Superhero deaths in comics

powerjake

Banned
This is by far one of the biggest gimmicks ever from Marvel and DC comics. It's really hard to take seriously because its just a temporary death and they end up being revived for a random reason in the story. It's so easy to become indifferent when the writers announce a superhero death as it gets old fast. How many times did the superheroes get revived for the death to repeat all over again?.

powerjake

Banned
Too many times now. Did this all start with Montgomery Scott being killed by Apollo in a Star Trek episode?

That idea happens so much in the comics its no longer shocking. Marvel and DC comics really know how to beat the dead horse with superhero death plot twists.

Otaku-sempai

That idea happens so much in the comics its no longer shocking. Marvel and DC comics really know how to beat the dead horse with superhero death plot twists.
Yeah, I know there were a number of Silver Age "imaginary stories" plus the occasional fake-out where a death was revealed to be a dream or otherwise not what it seemed.

powerjake

Banned
Yeah, I know there were a number of Silver Age "imaginary stories" plus the occasional fake-out where a death was revealed to be a dream or otherwise not what it seemed.

Those cheap gimmicks are so overdone, makes me wonder why the writers still believe they can shock the readers with those twists.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
How many times did the superheroes get revived for the death to repeat all over again?.
Too many.
Because people still purchase copies of such comics. :-(
Quite right along with that Superman issue 75 became one of the best selling comic books of all time, mainly because of the death of Superman in the issue.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Quite right along with that Superman issue 75 became one of the best selling comic books of all time, mainly because of the death of Superman in the issue.
Yeah as I discuss elsewhere, criticism is good for venting and all, but unless nearly all mainstream titles lower in sales to say under 10 copies, Marvel and DC have every reason to view the complaints as nothing more than words.

powerjake

Banned
I find it weird how everytime a superhero dies in the comics the characters in the stories are shocked like it happens for the first time.

Zorak Masaki

Not a superhero, but there is no reason that Aunt May should still be around after all these years.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Not a superhero, but there is no reason that Aunt May should still be around after all these years.

I mean I feel like Marvel and DC comics would have to plunge to a point where their titles especially flagship ones would have to fall say below 10 to consider that the status quo is god approach isn't always for the best.

Especially doing the opposite titles like Spider-Girl or The Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows were a choice.

powerjake

Banned
Everytime Marvel and DC comics try to kill off characters they would even claim those characters are retired but the writers reverse it like nothing ever happen to them and it resets after 12 issues later.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts