"Superman: Red Son" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
The trailer for Superman: Red Son is live and exclusively at IGN.

I'm hyped :D!

Looks like a really strong adaption of the story. I haven't noticed them changing anything dramaticlly, and all the main and important moments seem to be intact :cool:.

Jason Isaac's Russian Superman will take some getting used to, but he has the emotional gravitas of the role down to pat :).

Diedrich Bader's Luthor is different but at the same time fits a Cold War-era Luthor ;).

It's weird. Sasha Roiz sounds a little too old for Hal Jordan, while Vanessa Marshall sounds younger compared to her past takes on Wonder Woman o_O.

I am disappointed I didn't get to hear Roger Craig Smith as Russian Batman :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Looks good. Spinning some classic characters into new but similar roles and present a familiar battle of power and ideologies. I've enjoyed Gotham by Gaslight as a stand alone so I figure I'll enjoy this one for being its own thing and maybe have a gripe or two. As always, should be fun to see how much of the comics was kept, what was deleted, what was changed.

Frontier

Staff member
Looks good. Spinning some classic characters into new but similar roles and present a familiar battle of power and ideologies. I've enjoyed Gotham by Gaslight as a stand alone so I figure I'll enjoy this one for being its own thing and maybe have a gripe or two. As always, should be fun to see how much of the comics was kept, what was deleted, what was changed.
That was the main appeal of the comic ;).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It feels like forever since I read this book but I'm looking forward to seeing this. I liked the book a lot. It was one of my favorite works by Millar and I wanted to see this adapted a long time ago. So long ago, that I haven't actually thought of it in forever.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Nice to have the release date confirmed already. The February 25th date was listed on Movies Anywhere since last month, and I brought it up on the previous page. (And a couple of posts below, Yojimbo correctly guessed the date for the physical release).

I'm also looking forward to the Phantom Stranger short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts