Summer Camp Island 48 Hour CN/Boom Takeover?!

SuperFan2024

Shoo fly.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/...-on-cartoon-network-108313/20180611cartoon01/

"Pack your bags! Summer Camp Island begins July 7 on Cartoon Network.

It's official, you're coming to Summer Camp Island! Created by Julia Pott, the show follows best friends Oscar and Hedgehog at an incredible, magical sleepaway camp where things aren't quite what they seem to be. For the first time ever, the series will take over Cartoon Network and Boomerang with all 20 episodes debuting back-to-back. Beginning Saturday, July 7 at 6 a.m. (ET/PT) through Sunday, July 8, all episodes will go into rotation for 48 hours in this can't-miss double network takeover event.

And while you watch the event, you can bring the magic into your own home with the new Summer Camp Island AR app. Use the Camp Guide to explore the island, play with the campers, or make your own surroundings come to life and talk.

See you soon at Summer Camp Island!"

Uhhhhh...... thoughts?

Last edited:

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Smells like burn off to me...
Nah, if it was burn off, it'd only be one airing per episode.

Yeah this whole premiere method is a bad idea. But I guess it makes sense to release all of the episodes and then binge them all online instead.
I kind of disagree, since it seems they now want the live feed to compliment the app and not the other way around, given how they've aired new episodes throughout this year. I get where you're coming from with that, but this is definitely an experiment for them to go more all out with a Netflix-type release schedule.

jaylop97

Staff member
Looks like CN is still trying to experiment with its newer programming, this one seems to be a really excessive move, that many airings of a brand new show is a lot to though out in that much time.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Looks like CN is still trying to experiment with its newer programming, this one seems to be a really excessive move, that many airings of a brand new show is a lot to though out in that much time.
It seems to be their way of making sure people can catch it at any given time. It's pretty much the every hour strategy turned up to eleven (or in this case, twenty).

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
This'll be the first time Adult Swim's been preempted since June Bugs (if they're indeed preempting it).

Dudley

Staff member
Well, that’s certainly different. I guess with rating plummeting across TV, they’re willing to experiment more. But to preempt Adult Swim, wow.

I guess dropping the whole season(?) at once is just their attempts to imitate Netflix. If this does well, it’ll be cool to see if they do this with other shows, like Steven Universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperFan2024

Shoo fly.
I guess dropping the whole season(?) at once is just their attempts to imitate Netflix. If this does well, it’ll be cool to see if they do this with other shows, like Steven Universe.

It would be heaven if they do that with Steven Universe.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Honestly, I can easily see them doing this with Steven, as it seems like a pretty ideal show to take on this route.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts