venomous/Fink, yaaaaaay, mostly love Fink:D.
Nice seeing Lord Boxman, the poor guy to be homeless.
Lord Boxman being the worst houseguest annoying poor Professor Venomous/Fink was funny, hahahahaha:p.
K.O./Rad/Enid vs. Fink was great/funny.
Lord Boxman/Fink's chemistry and finally getting along was sweet, I hope for Dendy and Fink to communicate soon.
Nice that Professor Venomous cares for Lord Boxman, more better than Ludo/Toffee as much as Toffee uses Ludo.
Lord Boxman's evil scheme was great.
Professor Venomous taking over Boxmore next to Lord Boxman is awesome:D, I'll miss Lord Cowboy Darrell.

Last edited:

GrantM

As much as I enjoy this show, one thing that irks me is the "Never Say Die" trope in full effect, especially in the episode "Boxman Crashes", Is it simply because the show is rated TV-Y7 and CN forbids uses of kill, dead and die (even though Nickelodeon and Disney allow them) or am I being crazy

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
These episodes are finally making it to TV in May.

NGL, for the longest time I legitimately thought the network simply forgot to air them. Heck, maybe they did and they're only just now remembering, I don't know.

I'll just be waiting for actually new material...

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!

zoombie

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts