Talkback - New Looney Tunes - Episodes Discussion

Jazz1000

Evil PLANS...
New Episodes of New Looney Tunes is Here on Cartoon Network and Boomerang as well! :)

Wabbit
latest

New Episodes on Boomerang

Last edited:

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
This is looking to be a great show. A horribly planned premiere, but a hopefully good show!

wiley207

Well, I saw the first two segments. So far, I have mixed opinions, but I am willing to give it a chance. I'm going to still need to get used to Yosemite Sam's weird new design. I will admit, Squeaks the Squirrel was interesting, mainly because of how [SPOILER ALERT!] he doesn't really talk, but chitters and uses pantomime.
I also heard pretty much no Treg Brown/Looney Tunes sound effects in it; but I heard a bunch of Hanna-Barbera sound effects being used, as if it were the Warner/Seven Arts cartoons all over again! (Again I say, they should've gotten DigiPost.TV to do sound editing instead of Advantage Audio...)

TFormersMarvel

So far, "Buddha Bugs" was more amusing compared to its companion short "Now and Zen" (probably because of Yosemite Sam's antics to become a Buddhist " 'cause money"). Though the ninjas combinng into a bigger ninja as they attack Bugs and Squeaks was kind of cool.

From first impressions, it feels more like a Warner Bros's version of the 2015 Mickey Mouse shorts, but with Bugs instead. I like the inclusion of Sight Gags (my personal favorite trope in animation) and word play.

I'm surprised they were able to depict Yosemite Sam wielding semi-realistic pistols and firing at Buddhists in a TV-Y7 (no FV) show.

ToonJay723

Staff member
I liked these 4 shorts. They feel like a modern version of the classic Looney Tunes shorts, only more fast paced. My favorite from this episode is "Sun Valley Freeze"

Last edited:

Jazz1000

Evil PLANS...
i had a few laugh of this show and so far i liked what i was watching :)

ZeroKelvin

The Last Samurai
Pretty good so far. The theme song was meh but I'll get used to it eventually, kinda weird they're not going with the iconic LT theme but I guess they wanna try something new. Now for the shorts themselves.

Buddha Bugs: Fun short. It's always nice seeing Bugs mess around with his enemies with his tricks as usual. Though I have to admit Sam did look weird without his hair (and the new design didn't bother me that much, suprisingly). The mustache comb thing was funny too.

Now and Zen: NINJAS! And they can throw stars without arms! Squeaks... well he's not that bad. He actually did something to help and was funny too (scaring off the mini marshmallow ninjas for example) but it kinda felt like to me Bugs could've done more than just throw stuff at Mega Ninja and burrow underground.

The Inside Bugs: "Try you're mom's pants size." That's the highlight of this one, really. My favorite one of this episode. While it seems Elmer might not show up, at least Sam's still around to fall for Bugs tricks (makes me wonder how they're gonna handle Wile E when he comes soon).

Sun Valley Freeze: I didn't find this one as funny as the others. Bigfoot kinda reminds me of Charlie from We Be Bears, awkward and annoying. The "lady" gag got old (it sorta reminded me of Mindy from Animaniacs). His design is also a little weird too, but overall this was my least favorite of episode.

Good show for now. I'll certainly be watching the next few episodes to see how they handle.

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
While it seems Elmer might not show up,

Actually, Elmer is supposed to turn up on this show, he just wasn't in today's crop of episodes.

-I thought it was pretty good. The character designs are going to take some getting used to, but I'm digging the return to the shorter stories, slapstick style humor and Bugs being a prank pulling wiseguy again. Wabbit is closer to what I was expecting from The Looney Tunes Show when it was fist announced.

wiley207

So, here's what I believe the principal voice cast for this show will be...

JEFF BERGMAN - Bugs Bunny/Foghorn Leghorn
DEE BRADLEY BAKER - Squeaks
JP KARLIAK - Wile E. Coyote
MAURICE LAMARCHE - Yosemite Sam

The other voice actors actors include some of the usual Warner Bros./Butch Hartman group, like Carlos Alazraqui, Eric Bauza, Grey Griffin, Daran Norris and Kevin Michael Richardson.

The music is done by Joshua Funk, and so far seems to be your generic modern "comedy" cartoon score.
The overseas animation services are done by [SPOILER ALERT!] Rough Draft Korea and Yearim Productions. So I guess that means we're getting the same inferior animation quality as "The Looney Tunes Show" had. If only they stuck with more classic-looking designs and had Lotto Animation doing the Korean animation services, then it'd look as good as this:

In fact, I'm betting even with its ugly character designs, "Be Cool, Scooby-Doo" will be better-animated than this show, like "Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated" was much better-animated than "The Looney Tunes Show!"

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Wabbit is great show :D,I still mix on Yosemite Sam new design
Now And Zen was my favorite

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
The music is done by Joshua Funk, and so far seems to be your generic modern "comedy" cartoon score.
The overseas animation services are done by [SPOILER ALERT!] Rough Draft Korea and Yearim Productions. So I guess that means we're getting the same inferior animation quality as "The Looney Tunes Show" had.

The Wabbit designs are admittedly different, but I don't think they were bad. Yeah, WB could have gone with a more conventional drawing style here, but I don't think that the show suffered because they opted for a different look, and honestly, The Looney Tunes Show's weak point was the slow pacing and drawn out plots, not the art nor the animation.

We're finally getting a Looney Tunes production that's actually loony, but instead of fans being happy about that, people are choosing instead to complain about how the characters look just because the designs aren't what they're used to. WB can't catch a break.

StorytellerMJ5

So everything here is better than TLTS... Got it.

It's hard to compare that show, that had a lot of episodes to four shorts of this show. I don't think The Looney Tunes Show deserves all the hate it gets. It was a solid, mostly interesting cartoon, IMO.

As for these shorts, they were pretty fun and I laughed a pretty good amount mostly during the last two.

Dudley

Staff member
Barely laughed out loud. I will try to watch a few more episodes, but it's definitely not a show I'm gonna seek out.
I was hoping they'd be as funny as the new Mickey Mouse shorts, and unfortunately that's not the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thomas2313412

You know looking at these shorts they are not bad unlike the "sitcom type attempted" The looney tunes show the wabbit cartoons shorts remains faithful to the screwball looney tunes predecessors even though the designs to classic ones are disliked by some (since the previous designs look "outdated") at least its about to be great.But with low promotional material i feel as if its going to run for 2 or 3 years before being cancelled believe me it happens to most good show who have less publicity.

Still the wabbit show looks great.

From first impressions, it feels more like a Warner Bros's version of the 2015 Mickey Mouse shorts, but with Bugs instead. I like the inclusion of Sight Gags (my personal favorite trope in animation) and word play.

You said it :rolleyes:

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I thought these were pretty good.

- I guess "Buddha Bugs" was the best one. Sam's attempts at gaining the greatest treasure of all were fun. The ending was predictable, though.
- "Now and Zen" was pretty neat. I like Squeaks the Squirrel and those mini-ninjas were decent adversaries.
- "The Inside Bugs" was decent. Sam trying to remember the code to get inside his hideout was probably the best part.
- "Sun Valley Freeze" wasn't too bad. I think it would have been funnier if they used Hugo the Abominable Snowman instead, and replace the "lady" gag with the classic "George" quote.

All in all, pretty good stuff with some amusing moments. I'll keep watching.

DVDLooney

As a Bugs Bunny fan, Wabbit is a decent show so far. Just as it was mentioned above, Sam's design is going to take some getting used to. Wabbit is something I'm definitely looking forward to getting future DVD releases(if there are going be some) for.

Lemanic

Are Sylvester and Pepe going to appear in this?

BTW, great little vignettes. All of them had something good in them. It's like the old stuff. On Molly. So great!

wiley207

Wabbit is something I'm definitely looking forward to getting future DVD releases(if there are going be some) for.

They might release only part of the first season on DVD, like they did with "The Looney Tunes Show." Warner home video cares more about getting all the Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry material out on DVD or Blu-Ray than they do with Looney Tunes...

Jazz1000

Evil PLANS...
Leaf It Alone was easily my fav episode, i thought it was silly when squeaks was the leaf :D

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.
Eurbane wrote on Ghostbuster's profile.
Nickelodeon hasen’t done much with premieres recently.
When you first learn that teenage characters are voiced by people over 30.
Kevin-Hart.jpg
Am I the only person here that is obsessed with concert setlists? For some reason, I just really enjoy keeping track of what bands and artists play live on a regular basis. My obsession did earn me a mod position on setlist.fm a long time ago, which I will always be proud of.

Featured Posts