SVES Talkback: Teen Titans - Every Dog Has His Day (Spoilers)

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
Season 2 (which is really just the second half of season 1 because the initial episode order was 26) begins as Robin, the lesser experienced but sturdy leader of the group, Cyborg, the brawns and style, Starfire, teh n00bz with teh b00bz, Beast Boy, the somewhat cocky, somewhat panicy shape-shifter, and Raven, a person you don't want to get near, form an elite group of something or others, who fight adults-- er I mean, fight evil before bedtime-- er I mean... they...do........ something.

Tonight's episode: Beast Boy gets a solo episode. As if that's what anyone wanted.

Youko Recca

Retired
1.I notice the emphasis on Raven's body :anime:
2.Best fight in the show
3.if I were in that alien dog's position I'd be doing alot more than licking Raven :bosko:

RedBoot

GO! Pringer X!
psycho258 said:
I have 2 things to say
2. Why didn't Beast Boy just turn into a fly?
Well, I think the collar changed size as he did. It was noticably smaller when he was a fish, for example.

That doesn't change the fact that THEY DIDN'T EXPLAIN HOW HE GOT OUT OF THE COLLAR AT THE END.

Decent ep with some good moments, but it's too much like Cyborg's "Sum of His Parts" episode.

Tea

>:D
Eh.

"Every Dog Has His Day"
+ Gotta love the fight scenes. Nice slow motion.
+ Raven and Starfire doing the hanging out? In her room? How's that for continuity.
+ For once, we get to see Star's true strength.
+ Most of the attack moves were well animated.
- I have never seen so much anime exaggeratedness in 60 seconds.
- While the episode did have its purpose (to teach BB a lesson), it was just a wacky filler.
- Come on. Did the dog have to lick Raven THAT much? I was getting a little grossed out.
- He's right. They never explained how he got out of his collar. I guess the dog did it?
? Seems like they based this episode on the theory that aliens created Stone Hedge...

I give it a 7/10.

jeffrey 228

Well I can say this, this episode was yet another weird, mainly for the Green dog aways jumping on top of Raven, now on the part where Raven tried to get attention from the dog, very weird on the facial expressions, yet a bit funny as well not to mention one Part Starfire's expression was right on target one of the Characters on FLCL perfectly that is what I enjoyed about this episode, oh and any apologies if this was near an Anime related issue, no offense, overall 4.8 out of 5 for tonight. :anime:

Corrado

Thoughts

Highlights of "Every dog Has His Day":

Positives:

The opening.

Beast Boy interrupting the girls' mantra.

The alien dog licking Raven ad nauseam.

The montage of the dog chasing everyone.

Dee Baker as the alien dog.

Negatives:

The villain wasn't that good.

No preview for next week.

Out of 5, I give it 4.

Mog

-_-
I think it was fairly obvious that the dog was the one that let BB out of the collar.

Here's my question. did anyone else think the alien looked like a huge version of Darkseid? Y'know, without the blue hood thing.

Xfox

I love purple haired girls
This would have been my favorite episode of Teen Titans had they at LEAST explained how Beast Boy got out of the collar. They overdid the whole dog licking Raven bit too (What was it, five times they did it?).

I was laughing it up through the whole episode. Beast Boy is such a great character. Like one of my other favorite superheroes (Darkwing Duck), Beast Boy isn't always taken seriously and he's a bit full of himself. I also loved the alien guy (can't remember his name), just a big galoot who loves his pets.

Favorite line- "Beast Boy, do I have to send you to another dimension?"

Tea

>:D
Corrado said:
No preview for next week.
There was a preview during commercial break. It featured the new Titan, Terra, flying on a rock, sitting next to Beast Boy with her eyes glowing yellow, and fighting with Slade saying "Do you mind if I talk with my hands?"

purplehairedwonder

No woman should suffer at the hands of men
Staff member
Today's episode was cute. Beast Boy got the attention he was looking for:D The dog licking Raven was really funny, and her face when she was getting it's attention (and the dog's heart eyes) was great as well. Overall, just a fun episode.

4/5

Bubblegum Girl

Magic User Wannabe
What a funny n' cute episode. I really like the way Soto acted more like a toddler than some kind of evil alien. :p

I saw the preivew of next weeks episode. I know it'll turn out cool.

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
I laughed a lil but that was until the dog chase scene went on to long. the rest was just plain boring including the fight. no damage fights are just WAY pointless.

will next weeks be better? maybe unless Terra isn't gonna be a long term member.
chicken.gif

Anime Guy

grunge music enthusiast
If the aliens' name was Solo, it'd be understandable. He's such a stupidass that no one would want to be near him. The entire time I was waiting for Cyborg to slug him one, and he did, I think. I'll have to watch the repeat when the Titans are wailing on him to see if Cyborg hits him right in the head. You've probably dedeuced from this post that I hate stupid and annoying people. Both is even worse.

Anyway, the Solo's dog licking Raven endlessly was funny, and I agree with Recca, he should've taken more advantage of her, what with that tentacle tongue and all.:D

TacoHunter

Master of None
I liked this episode. But I don't feel the ending was all that heart warming like at the end of a lot of the episodes from season 1. I like them heartwarmin' endings.

And I like Solo. His ship controls screamed toddler toys. I like that he was just a big over powered baby. Now that's motivation.

And that was one bad ass fight with the Titans and Solo. And I was surprised to see BB kick so much ass. I don't think he's ever done that before.

Anyway, what I didn't like was, it didn't feel like the characters bonded or that there was any character development. Maybe I'll change my opinion after I watch it again. I can excuse an episode like Mad Mod, just because that was such a nice change of pace. But this...I want more...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts