Suggestion: Make Wolverine and The X-Men Season 2 for Disney +

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
We definitely had a version of Magma in the Thieves Gambit episode. I remember Wolfsbane being captured by the MRDs but I can't remember seeing any of the others really. The show had so many background cameos.

Illyanna was definitely supposed to show up, probably her only animated appearance since Red Dawn.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Magik was supposed to show up in season 2...I think Cannonball, Wolfsbane, and Sunspot made cameos in season 1.
We definitely had a version of Magma in the Thieves Gambit episode. I remember Wolfsbane being captured by the MRDs but I can't remember seeing any of the others really. The show had so many background cameos.
To clarify, I mean having them forming to become the New Mutants in an episode that could set up a spinoff series along with having Dani, Karma, Cypher and Warlock making their first appearances in said season in order to complete the classic nine-member lineup.

Hulkwummy

May 17th:
Or at least a new X-Men cartoon in general ;).
If they do a new X-Men cartoon, they need to put Colossus in the main cast.

May 23rd:
The Zack Snyder Cut of Justice League is being released of HBO Max because fans demanded it be released, and now fans of the Netflix Daredevil series are fighting for the show's return, so let's do the same thing for Wolverine and the X-Men Season 2 on Disney Plus.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
A lot of countries (such as Japan and Germany, which both got Spectacular Spider-Man and Earth's Mightiest Heroes) never got this show, and international versions of Disney+ don't have this show. If it's not because of distribution rights, then does anyone think that Disney will eventually dub the show into the European and Asian languages it wasn't dubbed into?

Hulkwummy

It's been over a decade since Wolverine and the X-Men aired, now that disney owns the rights to the X-Men, what's to stop Marvel Animation from reviving the show for season two on disney plus?

coldglynx

Allow me to go against the grain here. I'm more interested in a X-men Evolution revival. I just love that show. I thought Wolverine and the X-men was good. But Evo has my heart. A Rogue+Scott pairing, Phoenix, and many others that the cartoon never got to do.

While we are talking about revivals on Disney+. Please revive "Gargoyles" as well.

Hulkwummy

Here is my top 10 reasons to bring back Wolverine and the X-Men for Season Two.

1. Return of Colossus

2. Gambit joining the X-Men

3. New Characters like Havok, Ilyana, Deadpool, Cable and Sunfire

4. Horsemen of Apocalypse (Abyss, Mikhail, Holocaust, and a fourth horsemen)

5. Concluding the Age of Apocalypse cliffhanger

6. Angel's redemption

7. Revival of Emma Frost

8. Professor Xavier coming out of his coma

9. Cyclops becoming team leader

10. More Guest Star Heroes

RoryWilliams

It's been over a decade since Wolverine and the X-Men aired, now that disney owns the rights to the X-Men, what's to stop Marvel Animation from reviving the show for season two on disney plus?
Lack of interest, mostly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hulkwummy

Somebody should talk to Marvel about bringing this show back for season two on Disney Plus. Because I really want to see Colossus and Gambit on the team, and I want to see them conclude the Age of Apocalypse cliffhanger.

bigdaddy313

Somebody should talk to Marvel about bringing this show back for season two on Disney Plus. Because I really want to see Colossus and Gambit on the team, and I want to see them conclude the Age of Apocalypse cliffhanger.
Well now it’s up to Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige was an executive producer on the show as it was a Marvel Studio Production in the opening credits, it’s more than likely he might consider it.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
One of the big disappointments for me about Season 2 not happening, was not getting to see what was planned for Colossus and Magik.

This version of Gambit was so much of an amoral scoundrel that it is hard for me to picture him on the team. At least with other versions we get at least a peek of heart.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
One of the big disappointments for me about Season 2 not happening, was not getting to see what was planned for Colossus and Magik.

This version of Gambit was so much of an amoral scoundrel that it is hard for me to picture him on the team. At least with other versions we get at least a peek of heart.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Considering what happened with Polaris, I would be kind of curious if that would play into his relationship with Rogue at all :).

Light Lucario

Staff member
As cool as it would be to see this series get a continuation, I'm not surprised that they haven't gone in that direction yet. This series wasn't as popular or beloved compared to other X-Men animated series and I don't think that Disney would want to spend a lot of money on a revival of a series that wasn't popular to begin with. It would still be cool since I remember enjoying Wolverine and the X-Men, but I think that there's a better chance of making a brand new animated X-Men series than reviving one of the previous series.

ShadowBeast

As much as I would love for the show to be revived, I'm afraid a revival would lead to the show being "updated" like how Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes was canned for the sake of Avengers Assemble.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts