Stretch Armstrong And The Flex Fighters News And Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

SweetShop209

1. It’s cancelled, and on a cliffhanger?!
Ugh, one of these days, I’m going to learn not to get invested in cartoons tied to a toyline. It doesn’t take much for them to end up cancelled.

2. Wasn’t this supposed to get 52 episodes? Even Kaijudo got that much!
1. It's interesting in a twisted way. The previous show Victor Cook co-developed, The Spectacular Spiderman, was also cancelled after 26 episodes before resolving many of its plot points. Though unlike that show, which was cancelled due to legal reasons, this seems to be cancelled due to not being a high profit investment right off the bat.

2. Well, the difference is that Kaijudo aired on television, where 26 episodes per season is the norm for Hasbro shows, while this is on a streaming service, which generally only get about 13 episodes per season at max. (Some exceptions exist, like how Trollhunters season 1 has 26 episodes, but it's the exception, and not the norm).

Dsneybuf

It's interesting in a twisted way. The previous show Victor Cook co-developed, The Spectacular Spiderman, was also cancelled after 26 episodes before resolving many of its plot points. Though unlike that show, which was cancelled due to legal reasons, this seems to be cancelled due to not being a high profit investment right off the bat.
It also reminds me of how the second-to-last Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes episode Kevin Burke and Chris Wyatt wrote, "Alone Against AIM", set up some subplots that would probably have gotten expanded upon in season three, which ended up not happening.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
It’s cancelled, and on a cliffhanger?!
Ugh, one of these days, I’m going to learn not to get invested in cartoons tied to a toyline. It doesn’t take much for them to end up cancelled.

Wasn’t this supposed to get 52 episodes? Even Kaijudo got that much!
I mean, I wouldn't exactly call it a cliffhanger, but yeah, a lot of character arcs (Jake and his dad) and plot threads (Erika getting powers, the Gentleman knowing Rook's secret, Rook still being out. Dr. C in a coma, Rook's enigmatic test subject, etc.) were unresolved.

I remember seeing the Hasbro page saying before it was 52, but that might've been a mistake. They've corrected it to 13, which isn't accurate either.

2. Well, the difference is that Kaijudo aired on television, where 26 episodes per season is the norm for Hasbro shows, while this is on a streaming service, which generally only get about 13 episodes per season at max. (Some exceptions exist, like how Trollhunters season 1 has 26 episodes, but it's the exception, and not the norm).
Netflix' season splits don't really count. This show was a 26 episode order, which encompasses both seasons and the interactive special. The worst case was with Voltron, where they split three seasons into pieces of varying sizes.

Dudley

Staff member
1. It's interesting in a twisted way. The previous show Victor Cook co-developed, The Spectacular Spiderman, was also cancelled after 26 episodes before resolving many of its plot points. Though unlike that show, which was cancelled due to legal reasons, this seems to be cancelled due to not being a high profit investment right off the bat.

Well from watcjimg Trollhunters, it’s obvious season 1 aka Part 1, are two 13 episode seasons released together.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
It also reminds me of how the second-to-last Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes episode Kevin Burke and Chris Wyatt wrote, "Alone Against AIM", set up some subplots that would probably have gotten expanded upon in season three, which ended up not happening.
I won't spoil too much since the show has only aired in Canada, but Super Dinosaur's first season also features a very inconclusive ending.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Nick's 2019 slate is pretty good. Star Trek and Lego City have my attention most. Tho it doesn't mean I believe Robbins is good just yet. We'll have to actually see him in action, I mean Christina Miller turned out to be a thousand times worse than Snyder.
Oof.... Vailskibum94's channel was terminated hours ago today.... just because of a Club Penguin video..... and Disney doesn't even own Club Penguin anymore, because the game is closed..... YouTube is being really unfair with their copyright system..... :(
Oh, the irony - while foreign feeds of Cartoon Network ban just about anything, CN USA started to show Shrek completely uncut - with the "offensive" words intact - in 2017! Around the time when Cartoon Network feeds worldwide were already ruled by the nanny state!
Don't ever force yourself into liking a show or any other form of media and don't be afraid to speak up about how you honestly feel about it. Anything can be improved, especially with criticism.
NeoplanDan wrote on Zedd's profile.
Hi, Zedd, I wanted to to fix up the date on my birthday, when I was first registered here, it incorrectly date as 1/21/1995 when it actually 2/21/1995, originally I was going to ask one of the admins to fix it so that it’s on the correct date.