Stretch Armstrong And The Flex Fighters News And Discussion Thread

Latest News

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,626 8
http://www.cbr.com/stretch-armstrong-animated-series-netflix/amp/

I don't know if there's a thread for this, so I'll start one. One of Hasbro's upcoming cartoons is a show called Stretch Armstrong And The Flex Fighters, based on the Stretch Armstrong doll introduced in 1976.

To quote the article: "The new, kid-friendly series will reimagine the Stretch Armstrong character as Jake Armstrong, a teenage superhero who teams up with his high school friends after they are exposed to experimental chemicals that give them amazing powers. Armstrong, along with Nathan Park AKA Wingspan and Ricardo Perez AKA Omni-Mass, make up a diverse group of heroes known as the Flex Fighters".

The voice cast includes Scott Menville, Steve Yuen, and Ogie Banks as Stretch Armstrong, Wingspan, And Omni-Mass. Other noted names on the project include Wil Wheaton as Rook, Felicia Day as Erica, Keith David as Kane, Kate Mulgrew as Dr. C, and Walter Koenig as Mr. Savic.

Victor Cook will serve as supervising producer/director. Kevin Burke and Chris Doc Wyatt are attached as story editors/producers.

The show will premiere on Netflix later this year. Feel free to post your thoughts and any updates..

JoeMabbon

Autobot Leader
Aug 8, 2014
Ratings
3,411 2
Ark-7
The character designs remind of the works of Derrick Wyatt and the general 2-D action aesthetic of the 2000s and early 2010s, before CGI became the standard.

It looks like there's a solid team of VAs and producers, but I can't say more until I see some animation.

The last original action show Hasbro Studios produced was Blazing Team...so that's hanging over this project.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,626 8

Kevin Burke talked a bit about how the show came to be through a series of tweets.

So, it looks like the crew is taking a Big Hero 6/Hanazuki approach by taking an unknown/obscure property, and crafting its is universe around it. Now I'm more excited for the show.