TALKBACK - Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart - "I Love You Mao Mao" [5/20 (Online) 7/1 (TV)]

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Apr 12, 2016

Episode 1

Online May 20

I Love You Mao Mao
MONDAY 5/20 (Online)
MONDAY 7/1 at 6:10 PM (TV)

This week...
An explosive loner and his slacker best friend are waylaid from their journey into legend, only to find that their story is just beginning.​

Gatordragon

Disturbed Paladin
May 14, 2012
The Land of Flowers
This first episode was a pretty good start. I'm likin' the art style and animation, plus the characters are enjoyable.

I get a Hector Con Carne vibe from the Orangu-Snake villain, what with the snake being the brains on top of a big dumb body.

DeanBurrito25

Jan 15, 2009
mattdeanart.com
Well that was fun! I'm excited to see this world and its characters get fleshed out.

If CN plays its cards right, I could envision this becoming another must-see original for the network.

Digamma-F-Wau

Jan 19, 2016
Like I mentioned in the other thread this episode gets held back by some "early episode awkwardness", but since the episode manages to be pretty good even with that handicap, imagine how great the episodes lacking the "early episode awkwardness" will be

Radical Buster

That's too much, man!
Feb 3, 2018
Indonesia
>theme song reminiscent of old English dubbed anime OP's
>"nothing exciting ever happens here"

The anime influence is strong on this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
>theme song reminiscent of old English dubbed anime OP's
>"nothing exciting ever happens here"

The anime influence is strong on this one.
On one hand, that's what I'm worried about. I hope this show won't get too reference-heavy and will work hard to be established as its own somewhat original thing. That's gonna take some good, strong writing, however... We do have a good first hook here, though. I don't argue against that for a second.

Reactions: Radical Buster

MrBabySpencer

Sep 25, 2011
Oakley California
I watched the first episode, and I love Mao Mao so far!

I can tell there's a huge anime influence! also am I the one who thinks that Mao Mao kinda reminds me of Mr. Blik from Catscratch. I mean there both black cats and their personalities seem similar.

RainbowCupcake

The (Not So) Bad Guy
Dec 3, 2017
United States
Solid opening. The characters were well-developed and pretty enjoyable to watch. The episode also had some good gags and lines. I liked when one of the cute little citizens said, "I'm thirty!" when Mao Mao thought he was a child. I'm excited for more to come.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Carlos Gutierrez wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
I really do need to see Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, Hawkodile, and Richard come back for more new adventures this summer!
Happy Father's Day to all dads out there (including my own)!
Homestar Runner was trending yesterday and I didn't notice. Is the series all up ons again?
Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.