Summer Camp Island 48 Hour CN/Boom Takeover?!

Latest News

Jun 10, 2016
Ratings
537 11
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/...-on-cartoon-network-108313/20180611cartoon01/

"Pack your bags! Summer Camp Island begins July 7 on Cartoon Network.

It's official, you're coming to Summer Camp Island! Created by Julia Pott, the show follows best friends Oscar and Hedgehog at an incredible, magical sleepaway camp where things aren't quite what they seem to be. For the first time ever, the series will take over Cartoon Network and Boomerang with all 20 episodes debuting back-to-back. Beginning Saturday, July 7 at 6 a.m. (ET/PT) through Sunday, July 8, all episodes will go into rotation for 48 hours in this can't-miss double network takeover event.

And while you watch the event, you can bring the magic into your own home with the new Summer Camp Island AR app. Use the Camp Guide to explore the island, play with the campers, or make your own surroundings come to life and talk.

See you soon at Summer Camp Island!"

Uhhhhh...... thoughts?

Last edited:

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,897 41
Smells like burn off to me...
Nah, if it was burn off, it'd only be one airing per episode.

Yeah this whole premiere method is a bad idea. But I guess it makes sense to release all of the episodes and then binge them all online instead.
I kind of disagree, since it seems they now want the live feed to compliment the app and not the other way around, given how they've aired new episodes throughout this year. I get where you're coming from with that, but this is definitely an experiment for them to go more all out with a Netflix-type release schedule.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,238 36 1
Austin, Texas
Looks like CN is still trying to experiment with its newer programming, this one seems to be a really excessive move, that many airings of a brand new show is a lot to though out in that much time.

Feb 3, 2018
Ratings
1,197 6
Looks like CN is still trying to experiment with its newer programming, this one seems to be a really excessive move, that many airings of a brand new show is a lot to though out in that much time.
It seems to be their way of making sure people can catch it at any given time. It's pretty much the every hour strategy turned up to eleven (or in this case, twenty).

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,660 28
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Well, that’s certainly different. I guess with rating plummeting across TV, they’re willing to experiment more. But to preempt Adult Swim, wow.

I guess dropping the whole season(?) at once is just their attempts to imitate Netflix. If this does well, it’ll be cool to see if they do this with other shows, like Steven Universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,897 41
I guess dropping the whole season(?) at once is just their attempts to imitate Netflix. If this does well, it’ll be cool to see if they do this with other shows, like Steven Universe.
Honestly, I can easily see them doing this with Steven, as it seems like a pretty ideal show to take on this route.