TALKBACK - OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes - "A Hero's Fate" & "Let's Have a Stakeout" - [9/29]

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
jK11FbB.jpg

Episodes 29 & 30
Qoc0MBK.jpg

Fridays at 6:30p/5:30c!

A Hero's Fate
Premieres
FRIDAY at 6:30 PM

This week...

When a long-lost hero stumbles into Gar’s, K.O. agrees to help him complete his years long quest.
Special Guest: Michael Sinterniklaas as Hero
Note: Crossover between OK KO! and Ian's popular webcomic, RPG World.

----

Let's Have a Stakeout
Premieres
FRIDAY at 6:45 PM

This week...

Mr. Gar tasks K.O., Enid and Rad with capturing a "plaza creeper" who is actually the shadowy figure from "T.K.O."

tumblr_owwp7agEmE1qlh9h7o1_540.gif

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
As the posts above pointed out, this episode is a crossover. Has anyone read the webcomic RPG World? This was the comic that Ian Jones-Quartey created before working for Cartoon Network. He cancelled it before the final chapter.

Now, years later, we finally have closure. I highly recommend giving this comic a read.

kid rabbit

I was like holy crap hero from RPG world it was one of the first
webcomics I discovered and read regularly
next week : CAPTAIN PLANET???

Radical

Banned
A Hero's Fate was pretty sweet/funny,

KO/Rad/Enid vs. the Jethros was great/funny, nice seeing Jethro.
Enid in swimwear sexiness, go Enid.
Nice seeing Darrell, the poor loser, hehehe.
Hero, a great funny protagonist, sweet design looking like Cloud, Michael Sinterniklass as him, sweet:D.
KO/Hero's chemistry was great/funny.
Love the RPG videogame references.
Galgarion, my favorite great funny guest villain.
KO/Hero vs. Galgarion was great/funny.
Hero/Galgarion being friends was funny, hehehe.
Hero/Cherry's sweet comic like closure, nice seeing Cherry:D.
The crossover with RPG World was awesome along with a great closure:D.

I'll enjoy the great Captain Planet crossover, it's unexpected/sweet, cool to see Captain Planet.

Tak Mazé

Worms and plastic minnows!
So "A Hero's Fate" is supposed to based on something and/or parodying something, but as someone unfamiliar with the source material it was just way too predictable of a story. Can we hold off on cameos and crossovers until we've actually properly defined the core characters of the show? Especially the villains who I don't think get nearly enough screen time.

Digamma-F-Wau

So "A Hero's Fate" is supposed to based on something and/or parodying something, but as someone unfamiliar with the source material it was just way too predictable of a story. Can we hold off on cameos and crossovers until we've actually properly defined the core characters of the show? Especially the villains who I don't think get nearly enough screen time.
To be fair most people unfamiliar with the RPG World (ie most viewers in general) comic would probably assume that they're just parodying Final Fantasy and to a lesser extent JRPGs in general (something people would be much more familiar with)

Tak Mazé

Worms and plastic minnows!
Yeah Cloud was what I was seeing, I just thought it was weak in general. The whole episode is basically re-using the same joke, they're doing stuff you would do in an RPG video game.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'll say something... Before I'm forced to do something more important...

A Hero's Fate (Mid High Tier) -
I admit I haven't read the web-comic this was based around, but I'll give Ian credit for using this segment as an opportunity for finishing it up in style; unfortunately, this is going to be confusing as hell, unless you have read said web-comic... Not the kind of feeling I want to have when watching something, thank you very much. The reason I'm not being too tough on it is because it was still solid enough as an episode, thanks to K.O. seeing how dumb this all was - proves there's more to his character than I thought. He may be naive (still), but stupid is the last thing I'd call him (hopefully, the writers can keep that up, too.).

Again, it's always good to see more episodes where K.O. is shown to be the smarter one in the bunch. Now if only something could be done for that Sephiroth - looking dork trying to fix up his house. Not being able to move from one place is no way to live, no matter how tough / powerful / dangerous you happen to be! I mean the Cloud - looking dork got his happy ending, thanks to K.O. talking him down about how obsessed he (and by extension, the Sephiroth - looking dork he's obsessed with fighting... For reasons that have faded from memory, making it all pointless. Best to bury it underfoot, guys.) - I just don't think it's fair to leave one end hanging like that, which is another part of why I can rank this too highly.

Let's Have a Stakeout! (Mid High Tier) - I honestly think this was the better of the two premieres here, but that's mostly because seeing K.O. learn to control his emotions like that after how he screwed up in "T.K.O." is a welcome site, IMHO - simply because... Good character development. Too bad he still can't hold his own in a fight that isn't Boxman's robots - Shadowy Figure really whooped his ass and almost got away with what he was really trying to do there.

Gar had every right to yell at him for those reasons alone, unfortunately (though I am glad he talked K.O. down and bonded with him a little at the end...). It doesn't help that K.O. just comes off rather annoying her early on before things actually pick up with that fight between him and Shadowy Figure. I prefer K.O. be naive than come off annoying, thank you very much.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts