"Superman: Man of Tomorrow" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otaku-sempai

And the credits furnished in the article have now all been approved by IMDb.

EDIT: Somehow the wrong url was provided for the photo in the article. A correction has been submitted.
1588294775487.png

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Cool. A bit amusing this news comes out a couple days after it's mentioned Clark is also a Daily Planet intern in the current DC Super Hero Girls canon. Dig the art style. Solid cast and crew. Funny while watching Agents of SHIELD, I always imagined Dalton would make a good Lex someday, lol. But as Parasite, should still be interesting considering his role as Hive a later season of AOS. Looks like they're going to play off Superman and Lex still being friends.
Dalton is playing Lobo. Ryan Hurst is voicing Parasite :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Dalton is playing Lobo. Ryan Hurst is voicing Parasite :).
Is the EW article wrong?
Lobo, an intergalactic bounty hunter who calls himself "the Main Man," will be voiced by Ryan Hurst (The Walking Dead)
while Parasite (a.k.a. Rudy Jones) will be voiced by Brett Dalton (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Huh. They must have edited the article to be more accurate, because the one Royal quoted from had it reversed :confused:.
No worries. I confirmed with Gary that EW goofed the article on that bit so they fixed it. Supposedly those who follow Hurst's work would know it's spot on casting for him to voice Lobo.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
For what it's worth I edited my post quoting the EW article with the corrected credits for Lobo & Parasite, to avoid further confusion.

The movie sounds pretty good so far. The art style is a nice change of pace and the cast seems pretty solid. There's not a lot of detail about the story yet, but I'm sure they can come up with something good with all the characters listed in there. :p

I'm looking forward to this, this was a pretty intriguing title ever since it was announced last year. I'm not completely convinced this could be the start of another continuity for their movies, but we'll see how that plays out in the next few years.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I'm looking forward to this, this was a pretty intriguing title ever since it was announced last year. I'm not completely convinced this could be the start of another continuity for their movies, but we'll see how that plays out in the next few years.

The DC Comics article last July claimed this was an original, standalone Superman movie. I really don't think this is kicking off any continuity... just a one off. We'll have to wait for the conclusion of JLD:AW (and perhaps a press release around July announcing next years slate) to see what their plans are regarding continuity.

Interesting how each of the main producers of the DC Universe line started off their runs with standalone Superman movies:

Bruce Timm - Superman: Doomsday
James Tucker - Superman: Unbound
Butch Lukic - Superman: Man of Tomorrow

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The DC Comics article last July claimed this was an original, standalone Superman movie. I really don't think this is kicking off any continuity... just a one off. We'll have to wait for the conclusion of JLD:AW (and perhaps a press release around July announcing next years slate) to see what their plans are regarding continuity.
Yup, just like how the other 2 Superman DTVs you mentioned below were both standalone. But unlike them, I'm intrigued how this one seems to be a 'Superman Year One' story.

Interesting how each of the main producers of the DC Universe line started off their runs with standalone Superman movies:

Far out.

Frontier

Staff member

I'm kind of amazed it's not Batman movies :p.

Otaku-sempai

No worries. I confirmed with Gary that EW goofed the article on that bit so they fixed it. Supposedly those who follow Hurst's work would know it's spot on casting for him to voice Lobo.
The original EW article still has it reversed as I write this. I was just looking at it. Maybe Gary can contact IMDb about correcting the error; they don't want to take my word for it and rejected my own correction.

Last edited:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
For those wondering, the Superman: Man of Tomorrow first look attached with Justice League Dark: Apokolips War definitely positions Superman: Man of Tomorrow as the start of the next phase for the DC Universe Movie line (no spoilers from me, however). Expect a trailer very soon.

Frontier

Staff member
For those wondering, the Superman: Man of Tomorrow first look attached with Justice League Dark: Apokolips War definitely positions Superman: Man of Tomorrow as the start of the next phase for the DC Universe Movie line (no spoilers from me, however). Expect a trailer very soon.
I'm definitely excited! Can't wait to see what's coming up next year :D.

Medinnus

Staff member
I wasn't expecting Lobo. Is this the first time he's been in an animated feature, come to think of it (aside from the Lego movies)? I like Brett Dalton but I'm not sure I can imagine the Main Man sounding like Grant Ward o_O.

Lobo was part of Young Justice, Season Two.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just wanted to add a reminder that Spoiler Tags should be used if users want to discuss the Sneak Peek in greater detail or post screenshots from it. And as usual, no posting of illegally uploaded copies of the video. Trailers, clips and images should officially be released in the upcoming weeks.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Then this would be his first time outside of the Lego DC DVD movies and cameo in DC Superhero Girls: Intergalactic Games for him to appear in a movie .

EmaHalJordan

Just wanted to add a reminder that Spoiler Tags should be used if users want to discuss the Sneak Peek in greater detail or post screenshots from it. And as usual, no posting of illegally uploaded copies of the video. Trailers, clips and images should officially be released in the upcoming weeks.
Sorry, but since a photo of Superman and Lex was already published, I thought that we would have no trouble seeing a few more photos with Martian Manhunter and Lobo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts