Stretch Armstrong And The Flex Fighters News And Discussion Thread

Dsneybuf

Does it sound plausible for Hasbro to read this thread? Brandon Violette stopped Following my Twitter, and might have un-Liked my Tweets.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The Sacramento Comic Con panel for the series will be at 11:30 am. A poster will be on display signed by Victor Cook and storyboard artist Brandon McKinney.

Dragnatek

Hopefully the panel won't be empty. I went to their panel at C2E2 earlier in the year and there were maybe five people there. I hope the show gets more love.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Cool poster. I actually kinda prefer it to the Spectacular Spider-Man one. It's also neat seeing Riya with the other heroes and with her Blindstrike gear as well.

Hopefully the panel won't be empty. I went to their panel at C2E2 earlier in the year and there were maybe five people there. I hope the show gets more love.

I live near the Chicago area, but I didn't have the time and money to buy tickets and travel to the city just for a panel. This con seems like a much smaller event with way less panels, so who knows if that would improve attendance or not.

I wonder if they'll announce a third season or not. We got our official confirmation for season two for the C2E2 one.

Dsneybuf

Did anyone here attend the panel? If it shared anything interesting, neither Victor Cook nor Hasbro has Tweeted it yet.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member

Great, thank you! I didn't think we'd see actual footage of it. I'm kinda curious to see how the Spider-Man panel went as well.

Some thoughts:

* I admit, I was a little disappointed there was little season two discussion, even though it was supposed to be a season two panel. They kind of assumed the audience hadn't watched it, likely played the first episode from it, and tried to avoid spoilers for it.

* They do talk about how the powers of the characters fit the personalities and struggles. I wasn't surprised about Jake, but Nathan's and Ricardo's were a little less obvious. I didn't have Ricardo pegged with an anchor at all.

* Cook mentions that during production, he was involved with another property that had a different tone, and apparently a darker one compared to this show.

* Apparently, they haven't been picked up for a third season and they're not legally allowed to work on one. On one hand, the producers of The Dragon Prince said the same thing before they got "renewed" for a second season. But, I'm starting to have my doubts now.

Dsneybuf

One particular reason I fear the ratings still seem small concerns how many entries on TV Tropes' "Moment" pages came from me:
  • Any entry from "The Breakout"
  • Any Moment of Awesome post-episode #2
  • Every Heartwaming Moment and Tear Jerker

Another Troper volunteered to help me expand the pages, with help from other fans he knows, but didn't say when.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Yeah, the series was never popular and never really got the buzz or popularity other shows like Bojack Horseman, Voltron, Trollhunters, Castlevania, and a few others did. To be fair, though, a lot of other Netflix animated shows are also pretty obscure and not heard from much, so this isn't the first time.

Dsneybuf

If someone else here also edits TV Tropes, could you please help expand the Moment pages?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Asian American Culture Con is tomorrow and Victor Cook will be there.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Yet more confirmation the show's dead. Or, exactly, it didn't get renewed past the original 26 episode order.

I wonder whatever happened to the other three issues of the comic. I'm guessing they were canned mid-production, since I remember they were being teased in interviews and everything.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Given Victor Cook's involvement in TOTS and Kevin Burke & Chris Doc Wyatt's involvement in the Summoners War and Super Dinosaur cartoons, this isn't too surprising. Still, we do have to wait to see what others have to say on the matter.

Dsneybuf

I hope that even if the show doesn't get a whole third season, that it'll at least get a special (I'd settle for a non-interactive one in this case) in which Stretch and his friends finally expose Rook. I even tagged both Hasbro and Netflix in a Tweet expressing this hope, which Victor Cook both Liked and Retweeted.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
They probably won't. The show's not that popular. I don't know how Hasbro's rights to the toy work, but it feels like they only did this show in order to keep them, since they couldn't really get a movie made.

I do think it was kinda naive for the producers to leave loose ends when they only got approved for 26 episodes. With some tighter pacing, you could've fit a lot more story in those episodes.

Dudley

Staff member
It’s cancelled, and on a cliffhanger?!
Ugh, one of these days, I’m going to learn not to get invested in cartoons tied to a toyline. It doesn’t take much for them to end up cancelled.

Wasn’t this supposed to get 52 episodes? Even Kaijudo got that much!

Last edited:

Dsneybuf

I wonder whatever happened to the other three issues of the comic. I'm guessing they were canned mid-production, since I remember they were being teased in interviews and everything.
Sadly, I can guess why the comics didn't sell - when I read them, I realized that without kinetic fight scenes and the talented voice actors, the IP loses a lot of its appeal, especially to readers who'd find the writing of the characters too archetypal.

Sometimes I do fantasize about new comics filling in the blanks of Blindstrike's backstory, (such as how she figured out who killed her parents, exactly how long it took her to discover the Flex Fighters' true identities, etc); it helps that her ethnicity and gender feel incidental to her motives and persona. However, I don't know if Jennifer Muro ever wrote comics before.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts