"Superman: Man of Tomorrow" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
As always, get all the press details and more for Superman: Man of Tomorrow over at The World's Finest.
Thanks James! No confirmation on the next release; I guess we'll have to wait a bit. EDIT (06/26): Presumably, next up is the second DC Showcase Collection in 2020, followed by Batman: Soul of the Dragon in Spring 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Milizia as Maya, Petey and Kaylie, Byrd as Troupe, Stewart as Mrs. Ross, and Michael as Perry. Check.

No commentary. Hrm.

86 minutes. Cools.

And looks like confirmation, in addition to Lukic being the next Supervising Producer, but that Kimberly Moreau is the next producer taking over for Amy McKenna.
Oh hey, Ron Troupe is showing up! That's cool :).

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
Pretty slim on the extras.

Also, 41st film?... did I miss one along the way?
Well, Wikipedia only counts Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (released in two parts) once and doesn't include the first DC Showcase Collection. Maybe that explains the discrepancy? I would also have liked to see a commentary track.

Last edited:

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Jul 24, 2007
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
Right? Not one about Superman?

41 should be the correct number.
Superman: Man of Tomorrow is the 40th film in the line with the DC Universe branding.I wouldn't really consider TDKR Deluxe Edition or Death and Return of Superman as separate productions.

Unless they are including the previous DC Showcase collection or Constantine: City of Demons.

Reactions: Otaku-sempai

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Superman: Man of Tomorrow is the 40th film in the line with the DC Universe branding.I wouldn't really consider TDKR Deluxe Edition or Death and Return of Superman as separate productions.

Unless they are including the previous DC Showcase collection or Constantine: City of Demons.
My mistake. Yeah, probably Superman/Shazam. The case had the same Warner Premiere logo on its spine that the DCU movie line was using at the time.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY

Constantine: City of Demons definitely falls outside of the line. I can only think that the missing one is DC Showcase Collection: Superman/Shazam! The Return of Black Adam.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Interesting. I think this is the first time the bundle set with figurine is the 4K/Blu-ray/Digital configuration. In the past it was Blu-ray/DVD/Digital. Time's a changing. Yet still not always using the movie's designs for the cover art. :p
It was the 4K one for Justice League Vs the Fatal Five too. That actually annoyed me because I had to get a 4K disc (I don't have a 4K player) just to get Starboy. Worth it though.

Also who is the figure supposed to be?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
The movie will premiere during the DC FanDome event, and there will also be a panel afterwards.
Superman: Man of Tomorrow World Premiere
4:15PM (Encore at 12AM)
WatchVerse – Kandor
Be among the first fans to witness the world premiere screening of Superman: Man of Tomorrow, the latest entry in the popular series of DC Universe Movies. It’s the dawn of a new age of heroes, and Metropolis has just met its first. But as Daily Planet intern Clark Kent — working alongside reporter Lois Lane — secretly wields his alien powers of flight, super-strength and X-ray vision in the battle for good, there’s even greater trouble on the horizon. Follow the budding hero as he engages in bloody battles with intergalactic bounty hunter Lobo and fights for his life to halt the attack of power-hungry alien Parasite. The world will learn about Superman — but first, he must save the world! Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner Darren Criss (Glee) and Emmy nominee Zachary Quinto (Star Trek, Heroes) lead a star-studded cast as the voices of Superman/Clark Kent and Lex Luthor, respectively. The cast also includes Alexandra Daddario (San Andreas) as Lois Lane, Brett Dalton (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) as Parasite/Rudy Jones, Ryan Hurst (Sons of Anarchy, The Walking Dead) as Lobo, and Iké Amadi (Mass Effect 3) as Martian Manhunter. (90 min)
Superman: Man of Tomorrow – Panel
5:45PM (Encore at 1:30AM)
WatchVerse – Kandor
Daily Planet intern Clark Kent takes learning on the job to new extremes when Lobo and Parasite set their sights on Metropolis in Superman: Man of Tomorrow, the 41st entry in the popular series of DC Universe Movies. Join a lively discussion of the inner workings of bringing this Superman tale to animated life with Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner Darren Criss (Glee), Brett Dalton (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Ryan Hurst (Sons of Anarchy, The Walking Dead) and Iké Amadi(Mass Effect 3) alongside supervising producer Butch Lukic (Constantine: City of Demons), director Chris Palmer (Voltron: Legendary Defender) and screenwriter Tim Sheridan (The Death of Superman). (50 min)

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

A few weeks ago it was my birthday. (happy (late) birthday to me..)
Apparently John K's dad passed away last month. KRICFALUSI, Michael "Mike"
Sinking Ship partners with Showmax The writing here implies that Universal Kids will air Endlings in September, but I don't see anything yet.
I just want to mention that i have an archive.org account! It would be great,if you will check it out!
(Note: check it from time to time!)