TALKBACK - Mighty Magiswords - Episodes 70-88 - [8/24 (Online) 5/6-5/17 (TV)] *SERIES FINALE*

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

Episodes 70-88
!

Online August 24!

Warts and All
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) MONDAY 5/6 at 11:30 am

This week...
Witchy Simone accidentally turns Vambre into a frog and Prohyas and Witchy try to change her back.
----
Too Commercial
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) MONDAY 5/6 at 11:45 am

This week...
The Warriors go advertising crazy; Grup tries to stop them for their own good!
----
Like Water for Bimm
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) TUESDAY 5/7 at 11:30 am

This week...
Vambre helps to get Bimm over her mission crippling fear of water.
----
The Pecking Order
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) TUESDAY 5/7 at 11:45 am

This week...
Professor Cyrus hires the Warriors to take Frank-Paul through a treacherous mountain pass so he can molt at the top of Mt. Chickicken.
----
Manlier Fish the Fishlier Man
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) WEDNESDAY 5/8 at 11:30 am

This week...
With the help of a conch shell genie, Man Fish upgrades himself in various ways to defeat the Warriors.
----
The Lanolion Sleeps Tonight
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) WEDNESDAY 5/8 at 11:45 am

This week...
Bimm and Familiar shadow the Warriors on a mission in the Sheepy Jungle, but put under such close scrutiny, the Warriors find that they're unable to be themselves!
----
The Ballad of Sailor Sidney
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) THURSDAY 5/9 at 11:30 am

This week...
A Warrior mission to find missing Sailor Sidney for the Keelhaul Cove Pirates.
----
Extreme Dreams
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) THURSDAY 5/9 at 11:45 am

This week...
Phibby Croax hires the Warriors for the MOST EXTREME EXPERIENCE EVER!
----
Forever a Fishstick
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) FRIDAY 5/10 at 11:30 am

This week...
After a misfire with Fishstick Magisword, Prohyas copes with completing Warrior missions as a fish stick!
----
Sorry for Party Oching
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) FRIDAY 5/10 at 11:45 am

This week...
The Warriors struggle to keep poise at Princess Zange's exclusive party, but all bets are off when a feud with Witch Way escalates into a Magic vs. Magiswords war!
----
A Mind Is a Terrible Thing
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24

(TV) MONDAY 5/13 at 11:30 am

This week...
The Warriors easily thwart Phil's latest plan with Legendary Knowledge Magisword so Phil repeatedly tries to steal it from them.
----
Bewitched, Bothered, and Bothered Some More!
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) MONDAY 5/13 at 11:45 am

This week...
Flonk hires the Warriors to make Witch Way change his brother Helmut from a frog back to human.
----
Train on a Snake
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) TUESDAY 5/14 at 11:30 am

This week...
Lady Hiss hires the Warriors to train her to be super tough.
----
King of the Zombeez
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) TUESDAY 5/14 at 11:45 am

This week...
Frostferatu hires the Warriors to rid his castle of Zombeez when Neddy and a power mad zombie-bee queen take over.
----
Hiccup the Volume
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) WEDNESDAY 5/15 at 11:30 am

This week...
Monkey Chunks has hiccups and Biblia Tick hires the Warriors to get rid of them.
----
Ghosthaste
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) WEDNESDAY 5/15 at 11:45 am

This week...
Vambre becomes enamored of a poltergeist within Ghost Magisword and Prohyas must save her before his sister becomes a ghost herself!
----
Hangry Hangry Hoppus
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) THURSDAY 5/16 at 11:30 A.M.

This week...
The Warriors battle a monster version of Hoppus, the rabbit transformed by the Cursed Garlic Magisword.
----
Pachydermus Packard and the Camp of Fantasy
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) THURSDAY 5/16 at 11:45 A.M.

This week...
A doctor orders Mr. Pachydermus to have an adventure, so he attends the Warriors' super-annoying, "Fantasy Camp"!
----
Let's Team Up Because We Aren't Bad Friends
Premieres
(Online) FRIDAY 8/24
(TV) FRIDAY 5/17 at 11:30 A.M.

This week...
The Warriors fear that they've been ignoring their pals, so they team up with Witchy Simone and Noville for a BIG MISSION, only to discover that their friends aren't into it anymore.​

Last edited:

GlassCake

Hey guys. I finally binge watched the episodes and I was slightly filled with questions need solving and comfort of the ending. Get ready for guest voices and Magiswords Easter eggs (e.g. Black Hat Magisword from Villainous).

BTW, I spoke to the writers that currently no season 3 is ordered. But why do people suspect that the second season is the shows last. Any proof?

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
BTW, I spoke to the writers that currently no season 3 is ordered. But why do people suspect that the second season is the shows last. Any proof?
If this is what you’re referring to, he said yes when you asked if CN pulled the plug. If there was going to be a season 3, they wouldn’t have done that.

GlassCake

If this is what you’re referring to, he said yes when you asked if CN pulled the plug. If there was going to be a season 3, they wouldn’t have done that.
Hey. That's my conversation with Rich. How'd you get it?

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Hey. That's my conversation with Rich. How'd you get it?
You posted it in the general Mighty Magiswords thread in May.
I spoke to both Dustin Jackson, who does freelance on the show; and Richard Pursel, who writes for the show, it's official; Magiswords is ending. Literally; it's almost ending. And offices are being cleaned up. CN didn't really push the show over the edge when it didn't blow up the moment it premiered. He also gave me some insight on the show's second season yet to air like the final episode would have character development and one of the ideas for the proposed third season was to have a setting that contrasts the show's setting in Lvsheria called Overtheria.

Also, he stated that about 81-84 episodes were produced for the show in total, and since about 20 episodes have aired after s1's first 52 episodes, I can expect that we have about 10, 20 or 30 episodes left.

See for yourself here:

ShadowBeast

Wow. The entire rest of the season/series put up online and on OnDemand(couple episodes missing on OnDemand) just like that. I didn't think the show did that bad. Has any other show received such treatment? I'm not surprised that the show isn't continuing with a third season though. The show had great potential with what I saw with the shorts and first season, but it felt like it lacked direction even for a show that focuses on comedy. The Warriors' single-mindedness for Magiswords was especially annoying. I realized this when the Warriors had to get jobs and they couldn't function without their swords. And yet Witchy Simone was made to look like the bad guy for simply doing her job? I think the Warriors became dumber as the series progressed too. And they weren't very intelligent to begin with. The was Hoppus's backstory that had potential, and we were given hints about it when his sister showed up. But that potential seems to have been wasted.

But the fact that CN is quickly being rid of this show like this, and not the new PPG, pretty much tells that they new PPG is doing better than what a lot of people think it is doing.

Warts and All: Vambre was cute as a frog. Though, not as cute Ryoko and Aleka Water Sprites. I think we now know what Simone's problem is. She needs to stop substituting ingredients.

ShadowBeast

TBF, they're always doing stuff like this to their other shows, too...
You mean they as in CN? I haven't seen them do this before. If it was a small amount of episodes that were left of the series, then yeah, I can see them putting the rest up. But this is half of the entire season that was put up. CN is clearly putting them up to get the series, done and over with.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
You mean they as in CN? I haven't seen them do this before. If it was a small amount of episodes that were left of the series, then yeah, I can see them putting the rest up. But this is half of the entire season that was put up. CN is clearly putting them up to get the series, done and over with.
Oh...I thought you meant releasing most episodes from the season...I forgot this is the second half of Season 2...sorry... :(

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
So, here we are at the end of this rough-around-the-edges series... Let's critique/praise/diss on some stuff:

Warts and All (Low Tier) - Our first act of return for this series soon-to-end... And it's a real drag to sit through. At the very least, we know why Witchy Simone is so bad at what she does most of the time: abusing substitutes are NOT the answer to everything - taking the cheap way out is almost as wasteful as being hasty on things, after all.
Not helping, Prohyas comes off dumber than usual, alongside Witchy Simone, making it all the more a chore to sit through. It's time like this where Vambre should've punched some faces in at the end - out of disciplinary love.

Too Commercial (Mid Tier) - Yet another case of making the Warriors' too dumb to make things work, ala What's My Name? (Starring Vambre & Prohyas Warrior) [S02E07, I believe - another middle-of-the-road effort that has the Warriors acting a little too dumb for my liking, as well, IMHO.].

Bottom line: When Grup and his m8s are the ones saving the day from accidents you caused, you know you're dealing with a scenario where the MCs are made too stupid just to make things work. In reality, it's just bad writing. I did get some laughs out of this, but that's the only reason I don't rank this as Garbage Tier, honestly.
At least Bimm & Familiar got some screen-time. Took them long enough; both characters are so under-utilized, honestly.

Like Water for Bimm (Mid High Tier) - This would be the first truly great episode in this batch, had Vambre come off so OOC (at best) / punchable (at worst) for over half the episode. Plus, if I didn't bring it up earlier, this is where I feel this show's animation / art-style budget really took a hit. Almost everything looks and feels so cheap, now - something I definitely noticed in this episode's climax with the water demon fight, for example.

The Pecking Order (Mid High Tier) - Nothing too bad, but nothing truly special here, either. Just your typical episode about someone having to take care of something that doesn't like them all that much, until they realize that working together gets stuff done. Too bad this could have been above average (Mid High Tier, in my book.) had that bird just sat on Prohyas' head, instead, but whatever - sometimes, taking the easy way out DOES work, writers. It's better than looking incompetent (at best) / stupid (at worst), honestly. Seeing Vambre suffer for more than 5 minutes like this only serves as payback for Like Water for Bimm making her come off so OOC (at best) / punchable (at worst) in that particular episode, but that's not what I'm looking for here. At least Prohyas comes off as the responsible one for once - which does help this effort a lot more than it has any right to, if you ask me.

Manlier-Fish the Fishlier Man (High Tier) - It's always FUN to see a jerk like Man-Fish get himself beat up for being just that - plus, I admire his efforts for trying, if not much else beyond that. I don't need any other reason to enjoy this effort. Although his next effort where he's involved (Forever A Fish-stick!), is a much better episode (albeit even if not perfect.), IMHO.

The Lanolion Sleeps Tonight (Mid High Tier) - I can rank this high enough, simply because being judged on every little thing can be quite annoying and off-putting to deal with for anyone. Just not high enough to say I love it, however. Simply because it's obvious Vambre & Prohyas should have told Bimm & Familiar to stop that note-taking crap & just starting helping out proper in two places: 1) As ground rules at the START of the episode, 2) At the very FIRST sign of feeling uncomfortable. Once again, we're avoiding taking the smart way out for what simply amounts to bad writing, and I treat that as FACT. Simply because seeing Vambre & Prohyas cry like that was more dumb than funny for me to get Bimm & Familiar to stop acting like they're in school for one fire-trucking moment!
Still not as bad as what we started out with, however - we are slowly starting to see this show get competent at being entertaining again... Albeit not by much.

The Ballad of Sailor Sidney (Mid Tier) - That song at the end between Prohyas and Sidney was nice. That's it for positives from me, really... I would've let Sidney eat that fish if it meant not ending up a bum on the streets. Either that, or get some proper surgery; whatever Sidney was suffering from in this episode to make him a core focus? Easily fixed with some careful surgery (but this is me taking the smart (albeit expensive) way out, unfortunately.). What I'm saying is - this was rather pointless and a bit of a time-sink, compared to what I'm used to with this show. Still, that song at the climax between Prohyas and Sidney is what saves it for me.

Extreme Dreams (High Tier) - THIS would have been God Tier in my eyes if it wasn't for that last line from Phibby at the end. So predictable... Other than that, everything else works better than it should have any right to here. Just some nicely executed crazy slapstick comedy to relieve boredom, am I right? I can't put too much further into words the actual fun I had with this and I'm angry it took this show this long to give me something this good/competent in execution.

Forever a Fish-stick (High Tier) - I swear, if Man-Fish wasn't such a racist trash-heap, he and Prohyas could be the best of friends. That was some actually good character development for that jerk, what with helping Prohyas get over himself and stop all that stupid crying to help kick some pirate butt at the end. Simple as that! That ending alone was the icing on this delicious-as-all-get-out cake of an episode, too. Not a perfect effort, but a nice, positive sendoff for such an otherwise jerky character like Man-Fish, IMHO.

Sorry for Party Oching (Mid High Tier) - Princess Zange invites her true closest friends (Vambre & Prohyas) to crash a boring, stuffy rich-people party. Pretty predictable. Also, kinda slow to get to the point, even if not too badly done, once we finally reach that point in the last 3-4 minutes. At least this the Zange I know and respect as a character.

If I can have another minute to state my feelings on Zange and how she's being handled in this very last batch of episodes, however: seriously, the way she (Zange) was written in Too Commercial didn't really work for me and just seems like something to do with a character like hers in any other show you see how a character like Zange is portrayed (another reason I don't rank Too Commercial very high, either - and excuse me for neglecting to mention that as another reason I didn't like that episode as much as I wanted to, as well...).

A Mind Is a Terrible Thing (High Tier) - So, what is it with giving some of these rogues gallery characters positive closure (only because it's clear the series is at an end after these 20 episodes...)? Being serious for a moment, however - I don't see why Vambre and Prohyas use that Knowledge Magisword more often (besides the 3-time-a-day limit that's placed on anything like it, similar to the Hyperspace one... A dumb rule, IMHO, but at least that means these things when used won't be super-broken in their usage, honestly.).

Now, I'm not surprised Phil wanted revenge like that; I'd feel the same way if I was getting messed with like that so easily and so unfairly, as well - I can somewhat relate to his pain throughout this, getting thwarted by people who didn't use natural skills/talent to prevail over magic that will NOT get a true defined source for itself (a hugely missed opportunity for this show, since it's ending after this very last batch of episodes, BTW.)? That really sucks. The way this episode concludes itself was at least comforting enough and really put a smile on my face that I feel was missing from some of these episodes, however.

Bewitched, Bothered, and Bothered Some More! (God Tier) - Out of all 20 of these episodes, this one is the absolute best. On the surface, a typical spat between our MCs and their arch-enemies (Witch Way), made TRULY AWESOME by effective use of Parodying Tom & Jerry with actual class and an adult-like approach to such just about timeless old-school comedy.

You see, GOAT! (S02E11) tried to do just THIS (parodying old-school slapstick comedy) in the style of a Road-Runner / Coyote cartoon - with the Coyote being Prohyas and the Road-Runner being the Goat he was trying to ride - but Prohyas, as usual, is made too stupid to make it work there, so it smacks of failure to achieve anything of note, in terms of actual comedy worth anything.

HERE, however? He and Vambre are written to be smart as they usually are and need to be to make the pay in such a dangerous career field, and it works out all the better for it, too.
For me, personally, this episode was so good and such a brilliant reminder of why I actually defend this show to begin with that I didn't even mind that the Warriors didn't fully complete the mission they were tasked with since Helmet looked happier as a frog, anyway, from my standpoint, not just how the episode ends on a high note to show us this, also.

Train on a Snake (High Tier) - While nothing else here beats my vote for BEST EPISODE, this wasn't a bad effort, either. Plus, there's just something legit hilarious about seeing a Lv. 1 monster getting smacked around while trying to get stronger, thanks to how endearing it actually is handled here - and with my absolute favorite of Grup's M8s (which Lady Hiss is.), no less. Seriously, while I do feel bad for her not being all that strong, there's something truly endearing about seeing Lady Hiss wanting to be something better than she is. I respect that.

King of the Zombeez (High Tier) - I feel making bees into zombies (i.e.: zombees) is quite an oxymoron, IMHO - at least until you realize they practically are, once you educate yourself on how bees act IRL. That out of the way, it's about time the Warriors' got an actual villain to fight again. Too bad like Terra-byte, she's a one-and-done thing, which keeps this from being perfect. Same case as the episode Terra-byte was a thing to be weary of in, too. Such a good effort - but so much wasted potential for something that could have been bigger than it turns out - again, like Terra-byte. *SIGH*
Also, it's hard to ignore how remarkably cheap the bees swarm looks in this particular episode - chalk it up as the crew running out of their animation/art-style budget, which is really sad to see in an otherwise much above average episode for me.

Hiccup the Volume (Mid Tier) - This episode feels more confused than anything. Seriously, that librarian doesn't need that hairy oaf if she can handle herself in a fight just fine with her robotic enhancements. I admit, we did get a decent fight scene out of this, but other than that, even the Warriors can see how near meaningless it was to put any stock into this scenario; to be fair, though, you don't need a reason to always help people, so at least their intentions were more than gotten straight here.

Ghosthaste (High Tier) - I feel we have another interesting development here that was never capitalized on: Kablammica's warrior days and how she was a hero to the kingdom our MCs have been passed the torch onto protecting now. As for the episode itself, compared to the last couple of times we saw a Magisword that's too dangerous for anyone to use, this is probably the 2nd best of these episodes this show will ever have in addressing a scenario like this - simply because, AGAIN, it's always nice to see Prohyas be the actual voice of reason - that, and Zombie Pumpkin Magisword, too. However, the episode where our MCs tamed that plant and the jester Magiswords, Taming of the Swords (S01E49, I believe) is still a little more memorable & much more hilarious, in comparison to this effort (save for the crap ending that episode had, of course.).

Hangry Hangry Hoppus (Low Tier) - I so definitely didn't care too much for this, especially since instead of actually making an effort to resolve whatever should have been done with Hoppus & Danelda by now (knowing that these are - AGAIN, the very last episodes of MMswords!) just ends with some rather lame Hulk parody. Plus, Hoppus in jail. Look, I never cared to much for him as a character, but Hoppus (and by extension, Danelda) have become wasted potential of the highest order after this waste of my time. If it's not that this episode was a weak way for these characters to go out, it's the fact that these writers didn't care enough to do something about it. And they more than had the opportunity to do so, instead of this time-sink. I'm afraid I must stand by THIS as FACT.

Pachydermus Packard and the Camp of Fantasy (Mid Tier) - Eh... I can take or leave Pachydermus. I would have loved if that deer our MCs left stranded in a hole very early on in the series had thrashed him JUST A LITTLE to make this effort a little more interesting and engaged in itself, thank you very much. His giraffe wife is nice, though. I wish this wasn't the ONLY time we'll ever see her, however!

Let's Team Up Because We Aren't Bad Friends (Low Tier) - Yeah... This was not a good note to leave off on, if you ask me...
1) Witchy Simone is OK working at a fast food joint for what could be the rest of her life? Come on now! That's not a good reason to give up being a witch, especially since the real solution would be for her to just stop taking shortcuts and practice her craft a few hours a day. You know, basic exercise and repetition.
2) Noville has a GF - and this comes outta nowhere, as well. UGH. To be fair, it's better he found someone who likes him for who he is, instead of hitting on Vambre. That was getting rather old, IMHO.
3) I can take or leave Rad (OK K.O.) showing up here; Rad needs to get his butt back to work in what is truly a better show than this one has turned out - and that's FACT.
4) I found myself wanting to punch Vambre & Prohyas after all of this trash they were trying to pull, especially since their friends do have lives.
5) This just doesn't feel like a final episode of anything. There's nothing epic or at stake here. Nothing at all. Just a real time- sink.

Yeah... overall, despite some good episodes here, this show went out with a real whimper. I'll be surprised if it isn't one among many current cartoons that will be forgotten once enough time passes. *SIGH* - They really should have come up with a better endgame for this show than what's in front of us here... Also, they really should have not blown their animation/art-style budget so easily, either. What's here in the end? Truly not the best way to go out into the sunset, IMHO.

What was otherwise a Mid High Tier show, IMHO, ends rather badly, is what I'm saying. And that's what hurts, most of all - not as much as getting stabbed with one of these Magiswords, admittedly.

GAME OVER

ShadowBeast

Let's Team Up because We Aren't Bad Friends: This ended the series very, very weakly. We did not need to have so much time dedicated to having Simone and Norville looking at their phones, bored. The only positive thing (small positive) was the unexpected guest appearance of that character from OK KO. I don't even watch that show, and yet he brought the only form of entertainment to this finale. It would've been a better idea to have the Warriors drag them to different missions. At least we would've gotten a diversity of scenery along with possible cameos of other characters. Both the Warriors, Simone, and Norville felt like they were in the wrong since it felt like the issue could've been easily solved if they had talked it out instead of dragging the plot. Witchy Simone giving up on her witch-training came out of nowhere too. This was just bad writing.
I think the series would've been better off as a one-season-wonder since the quality tanked in season 2 and Quest for Knowledge would've been a much better series finale.

Oh, by the way, the magiswords that the Warriors have in the locked-up vault, is one of those suppose to be Pearl from Steven Universe?

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Let's Team Up because We Aren't Bad Friends: This ended the series very, very weakly. We did not need to have so much time dedicated to having Simone and Norville looking at their phones, bored. The only positive thing (small positive) was the unexpected guest appearance of that character from OK KO. I don't even watch that show, and yet he brought the only form of entertainment to this finale. It would've been a better idea to have the Warriors drag them to different missions. At least we would've gotten a diversity of scenery along with possible cameos of other characters. Both the Warriors, Simone, and Norville felt like they were in the wrong since it felt like the issue could've been easily solved if they had talked it out instead of dragging the plot. Witchy Simone giving up on her witch-training came out of nowhere too. This was just bad writing.
I think the series would've been better off as a one-season-wonder since the quality tanked in season 2 and Quest for Knowledge would've been a much better series finale.

Oh, by the way, the magiswords that the Warriors have in the locked-up vault, is one of those suppose to be Pearl from Steven Universe?

THANK YOU. Thank you for understanding why THIS will be just another one of many current cartoons that will be forgotten, once enough time passes. And as someone who liked this show but is aware of how it tanked in quality... IT'S PAINFUL TO BEHOLD/WITNESS!

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Well this is it my beautiful friends after 2 years we say goodbye to the Warriors for Hire aka one of my favorite CN Shows and the first Digital series to pick up a full series Mighty Magiswords since the final episodes didn't air them on TV yet I'm expecting that they're going to air the final episodes this year or 2019. When I watched the 3-minute shorts It was amazing and then it became a series and I loved it when it's season 1 I wanted to slow down the pace a little; when season 2 premiered I'm kind of glad they slowed down the pace the only bad thing they premiered season 2 way too early seriously at 6:15 AM. Anyway if they air the last new episodes please CN don't air them too early. But until then stay gold Warriors!

Mighty Magiswords Logo 2.png

Cartoon Network 2010 Logo 2.png
May 6th, 2015 - 2018 or 2019.

Attachments

• Mighty Magiswords Logo 1.png
    Mighty Magiswords Logo 1.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 272

GlassCake

Hey guys. Considering that some people gave their reviews of the episodes, I might as well give mine:

Warts and All - Kind annoying and a bit time consuming. They must made Witchy Simone and Prohyas look too childish when we all know that they ca be independant. But I did like frog Vambre. She was cute.

Too Commercial- Kinda annoying as well. And Princess Zange was really out of character being mean to the Warriors, but who wouldn't if her clothes were ruined. They did the same thing with "What's My Name"?

Like Water for Bimm - I'll give it props for showing more development for Catty Rumpus, especially Bimm. I also found her adorable as a water creature at one point. This episode came out pretty good.

The Pecking Order - If it wasn't for Rob Paulsen being in this ep, I'd probably wouldn't care for it. It was pretty nice giving a usual incidential more screen time.

Manlier-Fish the Fishlier Man - I've been waiting for this episode and I wasn't disappointed. I really liked how they showd Man Fish's efforts into facing off the Warriors. Also, it did make a good use for a holiday episode, even if it needed work. Also, Billy West was amazing and I LOVED the whole Hanna Barbera schtick to it. Great Mad Jack or MooBeard reunion for all the actors.

The Lanolion Sleeps Tonight - It was an okay episode; just the Warriors pestering and meddling with other adventurers. Nothing special. But I do wish that Familiar would shine on his own too one day.

The Ballad of Sailor Sidney - I was disappointed that Sidney's voice never got better but the ending song made up for it. And it's also great to know that even heartless criminals can care about a living being so much. I really like it when the show goes to that direction.

Extreme Dreams - Really enjoyed the slapstick for this one.

Forever a Fish-stick - It was a great send off for Manfish and it really showed that if Prohyas and him met under different circumstances, they could've became friends. I wish Manfish's character would've been more exploited. It would've made a great arc.

Sorry for Party Oching - Another disappointment, thinking that the King and Queen of Rhyboflavin would show. Also, Reginald was being very annnoying. I can understand his frustrations but if he was this uptight about their behavior, he should've used ways of persuading Zange from inviting them. But I do love Officer Fordor's antics here. Also, it did disbunk my theory because I always thought that Reginald's species would always be played by Kyle Carrozza but Arin and Eric got to have a role too.

A Mind Is a Terrible Thing - I can relate to Phil being in this situation that he was in. It also blew my mind that some of the lines from the episode were ad-libbed so it does give a realistic approach. Just like Manfish, I wished that Phil was given more development and answers to why he became a thief in the first place.

Bewitched, Bothered, and Bothered Some More! - Another great Tom & Jerry tribute that I actually enjoy. The Warriors looked adorable as mouses, and let's not forget the Game Grumps reference. And Vambre did look adorable disguised as a cat. Plus, we get one last visit to Paul Schrier playing Flonk. And we learn more about some annoying characters. Not only that but it ended on a high note, which should always be shown.

Train on a Snake - This episode reminds me so much of the Bubbles Hardcore episode of Powerpuff Girls, but without the consistant violence. It was great seeing Lady Hiss trying to rise up the ranks from her cute status. I was always disappointed that she didn't get to face Hoppus.

King of the Zombeez - Finally, a new villain that the Warriors faced. Despite the Warriors say, I didn't really see Queen Bumble as much of a threat unless you call using zombee slaves as a threat. But it did leave a sour taste in my mouth as to how Neddy became hypnotized and they just left him hanging with no answer if he was freed from the curse after her wand broke. I was also surprised that Bumble was not voiced by Deedee Magno-Hall but by Haley Mancini, they kinda sounded similar. Also, the Warriors' mocking Frostferatu was a bit funny.

Hiccup the Volume - This episode was kinda pointless and meaningless, plus I think it was just a great big mockery on how stereotypical librarians want quiet in their place. Yet, she takes it out on her goliath because he has an uncontrollable gasteral intake. It asks me, why does he still be by her side?

Ghosthaste - This is the second time we see the Magiswords Safe, showing dangerous Magiswords not handy to use. I thought that the use of seeing Ghosts would make a great interesting story, and I would love to have Kablammica gain more development. Also, the Kamen Rider design on Kricket Knight was top notch, accompanied by his voice, Richard Horvitz. I don't recall if this episode also had Rikki 'GIR' Simons, since he does numerous voices in the show. But other than that, it was good. Also, it was great seeing Penny Plasm again, despite rumors saying that she wasn't going to appear.

Hangry Hangry Hoppus - Another waste of potential. i really wanted to see Hoppus' backstory get exploited. But obviously that won't happen. But I do have a feeling that the Bugs Bunny short with Marvin the Martian was an influence on this epp.

GlassCake

Hey guys. Considering that some people gave their reviews of the episodes, I might as well give mine:

Warts and All - Kind annoying and a bit time consuming. They must made Witchy Simone and Prohyas look too childish when we all know that they ca be independant. But I did like frog Vambre. She was cute.

Too Commercial- Kinda annoying as well. And Princess Zange was really out of character being mean to the Warriors, but who wouldn't if her clothes were ruined. They did the same thing with "What's My Name"?

Like Water for Bimm - I'll give it props for showing more development for Catty Rumpus, especially Bimm. I also found her adorable as a water creature at one point. This episode came out pretty good.

The Pecking Order - If it wasn't for Rob Paulsen being in this ep, I'd probably wouldn't care for it. It was pretty nice giving a usual incidential more screen time.

Manlier-Fish the Fishlier Man - I've been waiting for this episode and I wasn't disappointed. I really liked how they showd Man Fish's efforts into facing off the Warriors. Also, it did make a good use for a holiday episode, even if it needed work. Also, Billy West was amazing and I LOVED the whole Hanna Barbera schtick to it. Great Mad Jack or MooBeard reunion for all the actors.

The Lanolion Sleeps Tonight - It was an okay episode; just the Warriors pestering and meddling with other adventurers. Nothing special. But I do wish that Familiar would shine on his own too one day.

The Ballad of Sailor Sidney - I was disappointed that Sidney's voice never got better but the ending song made up for it. And it's also great to know that even heartless criminals can care about a living being so much. I really like it when the show goes to that direction.

Extreme Dreams - Really enjoyed the slapstick for this one.

Forever a Fish-stick - It was a great send off for Manfish and it really showed that if Prohyas and him met under different circumstances, they could've became friends. I wish Manfish's character would've been more exploited. It would've made a great arc.

Sorry for Party Oching - Another disappointment, thinking that the King and Queen of Rhyboflavin would show. Also, Reginald was being very annnoying. I can understand his frustrations but if he was this uptight about their behavior, he should've used ways of persuading Zange from inviting them. But I do love Officer Fordor's antics here. Also, it did disbunk my theory because I always thought that Reginald's species would always be played by Kyle Carrozza but Arin and Eric got to have a role too.

A Mind Is a Terrible Thing - I can relate to Phil being in this situation that he was in. It also blew my mind that some of the lines from the episode were ad-libbed so it does give a realistic approach. Just like Manfish, I wished that Phil was given more development and answers to why he became a thief in the first place.

Bewitched, Bothered, and Bothered Some More! - Another great Tom & Jerry tribute that I actually enjoy. The Warriors looked adorable as mouses, and let's not forget the Game Grumps reference. And Vambre did look adorable disguised as a cat. Plus, we get one last visit to Paul Schrier playing Flonk. And we learn more about some annoying characters. Not only that but it ended on a high note, which should always be shown.

Train on a Snake - This episode reminds me so much of the Bubbles Hardcore episode of Powerpuff Girls, but without the consistant violence. It was great seeing Lady Hiss trying to rise up the ranks from her cute status. I was always disappointed that she didn't get to face Hoppus.

King of the Zombeez - Finally, a new villain that the Warriors faced. Despite the Warriors say, I didn't really see Queen Bumble as much of a threat unless you call using zombee slaves as a threat. But it did leave a sour taste in my mouth as to how Neddy became hypnotized and they just left him hanging with no answer if he was freed from the curse after her wand broke. I was also surprised that Bumble was not voiced by Deedee Magno-Hall but by Haley Mancini, they kinda sounded similar. Also, the Warriors' mocking Frostferatu was a bit funny.

Hiccup the Volume - This episode was kinda pointless and meaningless, plus I think it was just a great big mockery on how stereotypical librarians want quiet in their place. Yet, she takes it out on her goliath because he has an uncontrollable gasteral intake. It asks me, why does he still be by her side?

Ghosthaste - This is the second time we see the Magiswords Safe, showing dangerous Magiswords not handy to use. I thought that the use of seeing Ghosts would make a great interesting story, and I would love to have Kablammica gain more development. Also, the Kamen Rider design on Kricket Knight was top notch, accompanied by his voice, Richard Horvitz. I don't recall if this episode also had Rikki 'GIR' Simons, since he does numerous voices in the show. But other than that, it was good. Also, it was great seeing Penny Plasm again, despite rumors saying that she wasn't going to appear.

Hangry Hangry Hoppus - Another waste of potential. i really wanted to see Hoppus' backstory get exploited. But obviously that won't happen. But I do have a feeling that the Bugs Bunny short with Marvin the Martian was an influence on this epp.

Oops forgot the last two:

Pachydermus Packard and the Camp of Fantasy I read on FB at Ken Mitchroney (producer; voice of Pachydermus) had to study a lot of Laurel and Hardy movies to get the tone to work for the episodes his characters in. And it somehow worked. And I was surprised that the deer from the Flirty Phantom episode returns, which coincidentally appeared with the first appearance of Pachydermus himself. It was kinda interesting. Also love Mike Quinn as the voice of his wife, and a stunning note is that her design was done by PPG artist Bobby London.

Let's Team Up Because We Aren't Bad Friends - To be honest, I was kinda expecting this when Richard Pursel told me that this episode was a good way to end the show yet still leave questions for more. Well, he got the leave for more.part right. Epic way to end? Probably not. I won't say this episode is a gigantic disappointment but there was so much unmet potential that I don't even know where to begin. It felt a little bit weak and forced. This reminds me of the finale of Johnny Bravo where Weird Al, Don Knotts and Blue Falcon tried to change his show. I just felt that the crew used the fact that Magiswords might not return to their advantage by making things blown out of proportion by making constant fourth wall jokes. They even included more non Canon swords again like the KO Sword. I was very annoyed with how the Warriors were being more annoyances to Simone and Noville than they should have. It was a waste of a good 22 minute episode. They could've just stopped them from the beginning but they let them drag them around just for their own entertainment. I've seen this plot a million times. There making me not have a reason to care about any of these characters. As the creator wanted a character driven show, while this episode has some minimal development foids, it just flanderizes the main characters into levels that seemed to exaggerated. Flashback Farms handled it better, even if it was 5 minutes. It showed Vambres concern over being taken seriously. That's what should've ended the series good with the whole announcement of the series logo and revelation of Kablammica saving the pier. The Lanolion Sleeps Tonight also did it better. Even if it was kinda lacramorse and tedious you gotta admit, it was kind of unique. Even Team of Broccoli handled the message of "nothing wrong with a little fun" better because I can actually see the pain of Danelda on why she wouldn't tolerate it. This episode, not so much. When Pursel told me about it, I thought there was going to be some epic battle that would happen. Do you guys have any idea how awesome it wouldve been if that was the case? Characters working side by side? Or better; a serious character thats an actual threat to the Warriors. That would've great. Or better, more revealations like The Mysterious Hooded Woman. Who is she?? Seriously. And what about Witch Way? Or better yet; how were Magiswords even conceived in the first place? That would make a good episode right? Also with the few episodes showing the Magiswords safe, I figured that this episode would be able to talk about it more, have it appear more or have it be the center of the plot. Imagine if those swords fell into the wrong hands. Shame that none of it was the case.

I felt that Noville's last minute girlfriend was kind of a wasted use or it was used at the wrong place at the wrong time. Don't get me wrong. I loved Lauren Tom's voice work in that episode and was actually surprised and heart warmed that Noville had someone who cared about him for him alone instead of just his Magiswords or his love of books. But it could've been handled better. I was also hoping that Witchy could finally pursue her education so she could fullfil her dream to be a full time witch. But it just escalated to her work side at Slugburger, just so we could have Kyle Massey record some hilarity as Spoony and break more of the fourth wall. It's a shame. I don't mind Slugbueger connection with her but don't let that dominate Witchys character. But I would've loved to see Noel or Scarriet have more screen time and development.

As for Rads inclusion, I was very disappointed that it wasn't going to be an OK KO crossover. That would've been awesome. Magiswords in power battles, POW cards of the warriors, a Hanna Barbera/Toriyama influenced show meeting a WB/Ishinomori influenced show, so much potential and ideas couldve been ridded. But I did like how Rad was an essential help to the character rather than just made to make jokes. Plus, not only does his design translate well with MM's flash thanks to Dustin Jackson (since OK KO was done in flash numerous times in shorts, it wasn't surprising) but they also kept the character in tact with his OK KO roots by keeping his HB sound effects when he finger blasts. That was very nice of the crew. Spoony kinda made it uncomfortable with how he has connections with Mr. Gar since there both managers, which is so stereotypical. Seen it. But I guess we needed some explanation as he appeared out of nowhere in the Hyperspace Sword.

But the thing that kinda dropped the balls there and really made me mad was the ending. Well actually both the ending and after math. The ending, as with the episode in general, was weaksauce. Although it was heartwarming to see the Warriors flee to the sunset, it was handled kinda poorly. They just had to have Prohyas say a reference on their short lived run. Now the credits, it was complete and utter waste. It didn't extend like the others. There was no eccentric music used. It was pretty much the same 15 sec credits used for the regular episodes. Saga of Robopiggeh had a good extension song. Incredible tiny Warriors had a good instrumental song. But the so called finale? Nothing. I was.not expecting that. I actually thought they were gonna use the full version of the theme song at some point. But they didn't. It kinda reminded me of how Kirbopher was making season 1 of TOME. When he ran out of funds, he was torn into making the tenth episode the finale but luckily.didnt happen. He made it the right way to have the episode end good and want more. I feel as if it was there way of saying they did it just in case they get picked up again. Van Partible did it better for JB. I was kinda ashamed of this.

To be honest, I think that Magiswords at this point, needs some improvement in some of it's storylines. Some of the episodes kinds get repetitive and they kind of flanderize the personalities far too much. I can understand them joking around from time to time but doing it all the time kinda makes the humor ware out. There suppose to be warriors protecting the innocent and helping others. The 3-minute shorts, even though they were very fast paced, they at least laid down the general personalities and eased up on their goofiness. I felt that the moment they slowed down, they used it to make jokes very long and repetitive and Linda bit annoying. At least for the first season, they did it at a rapid pace that would make it a bit funny and over and done with so the main focus would be the center. Other than that, I'll never get over the music. It was very catchy and unique. I also love the anime inspired poses, especially the eyecatchers shown at the end of season 2 episodes (I kinda think it was a last minute decision to spice up the show). They were adorable and unique. I do feel that CN kinda pushed Magiswords too much either the over promotion of the apps.and the fast paceness of the shorts led to the shows downfall. Like I said, you can't be good at something without making mistakes first but the show is getting there. I actually hope that if the show does get picked up again, they would be very diverse in it's humor and include more development and arcs to it. I loved the show and wish it's crew best of luck on their endeavors.

Goodbye Mighty Magiswords, we will miss you.

May 2015 - 2018/9/whenever

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts