"Superman: Man of Tomorrow" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
A "Superman: Man of Tomorrow " animated movie was announced for 2020 at the San Diego Comic-Con.
The 2020 DC Universe Movie slate will then wrap up with a standalone film called Superman: Man of Tomorrow, making this the first time two Superman-centered DC Universe Movies will be released in the same year. Unlike Red Son, Man of Tomorrow will be a fully original story featuring a young Superman early in his career. We’ll have to wait for additional details on what we can expect from this one, including who the villain or villains of the movie may be and what other characters may appear alongside the Man of Steel.
Source: DC Comics Blog

Stay tuned for further updates!
Comments?

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
This was honestly the biggest surprise for me, both to have another Superman movie slated for next year (yay) and for apparently being a completely original story :D.

I am really wondering what they'll be going for with it. A completley, standalone, original Superman piece? Or a prequel with Jerry O'Connel's Superman? The trend of two in-continuity movies per year lends itself to the latter, but you never know...

Although, voice-cast wise, using O'Connel's Superman would make it easier if only because they already have 90% of his supporting cast attached to VA's, unless they do some recasts :p.

I'm also curious if they'll take any inspiration from other Superman origins, like Grant Morrison's New 52 Superman arc :).

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"Kim Possible: So the Drama" is 15 years old.

There will be a Sesame Street airing Tuesday night at 7:00. It's airing on PBS , HBO, TBS, TNT, Tru Tv, Boomerang, and Cartoon Network. The special airing in the latter two is surprising, but not as much. There was a preschool show that aired on the channel in the 1990s called Big Bag, which had Elmo guest star in an episode.
back when the Harvey Weinstein allegations happened i remember saying "well i'm not surprised he's known for being a jerk to certain movies particularly in his treatment in animated movies he acquired and is known for re-cutting live action flims behind director's backs."
They are still airing New Episodes of Max and Ruby???