TALKBACK - Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart - Episodes 21-24 [9/13 (Online) 9/14-9/21 (TV)]

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
cartoon.jpg

Episodes 21-24
mao-mao_showpicker_72x72.jpg

Online September 13th

The Truth Stinks
FRIDAY 9/13 (Online)
SATURDAY 9/14 at 10:00 AM (TV)

This week...
Badgerclops smells, but Mao Mao and Adorabat don’t know how to tell him.
----

Trading Day
FRIDAY 9/13 (Online)
SATURDAY 9/14 at 10:15 AM (TV)

This week...
When they think each others’ lives are easier, the heroes switch roles.
----

Head Chef
FRIDAY 9/13 (Online)
SATURDAY 9/21 at 10:00 AM (TV)

This week...
Mao Mao faces off with Badgerclops in a competition to determine whether cooking (and being a hero) is an art or a science.
----

Orangusnake Begins
FRIDAY 9/13 (Online)
SATURDAY 9/21 at 10:15 AM (TV)

This week...
Mao Mao goads Orangusnake and the Sky Pirates into becoming truly terrible villains worthy of a legendary hero such as himself.​

kid rabbit

some lore expanded here
like in head chef adorabat mention she had a dad
and in orangusnake begins the ruby pure heart boost his powers
the ruby pure heart also created that monster in enemy mime
me thinks the ruby pure heart isn't as pure as it seems

StellaMagic

some lore expanded here
like in head chef adorabat mention she had a dad
and in orangusnake begins the ruby pure heart boost his powers
the ruby pure heart also created that monster in enemy mime
me thinks the ruby pure heart isn't as pure as it seems
Do you think the Ruby Pure Heart is attracting monsters on purpose?

StellaMagic

I saw Orangusnake Begins and it raised a lot of question. Here are two I have: why didn't Coby bite the sheep the first time, and what did the Ruby Pure Heart do to the Sky Pirates? Any theories?

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
A little late. I’ve been busy.

The Truth Stinks: So this episode is basically just “Sick Mao” but with Badgerclops and his stinky crystals. Overall I found this one to be pretty forgettable. Mao Mao arresting Kevin was kind of funny. And the beignet song/cleaning sequence was fun. But after those two things occurred, the episode just was sort of unpleasant to watch. I’ve never been a fan of episodes where the main plot is a character smelling really bad. SpongeBob has done this several times, as well as other Western cartoons. I guess I just found it annoying how offended Badgerclops got over his stench and how oblivious he was towards it. I know it was supposed to be comical, but it wasn’t to me.

Trading Day: I thought the premise to this one might be cool, but I think it failed in execution. By far the best part of the episode was Badgerclops going to school and taking Adorabat’s place. I didn’t realize she was only five years old. It’s weird how all the Sweetiepies look the same, but vary widely in age. The classmates taunting Badgerclops and him getting so worked up over it was funny. Our other two MCs were somewhat boring here. There were some slightly funny gags with Mao Mao and Badgerclops’ arm, but nothing memorable. There were a lot of references to past episodes in Badgerclops’ audio diary, which I found interesting. Adorabat acting like Batman was funny for five seconds...then it got stale. Also seeing her yelling at her classmates (like, YELLING, at them) to stop bullying Badgerclops was uncomfortable to sit through. I also probably would not return to this one.

Head Chef: This one was way better than the previous two. I liked how the episode was actually set up like a cooking show. Having the blue dog be one of the judges and muttering how he was “just...not impressed” by Mao Mao’s cooking skills was a great throwback! I also liked how Adorabat wanted to enter the competition and use her toy cooking set. The king was especially funny here. I chuckled when he tripped and fell at the end, as well as when Pinky got trapped in Badgerclops’ arm and said something like, “I live here now.” Can’t remember the exact line, but it was funny.

Orangusnake Begins: Now this was a cool episode. Lots of lore here. Orangusnake’s backstory was quite interesting. I never knew he was actually two animals put together. I always thought the orangutan on his suit was just a decoration. Also interesting how Mao Mao was the one who prompted his creation. Loved seeing Bao Bao in the flashback (and I guess he’s returning for real in an upcoming episode. Yay!) Also the guy that kept stealing the banana made for a few laughs. I absolutely loved the part when Orangusnake kept making Mao Mao repeat, “I fear you.” And I was laughing hysterically when Mao Mao told Orangusnake that he “feared him,” but was not, “in fear” with him. Took me a minute to get the joke, but once I did, I found it to be hilarious. Hmm...and that ending. Looks like the Ruby Heart has a mystery behind it, a great power of some sort. I’m still wary to believe that Orangusnake is going to be the show’s permanent main villain. I sense that there’s a real “big baddie” out there, and they’ll be showing up fairly soon to retrieve this ancient power the crystal has.

Lots of new episodes on the way, can’t wait for more!

StellaMagic

Orangusnake Begins: Now this was a cool episode. Lots of lore here. Orangusnake’s backstory was quite interesting. I never knew he was actually two animals put together. I always thought the orangutan on his suit was just a decoration. Also interesting how Mao Mao was the one who prompted his creation. Loved seeing Bao Bao in the flashback (and I guess he’s returning for real in an upcoming episode. Yay!) Also the guy that kept stealing the banana made for a few laughs. I absolutely loved the part when Orangusnake kept making Mao Mao repeat, “I fear you.” And I was laughing hysterically when Mao Mao told Orangusnake that he “feared him,” but was not, “in fear” with him. Took me a minute to get the joke, but once I did, I found it to be hilarious. Hmm...and that ending. Looks like the Ruby Heart has a mystery behind it, a great power of some sort. I’m still wary to believe that Orangusnake is going to be the show’s permanent main villain. I sense that there’s a real “big baddie” out there, and they’ll be showing up fairly soon to retrieve this ancient power the crystal has.

Lots of new episodes on the way, can’t wait for more!

Can't wait either. What if the Ruby Pure Heart was meant to keep something in it rather than keep the wildlife out? Or it could be getting revenge on Mao Mao.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts