"Superman: The Animated Series - Volume Three" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment "Superman: The Animated Series - Volume Three" DVD

• ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The third and final two-disc volume of the Superman: The Animated Series DVD collection has arrived!

Synopsis: Alien warships instantly appear and attack Metropolis. Superman flies into action to save his beloved city, but his powers are not enough. This enemy is greater than any other Superman will ever know: the malicious Darkseid, a vicious dictator intent on controlling the universe and the one villain Superman is willing to kill ...or die trying. Darkseid vows to Superman, "If you will not be my knight, then you will be my pawn." No idle threat, he manipulates the Man of Steel to take over Earth in a plot that ultimately changes Superman's life forever! With this 2-disc, 18-episode collection, experience the colossal showdown of two titans from the very first punch!

Extras Include:
-Audio Commentary: Audio Commentaries on select episodes with the creators and the directors ("Apokolips...Now!" Part 2, "New Kids In Town," "Legacy" Part 2).
-Easter Egg: Bonus Commentary
-Featurette: Superman: Behind The Cape -- David Kaufman, voice of Jimmy Olsen, takes you journey on how a show comes together.
-Trailers

Please post all discussions, comments, etc, about the DVD here! Please discuss the episodes featured on the DVD in the proper talkbacks, links provided below:

#54. A Fish Story, #53. Unity, #52. Little Big Head Man, #51. Superman's Pal, #50. In Brightest Day..., #49. The Demon Reborn, #48. Legacy, Part 2, #47. Obsession, #46. Absolute Power, #45. Knight Time, #44. Legacy, Part 1, #43. New Kids In Town, #42. Where There's Smoke, #38. Little Girl, Lost Part 2, #37. Little Girl, Lost Part 1, #36. Warrior Queen, #35. Apokolips...Now!, Part 2, #33. Apokolips...Now!, Part 1

Discuss This DVD!

Related Discussion:
-"Superman: The Animated Series - Volume Two" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

-"Superman: The Animated Series - Volume One" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Note: If you don't plan on buying this release, then please refrain from posting. We appreciate and encourage discussion, but one-word/one-line posts are unnecessary. We'd like to see actual discussion and real comments from those who purchased this release or intend to. Please keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. We will issue warnings if we believe it necessary.

bat313

Ahhh, my computer was freezing up and i voted a zero for Supes volume 3 by accident!! I didnt even mean to click on this thread. IS there any way i can change it???

Harley_Quinn

Honey, get mommy’s bazooka
I think this is were the Supes really hit the ground running, can't wait to watch these again!

JSmith

Is the Easter Egg obvious or well-hidden? Should get this set tomorrow. Really looking forward to seeing Knight Time and Legacy again.

Jon T

Friendless Spidey
I was lucky enough to receive my set over the weekend. As a UK viewer, it'll be wonderful to finally see these final S:TAS episodes in decent quality; in the vast majority of cases, it'll be great to finally see the episodes at all! From what I skimmed on the discs, the picture quality is excellent, and the extras look to be pretty informative, as usual. Now all I have to do is find the time to adequately take it all in!

warmachine04

No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
SUPERMAN: TAS - VOLUME THREE

(+) Episodes - Apokolips...Now!, Knight Time, In Brightest Day and Legacy
(+) Good picture quality and audio
(+) Special Features - Audio commentaries & Superman: Behind the Cape
(+) Easter Egg

(-) Episode - Superman's Pal

:) :) :) :) 1/2 / :) :) :) :) :)

Joker1238

I going to get it on Friday.

Vol 3 is going to be the STRONG vol of the Superman sets, just because we get to see Darksied pummle Superman :D and invaded Earth.

In the rematch, Supes RELLY pounds Darksied into into well you know what I mean, one of the BEST fights EVER.

Bats also makes one more showing I belive. With Superman DRESS as Batman.

Over all I expect this vol to be GREAT. I JUST hope it does not have the same flaw as JL season 2 on box art. In other words if it says Apokolips...Now is on DVD 4, IT BETTTER BE ON DVD 4, and not on DVD 3 or 2.

J-Ranger

John Stewart
I just picked up my copy this morning and I'm up to Apokolips Now Pt 2. There is actually a lot about the volume 3 episodes of Superman that I forgot about. The presentation of the episodes are nice, and the menus are decent as well. I usually like to watch my episodes in order but I'm too excited to watch my JL S2 set that I'll just finish watching disc 1 of STAS and move onto disc 1 of JL. I hope someone post soon what the easter egg commentary is, I suck at finding easter eggs

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Superman Easter Egg Spoiler!

For Superman Volume Three go to disc one. Access special features push right on one of the features lighting up Superman's "S". Press the "s" and enjoy a hidden commentary for Apokalips Now! Part One!

Simpler Simon

Always in Style
Fone Bone said:
For Superman Volume Three go to disc one. Access special features push right on one of the features lighting up Superman's "S". Press the "s" and enjoy a hidden commentary for Apokalips Now! Part One!

Interesting.

so they had nothing to say -at all- for either part of Little Girl Lost? I'm kinda shocked.

CadaverousEyes

Ostracized
My local Circuit City seemingly received a bad batch of discs. I tried all the discs out when I got home, and discovered that side A of disc 2 skips over the legal disclaimer and menu, goes straight into Knight Time, and then stops when the episode ends. I can access the menu from the episode to see some of the other episodes, but The New Kids in Town and the Superman documentary excerpt don't work at all, and as a result, the Play All feature doesn't work either. Furthermore, Absolute Power and In Brightest Day become unplayable about halfway through the episodes. I exchanged the set and the new one has the same problem. I'll wait a week before I try again, but if that doesn't work, I hope WHV has a good exchange program.

MilkManX

From the X pit
I just blazed through Disc 1 including the commentary on AN part 1. Damn good stuff. Greatness if you are a Kirby fan. Even with a few limp episodes I think this is the best batch of the Superman sets.

Maxie Zeus

Upside Down
Thanks for the heads up on the STAS Easter egg, FB! That was awesome, and gets my vote for the best special feature on the set.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
And now, we have yet another review praising this release, from Maxie Zeus!

Y'know, I'm starting to get Superman overload here...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts