Talkback - New Looney Tunes - Episodes Discussion

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I still think they should retire the Granny character. I'll always associate June Foray's voice with the character. It would be a fitting tribute to her to retire the character.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I still think they should retire the Granny character. I'll always associate June Foray's voice with the character. It would be a fitting tribute to her to retire the character.
Disagree. That's like saying they should have retired Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck when Mel Blanc died. The selling point of cartoon characters is that they can last forever.

Plus, I doubt that's what Foray would have wanted. She was near 100 years old. She knew perfectly well someone else was going to take on the character soon. Heck, she might have personally trained Milo for all we know.

wiley207

Disagree. That's like saying they should have retired Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck when Mel Blanc died. The selling point of cartoon characters is that they can last forever.

Plus, I doubt that's what Foray would have wanted. She was near 100 years old. She knew perfectly well someone else was going to take on the character soon. Heck, she might have personally trained Milo for all we know.

Don't forget that Granny was originally voiced by Bea Benaderet in her original appearances up to the mid-50s, when June Foray took over.
I also heard somewhere that for Netflix's impending "Rocky and Bullwinkle" reboot, Tara Strong will voice Rocky. Now we just need Grey DeLisle-Griffin to take over one of June's former characters, given how WB uses Grey as much as they used June in the past.

ToonJay723

Staff member
No it hasn't yet. Still only up to "Moose Housin' Syndrome/Just One of Those Days"
All of season one is up, and the first 8 episodes of season two are up. They were posted yesterday.

Orange Mo

orangemo
Well, I still see the rest of season 1 and the first 8 episodes of season 2 on Boomerang’s Streaming Service.

I downloaded the app and it stopped at the playlist with those episodes. I didn't subscribe to the SVOD yet. Not gonna pay for that.

All of season one is up, and the first 8 episodes of season two are up. They were posted yesterday.

Are episodes 27-39 still there?

Toonatic

Sad it's ending after season 3. This show had so much promise from day 1. If only Warner/CN treated with more respect like Disney does for the Mickey shorts.

Incidentally, they were playing 2 episodes tonight on Boomerang (both of which have never aired in the States before!).

Orange Mo

orangemo
Sad it's ending after season 3. This show had so much promise from day 1. If only Warner/CN treated with more respect like Disney does for the Mickey shorts.

Incidentally, they were playing 2 episodes tonight on Boomerang (both of which have never aired in the States before!).

They aired episode 5 of Season 2 today, which started the premiere of Season 2 in the USA.

It won’t be in shorts

What do you mean not in shorts? Season 3 is scheduled to have 26 half-hour episodes and most of them will be split into multiple shorts.

Bob Bergen

They aired episode 5 of Season 2 today, which started the premiere of Season 2 in the USA.

What do you mean not in shorts? Season 3 is scheduled to have 26 half-hour episodes and most of them will be split into multiple shorts.
We didn't do any half hour episodes. All shorts.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts