"Superman: Brainiac Attacks" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Post Your Thoughts on "Superman: Brainiac Attacks"

• Total voters

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
It's Superman versus Brainiac in this all new full-length feature!​

Superman: Brainiac Attacks
Original Release Date: June 17th, 2006 (TV) , June 20th, 2006 (DVD)

Written by: Duane Capizzi
Directed by: Curt Geda

Synopsis: Embittered by Superman's heroic successes and soaring popularity, Lex Luthor forms a dangerous alliance with the powerful computer/villain Brainiac. Using advanced weaponry and a special strain of Kryptonite harvested from the far reaches of outer space, Luthor specifically redesigns Brainiac to defeat the Man of Steel. But when Brainiac betrays Luthor and reveals its sinister plans for world domination, Superman must brave the mysterious Phantom Zone to find the strength to survive this deadly showdown.

Comments?

Note: The creative team for this film has confirmed this movie is not in-continuity with the DCAU, so let's avoid arguing over that, shall we? Thanks!

adoptedBatpuppy

Confidence is the Key
That Scene is just too weird just what is it that Lex is so giddy about? :sweat:
I want to see this one for myself and then judge it if it's bad or good, even though it's most likely a bad DTV.
On the Toonami preview for "Brainiac Attacks" Jimmy didn't sound like himself in STAS, is it a different voice actor who voices him? Thanks :eek:

Silly McGooses

I wonder if this is just bad, or Mystery Science Theater-compatable bad? Because I can really enjoy the latter. Batman and Robin is actually a great movie when it's on HBO at midnight and you're drunk with friends...

Caswin

"Unless there's enough to make Superman's head explode, it's worthless to me!"

Okay, any movie with that line can't be all bad. Just felt like pointing it out while I still remember it. In other news,

That missile is obviously full of happy joy! Let's go follow it in our unprotected car! :D

Timmay

100th cup of coffee.
You know.. you really have to wonder.. how can Lois really not see past the glasses, especially since she's the freaking expert on him.

Jade_GL

An Aperture Science Original
So far the only thing this is doing for me is making me miss Clancy Brown. It's just too weird hearing Grodd's voice come out of Luthor's head. :)

But I will give a more complete recap of my feelings when the movie finishes.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
On the Toonami preview for "Brainiac Attacks" Jimmy didn't sound like himself in STAS, is it a different voice actor who voices him? Thanks

Well David Kaufman is still voicing Jimmy, but David's going way too much into his Danny Fenton/Danny Phantom voice for the role. Maybe he forgot how to be more subtle with Jimmy or something.

Oh boy, a mini romantic montage. On top of everything else that's wrong with this story. (Morley the bad dialogue/characterization of Lex. Geez, since when did he become so incredibley annoyingly cliched and faux humorous? He should really have watched Justice League/Unlimited. Then at the very least he would of known not to bother with Brianiac).

Simon Trent

That was, in all honesty, the best movie I have ever seen

I could hardly stop laughing from beginning to end. Luthor's little squeaky voice and schoolgirl antics, Tim Daly back as Superman, and the rapid-fire jokes...wow. I can't wait to own this on DVD.

maczero

Jade_GL said:
So far the only thing this is doing for me is making me miss Clancy Brown. It's just too weird hearing Grodd's voice come out of Luthor's head. :)
That's Grodd's VA? I like Grodd's voice but his Luthor needs a little more bass. Also more importantly, they've given him some really cheesy dialogue.:sad:

Anyway, it's good to see S:TAS supporting cast again.

Caswin

So, if Bird Boy is to be believed, that was the only good part of the whole movie. Gotta admit, Superman's heat vision officially kicks butt now.

Jade_GL

An Aperture Science Original
maczero said:
That's Grodd's VA? I like Grodd's voice but his Luthor needs a little more bass. Also more importantly, they've given him some really cheesy dialogue.:sad:

Anyway, it's good to see S:TAS supporting cast again.

Yup, at first I just guessed, but I just IMDBed the movie and the VA who does Luthor in this movie is Powers Boothe, who is the VA of Gorilla Grodd.

Just weird. :D

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts