Suggestion: Make Wolverine and The X-Men Season 2 for Disney +

Omnihallows

hello how are you all, this is my first post, I hope you like it

We all know that Wolverine and the X-Men had a second season planned, based on the Age of Apocalypse, unfortunately when Disney bought Marvel, there were funding problems, as Fox had the rights to the X-Men movies, resulting in your cancellation.

Okay, now that Disney bought Fox, and now he has full control of the X-men, is it possible to revive the series? want me back ?? I do, tell me your opinion.

even more so now that the X-men have the possibility of appearing in the MCU

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
This is the most misleading thread title ever. I was getting excited and now I just resent the hell out the post.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
In all seriousness, I feel bad about me complaining about your very first post. Kind of rude of me. Here is a sincere welcome to the boards.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
At the bottom of the first post there are buttons labeled Report, Edit, Delete, and Bookmark. Hit edit. Change the title to something more accurate and hit the green button that says "Save changes". You should be all set.

Edit: You got it! Awesome!

Last edited:

Omnihallows

At the bottom of the first post there are buttons labeled Report, Edit, Delete, and Bookmark. Hit edit. Change the title to something more accurate and hit the green button that says "Save changes". You should be all set.

Edit: You got it! Awesome!
+Thanks, now back to the topic please

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Wolverine and the X-Men is my favorite Marvel cartoon. Hands-down. I would love it if Disney+ brought it back to do the planned second season. I don't know how feasible it would be, and I know the fanbase for it is less rabid than The Spectacular Spider-Man's, but I loved the hell out of that cartoon, and if Young Justice and Star Wars: The Clone Wars can come back, why not this one?

The real reason is that the amazing writers are now screenwriters for blockbusters (many of them Marvel movies) so getting the band back together would be tough even if Disney wanted to and could still afford them. But I'd love that if they could.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I'd say it's possible to revive the show. Disney has after all revived The Clone Wars for one last season and will be reviving The Proud Family for Disney+.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Wolverine and the X-Men is the Marvel show that I think would benefit most from a revival but I don't think it has the rabid fan base that a show like Young Justice had. Of the X-Men shows, it doesn't have as much nostalgia going for it as X-Men 92 or X-Men Evolution have. It never really got the chance to amass that kind of fan base after the first season on Nicktoons.

Where I do think it benefits is that there were actual plans for what was going to happen next. It was so relatively recent that they could probably get right back into the groove of things easier.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

colomb

I can't see them bringing back decade old cancelled shows that weren't even that popular at the time (as much as I would like them to as well). The most we could likely get is new shows with the old creative teams, so spiritual successors, assuming some of them even want to come back.

Omnihallows

Wolverine and the X-Men is the Marvel show that I think would benefit most from a revival but I don't think it has the rabid fan base that a show like Young Justice had. Of the X-Men shows, it doesn't have as much nostalgia going for it as X-Men 92 or X-Men Evolution have. It never really got the chance to amass that kind of fan base after the first season on Nicktoons.

Where I do think it benefits is that there were actual plans for what was going to happen next. It was so relatively recent that they could probably get right back into the groove of things easier.

it seems to me that the X-men have been sidelined since the MCU started

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
it seems to me that the X-men have been sidelined since the MCU started
The movie franchise became a non-priority for Marvel after they had their own studio up and running, and especially after Disney purchased everything and acquired the distribution rights for the movies. After the Fox purchase, it's on its way to being one of their top franchises again but it will take some time for the movies. It's been apparent that they've been testing the waters with merchandise, etc, and playing on the nostalgia of the 90 series, much like they did with those profile icons on Disney+.

Hulkwummy

Who ever is in charge of Disney and Marvel, somebody should tell them to get the cast and crew together for season 2, Wolverine and the X-Men needs to conclude the Age of Apocalypse cliffhanger.

Trevor

It would be nice if Marvel did a season 2. That being said, would it be the same quality as what was done 12 years ago? Sure they could get everyone back together, but would it still have the same feel as the earlier season. Hanna-Barberra did have success back in the 1980’s when they commissioned seasons 2 & 3 of The Jetsons, and they even animated the show as it was animated in the 60’s, but then the movie introduced 80’s ideas like CGI and replacing Janet Waldo with Tiffany. Would Marvel be able to do a 2000’s “Jetsons” with Wolverine and The X-Men? Or would the do a 2020’s version?
I think we might see a 4K Remastering of the 90’s X-Men before we see Season 2 of WATX.

Frontier

Staff member
It would be nice if Marvel did a season 2. That being said, would it be the same quality as what was done 12 years ago? Sure they could get everyone back together, but would it still have the same feel as the earlier season. Hanna-Barberra did have success back in the 1980’s when they commissioned seasons 2 & 3 of The Jetsons, and they even animated the show as it was animated in the 60’s, but then the movie introduced 80’s ideas like CGI and replacing Janet Waldo with Tiffany. Would Marvel be able to do a 2000’s “Jetsons” with Wolverine and The X-Men? Or would the do a 2020’s version?
I think we might see a 4K Remastering of the 90’s X-Men before we see Season 2 of WATX.
I could say the same if Marvel ever revived EMH. They've changed a lot since then.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts