Streaming Services that Existed in the 90's and 2000's

TheCartoonRailfan

Riding the Rails
I figured this would be a good time to talk about streaming services that existed back in the 90’s and 2000’s just to understand the history. This is all I know based on forum searches.

Manga Entertainment had Spunik7 which aired some anime series. AOL had In2TV (2006) and AOL Video (2006-2009), airing Batman, Thundercats, and He-Man.

Nickelodeon had TurboNick (2005-2009), and I remember watching full episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants on the Nickelodeon website. The service only involved original Nickelodeon series. TurboNick was soon replaced by Nick Video.

Toonami had Toonami Reactor (2001-2002) and Toonami JetStream (2006-2009); the latter airing series that never appeared on the main block such as Durarara! Cartoon Network had Cartoon Network Video (2006-2012), which featured the Cartoon Network Originals and various shorts.

What other streaming services existed during this time? Feel free to share your experiences.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy birthday to Betty White (99), James Earl Jones (90), and Gennedy Tartakovsky (51).
Of the 3 Madagascar shows we have, All Hail King Julien stands out with its title and location. Unlike The Penguins Of Madagascar and Madagascar: A Little Wild, this one takes place on Madagascar while the others are in New York through an alternate continuity. Conversely, AHKJ is the only one to not have Madagascar in the title.
R.I.P. to musicians Tim Bogert (Vanilla Fudge, Cactus, Beck, Bogert & Appice) and Sylvain Sylvain (New York Dolls). Both passed away on January 13.
Will Disney Junior survive on television? The short answer is yes.

Featured Posts