"Superman/Batman: Public Enemies" Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment On This Release!

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Want to discuss the Home Video Presentation and Bonus Features for the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies animated feature? Look no further!

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Studio: Warner Home Video
Release Date: September 29th, 2009

Synopsis: United States President Lex Luthor uses the oncoming trajectory of a Kryptonite asteroid to frame Superman and declare a $1 billion bounty on the heads of the Man of Steel and his “partner in crime,” Batman. Heroes and villains alike launch a relentless pursuit of Superman and Batman, who must unite – and recruit help – to stave off the action-packed onslaught, stop the asteroid, and uncover Luthor’s devious plot to take command of far more than North America. Featuring both a packed DVD release and Blu-ray release, this DC Universe original animated adventure bursts with action-packed shakedowns, showdowns and spectacular visuals as Superman and Batman do battle against the villainous Lex Luthor!

Blu-ray Bonus Features:
● Exclusive Sneak Peek at DC Universe's Upcoming Justice League Crisis on Two Earths
● Explore the Dynamics of the Evolving Relationship Between Two Classic Super Heroes in A Test of Minds: Superman and Batman
● Dinner with DCU and Special Guest Kevin Conroy - Extended Version: The Voice of Batman Shares a Meal and Talks with a DC Universe Creative Team
● Behind the Scenes of Blackest Night, the epic DC Comics Superhero Event in Which the Dead Shall Rise
● Bruce Timm Presents 6 Bonus Cartoons
● Explore 4 other DC Universe Animated Movies

Two-Disc Special Edition Bonus Features:
● Exclusive Sneak Peek at DC Universe's Upcoming Justice League Crisis on Two Earths
● Explore the Dynamics of the Evolving Relationship Between Two Classic Super Heroes in A Test of Minds: Superman and Batman
● Dinner with DCU and Special Guest Kevin Conroy: The Voice of Batman Shares a Meal and Talks with a DC Universe Creative Team
● Behind the Scenes of Blackest Night, the epic DC Comics Superhero Event in Which the Dead Shall Rise
● Bruce Timm Presents 2 Bonus Cartoons

Single-Disc Bonus Features:

Note: This thread is to discuss all aspects of the multiple releases of this title, including the single disc release, the two-disc release, and the Blu-Ray release. Please view the images below for further information on the difference between each release, or check out The World's Finest for more details.

DVD/Blu-ray discussion topics for this thread include the following:

Discuss This DVD and Blu-ray release!

Please post all discussions and comments about the DVD and Blu-ray in this thread! Please discuss the feature film in the proper talkback, as linked below.

Related Threads:
-Superman/Batman: Public Enemies Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman/Batman: Public Enemies Feature Review (Spoilers)
-Superman/Batman: Public Enemies Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman/Batman: Public Enemies Comic Book Talkback (Spoilers)
-Justice League Unlimited "Divided We Fall" Talkback (Spoilers)
-Justice League Unlimited "Panic in the Sky" Talkback (Spoilers)
-Justice League Unlimited "Flashpoint" Talkback (Spoilers)
-Justice League Unlimited "Question Authority" Talkback (Spoilers)
-Justice League "Injustice For All, Parts One & Two" Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman: The Animated Series "The Demon Reborn" Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman: The Animated Series "Knight Time" Talkback (Spoilers)
-Green Lantern: First Flight Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Wonder Woman DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)
-Batman: Gotham Knight DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)
-Justice League: The New Frontier DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman Doomsday DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

ABrown

Does Walmart have the holographic cover again? Cause I've got that holographic cover for Superman: Doomsday, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern:FF. So if Walmart has that again, I might go out of my way to purchase this there.

BonyT

Sisyphus in Hell
Haven't been by WallyWorld to see what version they have; but I got the Blu-ray Special Edition from Best Buy, packaged in a box with a fairly nifty exclusive DC Direct Batman figurine made in the style of the movie.

Hero Supreme

Mr Jinx No More
Well, I got the Target "Exclusive" which only had Knight Time and The Demon Reborn on it (along with the other 2-Disc special features). So, basically, either the copy I got wasnt the exclusive, or the exclusve isnt really exclusive at all... At least Target was the lowest price.

I would have to say this is probably the weakest 2-Discer to date. The look at Crisis on 2 Earths was decent, but I dont think a preview / ad justifies a second disc. The other features were ok. I guess in all it was worth the extra $3, but if any one is on the fence, just got for the single disc edition. You wont be missing much.

defunctzombie

1992 not 2002
Staff member
Well, I got the Target "Exclusive" which only had Knight Time and The Demon Reborn on it (along with the other 2-Disc special features). So, basically, either the copy I got wasnt the exclusive, or the exclusve isnt really exclusive at all... At least Target was the lowest price.

I would have to say this is probably the weakest 2-Discer to date. The look at Crisis on 2 Earths was decent, but I dont think a preview / ad justifies a second disc. The other features were ok. I guess in all it was worth the extra $3, but if any one is on the fence, just got for the single disc edition. You wont be missing much.
So you didn't get a bonus disc either... I'm wondering if this bonus disc is only for the cheaper release. But hey, for $16 I can't complain. Glad I went to Target today.

I don't have time to watch it right now, so I can't comment on the transfer, but I do have a grumble: WB kept this digital copy PC only again. Am I correct in saying the ipod is the predominant digital device? So why aren't they catering to the majority? :confused: I thought the digital copy thing was to discourage people from doing it themselves, but I guess I'm wrong.

knightwing

Target Also

I picked up a copy at Best Buy with the Batman figure and went to 2 different Target stores but there was no special Target Exclusive Disc included. Why the incorrect advertising?

BonyT

Sisyphus in Hell
Does Walmart have the holographic cover again? Cause I've got that holographic cover for Superman: Doomsday, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern:FF. So if Walmart has that again, I might go out of my way to purchase this there.
Was in WalMart this evening and I remembered you asking about this, so I took a quick look--I think they do have the holographic cover you're looking for. (Or at least our WalMart here does.)

ABrown

Was in WalMart this evening and I remembered you asking about this, so I took a quick look--I think they do have the holographic cover you're looking for. (Or at least our WalMart here does.)

Thanks. I couldn't wait to get the movie though, so I got it at Target. But at least if there's anyone else who wants the special cover, at least now they know.

Furious Nick

Maniacal Final Boss
Mixed feelings

I rushed out to pick this up earlier today, but I just finished watching this. I gotta say that it was not as good as I was expecting it to be. I'm not a fan of the transfering of the comicbook to animation films, and this didn't do much to change my feelings on this either. While it was some what cool to see the EdMG art style animated and have the old voice cast back in action, I just felt like I was getting a watered down imitation of the graphic novel. The fighting seemed stranged, mostly because I did follow the comic series, but the pacing seemed too fast in some parts, and oddly sequenced in others. I did enjoy that they had a good many of the frames from the comic series weaved into the film.

Also, I was very disappointed in the PC only digital copy. I understand that not everyone has an ipod, but there are a great many of us, and I for one was very unhappy about yet another release that I can't watch on my ipod.

The coolest part of this release for me was seeing the next project, the Crisis on Two Earths, DTDVD first look (sad really, because I'm fairly certain that I could have watched that online somwhere). All in all, I will continue to support these films, b/c I like the subject matter. I guess for every Ironman you'll see, there is at least a few X-3: X-men Uniteds out there. Here's to hoping the next one is better.

Simpler Simon

Always in Style
Was actually hoping to get a copy with the figurine but my Best Buy didn't have any so I just got the 2-disc edition (I quite liked the GL figurine, but I don't have the cash to build a collection of DC mini-figs).

So...do any of the DC show talents do podcasts? Because after watching the 'Dinner with DCU' feature I've realized I could easily listen to these guys do casual hour-long chats every week. Lots of tidbits that span B:TAS to Public Enemies, and I particularly liked the discussion about casting around Kevin for Justice League. I'm hoping the absolutely dismal wide shot was a budgetary issue and not a stylistic choice - but the audio was good overall and that's what matters.

Crisis on 2 Earths - looks promising. Then again, when has any DCU movie failed to get me excited? A little surprised they didn't put this on disc 1, just to hit up people who only buy the single discs.

The two Bruce Timm picks were great choices. If you don't own the Superman DVDs, you'll get a kick out of these two for sure.

Saving the Test of Minds feature for tomorrow. Once again, a commentary would've been nice here.

LocusSolus

I ran out to my Wallieworld because they had copies of Mask of the Phantasm on sale (I know, right?), and checked to see if this release had a holo cover for ya. They did in fact, so most likely yours should too. :)

T

Triangel7D

My "exclusive" 2-disc edition from Target purchased yesterday is also lacking any additional episodes (just Knight Time and Demon Reborn), even though it was sitting right behind a card saying it contained a "Exclusive Bonus Disc." If this was true, in the past it hasn't been a third disc, but a modified Disc 2 OR Disc 1 (Disc 1 does not have "Injustice" either).

For the Wonder Woman animated DVD, Target advertised a free comic with the 2-disc that never materialized. I'm a big fan of Target, but I'm starting to feel a little cheated by them. I would have happily paid a couple extra bucks for the action figure at Best Buy.

Just got the dvd in the mail today.
Maybe I will get to watch it tonight.
Nice cover its looks like a animated style version of
the trade paper back cover that collects the comic 1-8.

frostedone

Personally I really loved it. This has been my favorite DC DTV along with Wonder Woman.

The cast was all perfect. Form the usual Kevin, Tim, and Clancey, to the newcomers. It was great.

The only downside is no Dick, Cassandra, Tim, and Kara (Supergirl). Still this was great especially considering its short runtime. It felt was very enjoyable.

Powergirl was a great addition too.

5/5

FightingDreamer

Mutant on the Rise
The Dinner is one of the best special features I've ever seen. Hearing Kevin talk about the foster kids who begged him to dress up as Batman or the story about the strange homeless man absolutely made my day (another good story is on the Gotham Knight commentary, where he talks about visiting firefighters in post-9/11 New York and being greeted with cheers because they recognized him as Batman). I do kind of feel sorry for Noveck since he didn't really seem to be into the whole friendship vibe that Andrea, Bruce and Kevin had; still, he had some good moments and questions.

Anarky

Team Conan
hmmm, again no commentary
perhaps their schedule was hectic since this was the 3rd dtv this yr plus working on Crisis

I, too, am interested if they've corrected that terrible audio glitch for "Divided We Fall"

Trevor

I picked this up on Blu-Ray and I must say that this was not as interesting as Superman Doomsday. Also---why were there no audio commentary tracks on the disc? It would've been interesting to have heard from the producers and possible the writer of the graphic novel that this was based on, about how well they felt the book transferred to film.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts