"Superman: The Animated Series - Original Soundtrack from the Warner Bros. Television Series" Soundt

Rate and Comment on this Soundtrack Release!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The first Superman: The Animated Series soundtrack release is here!

Superman: The Animated Series - Original Soundtrack from the Warner Bros. Television Series
Label: La-La-Land Records
Shipping Date: January 28th, 2014

Synopsis: Up in the sky – it’s a bird, it’s a plane – it’s the Superman: The Animated Series soundtrack! Warner Bros and La-La Land Records are proud to announce the world premiere release to one of the world’s finest soundtrack’s ever written for an Animated TV series – Superman! In the mid 90’s, as a companion piece to the wildly successful Batman: The Animated Series, producers Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett and Paul Dini brought to life another DC Comic’s favorite - Superman. Faster than speeding bullet, renowned composer Shirley Walker and her composing family hoped aboard the man of steel’s cape and gave a musical identity to Metropolis’ favorite boy-scout. This 4 CD set includes:

* More than 5 hours of music on 4 CDs.
* 20 full episode scores, including the epic 3-part Batman crossover "World's Finest”.
* Includes the Emmy-nominated score to "Little Girl Lost" by Lolita Ritmanis.
* Features Shirley Walker's original, unused ending for the series finale, "Legacy."

Episodes Included:
-"The Last Son of Krypton, Part One"
-"The Last Son of Krypton, Part Two"
-"The Last Son of Krypton, Part Three"
-"Monkey Fun"
-"Tools of the Trade"
-"World's Finest, Part One"
-"World's Finest, Part Two"
-"World's Finest, Part Three"
-"Mxyzpixilated"
-"Father's Day"
-"In Brightest Day"
-"A Little Piece of Home"
-"Livewire"
-"Apokolips...Now, Part One"
-"Apokolips...Now, Part Two"
-"Little Girl Lost, Part One"
-"Little Girl Lost, Part Two"
-"Feeding Time"
-"Legacy, Part One"
-"Legacy, Part Two"

Complete track listings and additional content available at The World's Finest.

Comments?

Related Threads:
-Superman: The Complete Animated Series DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman: The Animated Series - Volume Three DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman: The Animated Series - Volume Two DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman: The Animated Series - Volume One DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: The Animated Series - Volume Two Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: The Animated Series - Volume One Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)

Aaron

Over 5 hours of music, across 4 discs!!! Heck yeah!
But at 60 bucks, I can't afford that any time soon. Which is a shame. Because I'd love to have this score. Some seriously great music here!

Riddler

I got a delivery in the mail today........:D

Definitely the highlight of my week!

I immediately plopped in the first disc and listened to the main Superman theme.... so great! Shirley Walker was a genius.

The booklet is loaded with lots of cool information and an excellent write up by John Takis.

I am just starting my listening experience, but everything sounds very crisp and clean.

La La Land rules! Keep the amazing soundtracks coming please! :)

Shadow_X

Gotham's Shadow
Hi,

I picked my copy of Superman: TAS yesterday from the Post Office, and OMG this one of the best releases of LLL, I haven't heard the entire volume, but I have to say, the WF music is AMAZING!! I also listened a bit of "In Brightest Day..." and the GL theme is one of the best themes for a character in the DCAU, I still remember that part in the season 2 finale of JL when John creates the ax and the GL theme kicks in, epic moment :cool:

Shirley Walker was a genius.

There's not a single lie in that statement :)

I'm glad LLL include the complete Superman Theme in this volume, the one that played during the credits of the "movie cut" of WF.

The booklet is loaded with lots of cool information and an excellent write up by John Takis.

Totally! the liner notes from "Apokolips... Now!" are great! LLL sure knows how to treat its customers :anime:

And I also received a sign copy :anime: one more for the collection :cool:

Later...

ShadowStar

Just finished listening to it - excellent set with a great assortment of scores. It was a bit much tackling 3 discs in one day yesterday, so I listened to the third again earlier today (which was particularly enjoyable because of "In Brightest Day..." and "Apokolips... Now!") and the fourth immediately afterwards.

My memory of some of these episodes is better than others, but that didn't stop the likes of "A Little Piece of Home" (which I barely remember) from being good fun. I was really taken aback by the exciting "Monkey Fun" score as well.

Michael McCuistion's "In Brightest Day..." and "World's Finest" were probably my favourite scores of the whole series, so they were undoubtedly the highlights, but I liked how the selection of scores represented the series' experimentation with tone - check out "Livewire" and "Father's Day". Both very cool and a good change of pace. I wasn't completely sold on the latter when I heard it in the actual episode (it seemed too out of left field), but the isolated score is nonetheless a welcome addition to this set. Fans of Darkseid can't really complain... :p

Speaking of Darkseid, it's so nice to have the music from "Apokolips... Now!", especially its climax with the New Gods theme and, of course, the closing scene.

La La Land have done a stellar job with this set... The music, overall, isn't as strong as that of the B:TAS sets (just my pennyworth and personal taste), but this release is still well worth buying. So many wonderful character themes... Brainiac, Darkseid and Green Lantern to name a few. There are a few curious omissions but perhaps this means that La La Land are confident of releasing a second volume (;)) - though they wouldn't have been able to fit all of the show's best music onto four discs anyway!

I hope B:TAS vol. 3 and TAoBAR will be next up in terms of DCAU music before more Superman and/or some Justice League, but for now, this is a great showcase of the Man of Steel in music. :) I noticed that La La Land were really pushing to include as much material as possible on each disc (all four being just short of 80 minutes each), and while that could just be a coincidence in this case, hopefully they will put all of the available disc space to good use in future DCAU releases.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The World’s Finest caught up with Superman: The Animated Series soundtrack co-producer John Takis to talk about how this super collection came together. Click on the image below to check out the interview.

Spider-Man

I've been really enjoying this soundtrack set! I didn't luck out with a signed copy but maybe next time. I've been listening to the scores to the "Legacy," "Little Girl Lost," "Apokolips Now," "Last Son of Krypton" and "World's Finest" episodes over and over. I'm surprised that the music from the club scene (the music in the actual club) in WF Part One isn't on here though it is possible I somehow missed it. Such an awesome release and worth every single penny. Here's hoping for more score. I have to say I enjoyed this release more than the BTAS Vol. 2 soundtrack.

ShadowStar

Spider-Man said:
I'm surprised that the music from the club scene (the music in the actual club) in WF Part One isn't on here though it is possible I somehow missed it.

I guess that brief piece would be classed as a source cue for the nightclub and was probably deemed skippable by La La Land. I was hoping it would be included, but never mind, it's not a big deal.

John Takis

I guess that brief piece would be classed as a source cue for the nightclub and was probably deemed skippable by La La Land. I was hoping it would be included, but never mind, it's not a big deal.

While we tried to include source music wherever practical, a few short pieces (generally under a minute in length) did have to be trimmed for the sake of space. Fortunately, we weren't obliged to omit a single cue of underscore!

F

felliciaryan

Wow i want to listen this song i am a big fan of superman whatever is about superman whether it is TV series or its loving things related to superman as well as i really like superman costume:

Wonderwall

Staff member
I'm glad I have this now. And Im glad that A Little Piece of Home is on this. It has one of my favorite tracks with that jazz chase track being one of my favorites from STAS.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The winner of this matchup is Kung Fu Panda, which got 2 votes. Mulan got 1 vote. The next matchup is between "House Of Bloo's" from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends and "Operation: Zero" from Codename: Kids Next Door.
CNC
Update:

We picked up my mom and returned back home earlier today. Once again, she's still recovering from her surgeries. She still has a high fall risk as of earlier this month so she had to use a walker around the house as of earlier this month. (before her colon surgery happened) She still has other appointments to take care of. I wish her all the recovery.

I love you, mom.
Streaker Prower wrote on Otakuninja2006's profile.
Hey Otakuninja2006, I want to see more of your Nickelodeon Slam Schedules please
Pixar's Ratatouille is 15 years old today.

It looks like Paget Brewster didn't know that DuckTales would end at season 3 given the surprise she felt when she was told about this at the last recording.

Featured Posts