Super Mario Maker 2 News and Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
New York

Super Mario Maker 2 is coming. Now with slopes, Fwoosh's, moving blocks, Super Mario 3D World skin, clear pipes, cat suits, and more environments!

The game launched June 28 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fone Bone

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
I'd like skins based on the All-Stars versions of SMB1 and SMB3.

I feel they should be in because SMAS was the first ever real rerelease of the NES Mario games.

Asa

Jul 5, 2016
I do hope that Costume Mario returns in this game, it'd be nice.

Classic Speedy

Yup.
Staff member
Reporter
May 13, 2003
I now have a huge reason to buy a Switch. Don't get me wrong, I've been interested in buying the console for a while now, but this game alone has propelled the system to "must buy" status, as the first game was one of my favorite games for Wii U.

johnnybro2883

May 30, 2018
oxnard

Super Mario Maker 2 is coming. Now with slopes, Fwoosh's, moving blocks, Super Mario 3D World skin, clear pipes, cat suits, and more environments!

The game launched June 28 2019.

i hope the koopalings are there because they would make great bosses

How will the koopalings be in Mario Maker 2?

JoeMabbon

Paradinight 2020
Aug 8, 2014
Swardani City
I hope people use them better than they use Bowser and Bowser Jr. which is to say, randomly dropping them into levels without any thought or consideration.

LDEJRuff

Wish-making dog lover
Mar 4, 2009
Campbellsville, KY
Well, I've watched the Super Mario Maker 2 Nintendo Direct today. And while I'm happy to know that you can upload courses you've made like you did in the original Super Mario Maker game for Wii U, I'm also a little disappointed, because they forgot/failed to mention whether or not the game will also be compatible with Amiibo.

Regardless, I'm still getting the game anyway.

Last edited: