"Swamp Thing" (DC Universe) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
June 10th:
New rumor says they were planning 3 seasons for the show, and a possible spin-off featuring a team-up with Justice League Dark, before cancellation.
That's pretty ambitious for an untested IP on a streaming service. Cool ideas, and I'm tempted to applaud them, but also a little counting your chickens before they hatch :sweat:.

I am still bummed we never got Matt Ryan as Constantine in this :p.

(Man, Justice League Dark does not have a good track record in live action...).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
That's pretty ambitious for an untested IP on a streaming service. Cool ideas, and I'm tempted to applaud them, but also a little counting your chickens before they hatch :sweat:.
I suspect that big picture model was Wan's influence. A set of ideas of where he wants each season to go and that leads the rest of the crew into crafting the finer details, scripts, etc. that would come with each season.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I suspect that big picture model was Wan's influence. A set of ideas of where he wants each season to go and that leads the rest of the crew into crafting the finer details, scripts, etc. that would come with each season.
Well, he's not a visionary filmmaker for nothing ;).
Almost as if any live action project JLD touches (or rather plans to touch) ends up getting cancelled lol.
Even their TV shows, as Constantine and now Swampy can attest :sweat:.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Okay this has to be a joke.
Sad news, no more CN EMEA schedules anymore for a while.
The Wayback Machine is closed for a long time.
The Internet: a place where ideology and opinions turn into a street fight.
I know it probably won't happen in the near future, but I wouldn't mind if Universal Kids does air Voltron: Legendary Defender or She-Ra: Princesses of Power... if the channel still exists in the next few years.
I’m liking Amphibia so far. It’s like a combination of Big City Greens and Gravity Falls.