"Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Hmm, a mystical object that many people would want. Hmm. Spear of Destiny?
I don't know if they'd be that obvious since Legends of Tomorrow already did that with the "heroes" trying to get it before a bunch of villains do (also led by the Reverse-Flash) :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I don't know if they'd be that obvious since Legends of Tomorrow already did that with the "heroes" trying to get it before a bunch of villains do (also led by the Reverse-Flash) :sweat:.
I see. I didn't know, still have the end of Arrow S5 and Legends S2 to watch. Hmm, could the title be literal and they're after a Get out of Hell Free card? Nah...

Frontier

Staff member
I see. I didn't know, still have the end of Arrow S5 and Legends S2 to watch. Hmm, could the title be literal and they're after a Get out of Hell Free card? Nah...
Well, I guess with Scandal, Knockout and a few of the other members, we could see some Secret Six riffing :p.

Frontier

Staff member
Punk Rock Silver Banshee? What is this, Gotham City Garage :p?

Oh hey, Savage has that same scar he had in Young Justice. I wonder why :rolleyes2:?

Scandal and Knockout look awesome :cool:.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Two things:

1.) My God, Sam Liu is cranking these out... this is now his fourth one in a row. I suppose he's a steady hand.

2.) There's a whiff of ''so what?... haven't we been here already?'' about this. Waller, Deadshot, Harley, the bombs in the neck. It's the third time I've seen this routine in so many years. It's frankly a little boring.

Still, the positives are the animation (the colour scheme is nice and bright), the great casting of Williams as Waller and of course... a script by the great Alan Burnett.

Frontier

Staff member
1.) My God, Sam Liu is cranking these out... this is now his fourth one in a row. I suppose he's a steady hand.
It might also be a case of picking up the slack with Oliva gone...
2.) There's a whiff of ''so what?... haven't we been here already?'' about this. Waller, Deadshot, Harley, the bombs in the neck. It's the third time I've seen this routine in so many years. It's frankly a little boring.
That elevator scene even seemed straight-out of the live-action movie :p.

TheGreatOne2

IGN is also reporting that Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay is going to be rated R for strong bloody violence throughout, sexual content, brief graphic nudity, and some drug material.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The trailer was cool. I wasn't all that interested in this movie but my opinion is slowly beginning to change. The character designs look pretty awesome and the fight scenes look very promising.

Troy Troodon

I don't know, I still don't get why they'd bother to make an animated movie about supervillains when they should be making movies about superheroes. If it were anti-heroes, maybe but not villains.

And I get why, because of the Suicide Squad movie (not that it was good anyway but whatever) as well as the New52 inspired Suicide Squad staring Harley... but honestly I just don't like the idea of a movie where the villains are the main protagonists. (unless it were about reforming them and making them less evil)

Going back to the trailer, sure it looks fun, but again it's a movie about villains and already they don't look like good people, and they're only doing some other person's work against their whim otherwise they'd get blown up!

Frankly if they did want to make a movie with villains, why not make one based on Gail Simone's Secret Six?! You already got Deadshot and Scandal Savage, so just replace with other villains with Catman, Rag Doll, Bane, and Jeannette, and drop Amanda's organization and actually have those characters try and be more heroic and you got yourself a more interesting movie.

But that's just my opinion, if other people like it that's cool.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I don't know, I still don't get why they'd bother to make an animated movie about supervillains when they should be making movies about superheroes. If it were anti-heroes, maybe but not villains.

And I get why, because of the Suicide Squad movie (not that it was good anyway but whatever) as well as the New52 inspired Suicide Squad staring Harley... but honestly I just don't like the idea of a movie where the villains are the main protagonists. (unless it were about reforming them and making them less evil)

Going back to the trailer, sure it looks fun, but again it's a movie about villains and already they don't look like good people, and they're only doing some other person's work against their whim otherwise they'd get blown up!

Frankly if they did want to make a movie with villains, why not make one based on Gail Simone's Secret Six?! You already got Deadshot and Scandal Savage, so just replace with other villains with Catman, Rag Doll, Bane, and Jeannette, and drop Amanda's organization and actually have those characters try and be more heroic and you got yourself a more interesting movie.

I share your opinion. The glamorization of villainy is something I really dislike about current entertainment.

juan1193

Villains are cool!! Without them heroes wouldn't exist! Then again I'm biased because I feel villains and anti-heroes are so much more appealing than a "hero".

I'd be an anti-hero for sure, if I had powers!

Frontier

Staff member

In the context of a Suicide Squad story, they're ostensibly the good guys, especially since they're working for the government and going up against even worse villains like Savage and Reverse-Flash.

The Secret Six are awesome, and obviously there are some influences there with Scandal and Knockout, but they tell a very different story from the Squad.

Troy Troodon

In the context of a Suicide Squad story, they're ostensibly the good guys, especially since they're working for the government and going up against even worse villains like Savage and Reverse-Flash.

The Secret Six are awesome, and obviously there are some influences there with Scandal and Knockout, but they tell a very different story from the Squad.

They just killed a cop!

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

This movie is very clearly going for a villain protagonist approach. It's not that uncommon

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I know, but I still think they should focus on making films about superheroes.
I would assume it's because this adult dvd line wanting to become more diverse, to push for darker and grayer, hence some of the more anti heroic, anti villainous, and downright evil elements/projects being pushed forward more. That's not to say superheroes are being shafted, but simply trying to be more experimental. That's just what I see though , whether or not it is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts