Talkback - Harvey Beaks "Buds Before Studs" [10/16]

Latest News & Videos

Lord Hater

Retired
Dec 29, 2014
When Princess claims Foo as her boyfriend, Fee and Claire team up to undo the disaster.

This episode premieres tonight at 8:00 pm on Nickelodeon.

Freav

BeakFreav
Oct 16, 2015
The synopsis of this one looks funny as hell for me, and apparently there's a lot of anime/shojo references (anime is not really my things but these kind of parodies always crack me up).
I have high hopes for this episode.

SaneMan

Nov 13, 2012
Slovak Republic
This week's episode's of Harvey Beaks and Pig Goat Banana were both incredibly adorable
Alto Fee being this attached to her brother (to the point of becoming jealous at the very idea of him having a girlfriend) does raise some red flags. Alto she does say she overreacted at the end.
Foo meanwhile shows that he has no interest in a romantic relationship, since he loves everybody.
The ending with Fee and Claire becoming friends was also cute. Speaking of which, Claire is definitely a better artist than Panda or Sarah (at least as far as manga is concerned)
and Princess continues being a female avian Eric Cartman equivalent

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
Watching the latest episode ("Buds Before Studs")... Yeah. Normally, I'm NOT a fan of this kind of plot, mostly because I see it far too much. And yet, whomever wrote THIS handled it much better than I expected them to (compared to anything else out there, especially Regular Show, for example (EEECCHH.). I guess that's just a large enough to notice example of what it means to actually be something truly awesome (like this show.), now is it!

Normally, I don't comment on this show too much - I do enjoy it, but there's never much for me to say. Keep this all mind (at least for now...) - I DO like what I'm seeing.

Reactions: Pelvix

rockorockorocko

Nov 7, 2012
United States
HB is the best cartoon on kids tv right now IMO. Too bad it's nothing to Nick. On CN, it would have been its top show.

Overall, Nick's current animation lineup is the best it's been since the early 2000s. Still under-valued by Nick, but way better in quality and diversity.

Reactions: 1 person

Lord Hater

Retired
Dec 29, 2014
Great episode. I liked the art of Claire's fantasy, Foo looked like Avatar. It was nice to see an episode focusing on a side character.

Aparent

Oct 14, 2015
This is one of my favorite episodes. I liked the anime references and I also liked the humor. My favorite aspect of this episodes is the way Fee and Claire interacted. It was kind of selfish for Princess to steal Foo, but I'm glad Fee and Claire got him back. 9/10.

Freav

BeakFreav
Oct 16, 2015
The synopsis of this one looks funny as hell for me, and apparently there's a lot of anime/shojo references (anime is not really my things but these kind of parodies always crack me up).
I have high hopes for this episode.
It did not dissapoint! Claire and Fee's friendship was great. And Foo is extremely cute.
Also, I love Princess way too much for a one dimensional character.

This is my favorite show <3

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CNC
Mao Mao has been on hiatus since October. There will be no new episodes airing in June in the U.S., despite those last 9 episodes of Season 1 (31-40) allegedly leaked by Aussie streaming service Stan back in April, and we've been telling ourselves NOT to spoil any of these episodes on social media until they are officially released.

Man, it's really hard to like your favorite show when it's stuck in a long hiatus...
Take this with a very huge grain of salt. While I was on Tomb Cartoon Monkey Skeleton, I found a comment which was saying which new CN originals will premiere this and next year.

Lisa Ortiz's mother passed away.

I found this interview that Pam Arciero (Grundgetta from Sesame Street) took part in. I mainly skipped to 1:35, where she mentioned how production on the show ground to a halt because of the pandemic. There was about 1 more week of material to tape. She says they could start again in October, but that could change.