Talkback - Harvey Beaks "A Day of No To-Do/Recipe for Disaster" [9/7]

Latest News & Videos

Cartoon Ruler

Dec 11, 2011
Galloway, NJ
A. When Harvey goes overboard with his new day planner, Fee tries to show him how to be more spontaneous.

B. Harvey enlists the help of the twins to cook a fancy dinner for his parents.

Both episodes premieres tonight at 7:30PM on Nickelodeon.

Thoughts?

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
A Day of No To-Do - I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this episode. This episode put a lot of emphasis on atmosphere, which not only helps the plot but allows the characterize and scenery to just breathe, and I love it whenever cartoons do that. It helps that the backgrounds are among the show's most picturesque yet. Fee and Foo actually have a very dignified role while keeping perfectly in-character; they don't like strict structure, and they'd rather do what comes to their mind at that moment. Harvey's character, although I can't really buy how obsessive he is with following his planner in the first half, ends up shining after Fee confiscates the planner, and even more so once the gang gets lost, since he acts pretty much like a kid like him probably would and you really get the feeling he truly learned his lesson by the end. Honestly, this is probably one of the show's best episodes so far, as it fully embraces the relaxed, fun, and unpredictable nature of the show's concepts and settings.

Recipe of Disaster - I liked how Harvey tried his hardest to impress his parents by cooking dinner but found that he couldn't. I liked how his parents kept trusting him despite their ever-decreasing patience. I liked how, even when they betray Harvey, it's for understandable reasons and it leads to another nice moral. Even Fee and Foo are fairly entertaining. It's just that this is a hijinx-based episode, which I typically feel are many of the series' weaker entries, and it doesn't help that almost the entire episode is kept inside the house. However, with the genuine moments and some decent laughs, I can still say that this episode is good for what it is.

SaneMan

Nov 13, 2012
Slovak Republic
Did I already mention how awesome the music in this show is?
Ego Plum really is an awesome musician (he also does music for Star vs the Forces of Evil, and the short-lived Making Fiends)

Lord Hater

Retired
Dec 29, 2014
Both episodes were good. Harvey's obsession with the planner was over the top and I liked their parents going crazy over food.