"Superman & Lois" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Dusty

Superman.
Super hard pass unless they get some better writing and a few other things. I loved the DCTV stuff back when they were starting out (Arrow 1-2 Flash 1-2 were really cool, felt pretty epic for TV,) plus they just had less weird SJW/PC politically driven weirdness.
I of course would love a Superman series (*Almost always want more Superman,) but the casting for Lois just doesn’t fit to me, (and so far I’m not too impressed with Hoechlin as Supes.) Maybe it’s the writing and the fact he’s not as big a build, Height, and toughness as recent or past portrayals. Again, maybe it’s mostly due to poor writing, but he just doesn’t have have the feel of SM to me. *He falls quite a bit short compared to most everyone Elise; Cain, Reeves, Reeve, Cavill, Newbern, Daly, Welling, & Routh, IMO.

I’d love this show if he got a tad bigger, was a bit more commanding in his performance & presence, the biggest thing would be the writers/creators making the series have a bit serious tone like Arrow 1-2 had. Like MOS for TV.
*But that’s just my $0.2. :)

kallum.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
They haven't done Brainac yet either.

Imperiex?
They teased the former as a threat in the Legion's future, right? Eh, I suppose. I didn't care for that other Brainiac they did early in the series.

Frontier

Staff member
They teased the former as a threat in the Legion's future, right? Eh, I suppose. I didn't care for that other Brainiac they did early in the series.
Are you talking about Indigo? I guess she was a female Brainiac...but other then Brainac 5, I don't think they mentioned Brainiac 1 :confused:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Are you talking about Indigo? I guess she was a female Brainiac...but other then Brainac 5, I don't think they mentioned Brainiac 1 :confused:.
Yeah, Indigo. I could have sworn the reason Schott went with the Legion was to fight Brainiac 1. My bad.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, Indigo. I could have sworn the reason Schott went with the Legion was to fight Brainiac 1. My bad.
No, you're right about why Winn went back to the future. That was my bad :p.

EDIT 1/15: Apparent leak of the new Superman suit for the pilot:
Tq0LW7d.png

Last edited:

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
I like that suit way more than what's been used so far. It's still missing something though. ;)

I think I would rather this Superman show be a "prequel" and take place before all the other CW shows. Right from the start establish that the show is in the post Crisis Earth Prime continuity, and we get to actually see the changes made to previously seen events instead of just hearing about it or having our main characters go "huh?" in all the other shows. If we see new events ourselves, the other shows won't have to waste time explaining things while our characters go "huh?". Just carry on like normal, the characters are all caught up to speed. Let the viewer go "huh?" and then tune into the Superman Lois show to see the "huh?" moment explained.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
New alleged details from the pilot script: the two children are Jonathan and Jordan Kent (the latter is created for the show), neither son knows their dad is Superman, sons may or may not have his powers, Lois still working at Daily Planet but Clark got laid off, Lana Lang is a banker in Smallville with two daughters but a not so good marriage to a man named Kyle Cushing, Martha is alive but Jonathan isn't, General Lane knows Superman's secret identity and an enemy named "The Stranger" is introduced and his identity is revealed at the end of the episode.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Jordan Elsass and Alexander Garfin join the cast as Jonathan and Jordan, respectively.
Elsass and Garfin will play Clark/Superman (Hoechlin) and Lois’ (Tulloch) teenage sons, Jonathan and Jordan, who are believed to be twins.
Elsass’ Jonathan is clean-cut, modest and kind-hearted, with an aw-shucks attitude that somehow doesn’t seem dated. Garfin’s Jordan is wildly intelligent, but his mercurial temperament and social anxiety limits his interactions with people, and consequently, Jordan prefers to spend most of his free time alone, playing video games.

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
Sighhhhhhhhh. I don't think I would mind if they kept Lois and Clark's kids infants (like we last saw them), but making them teenagers doesn't sound like a good idea at all, and I won't be surprised if that ends up being the weakest part of the entire show. It also sounds like there is enough family drama going on that there isn't a need for even more with teenage sons. Please write them off the show and use the Legion Of Super-Heroes to explain their absence.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
The main question that has to be asked now: which of Superman's sons will eventually become a whiny supervillain who kills people to death? :D

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts