Steven Universe / Sym-Bionic Titan season sets on DVD

Kirben

Madman Entertainment are releasing season 1 DVD sets for Steven Universe and Sym-Bionic Titan on 6th April 2016 in Australia:

Steven Universe: Season 1
35685-1186272.jpg

Sym-Bionic Titan: Season 1
35709-1181527.jpg

I'm really surprised Madman Entertainment are trying season sets again, after their season sets of older Cartoon Network series failed in the past.

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
Steven Universe, not surprised.
Sym-Bionic Titan, surprised.
Turns out to be Australia rather than my own country, not surprised.

kianworld

CN Schedule Archiver
Thought from the topic this would be USA... nope.

I wish Madman released DVDs in the USA. First they released Moral Orel S2 and S3 and now they get this. This sucks. Why can't they get Shout Factory to release older/obscure CN/AS stuff? Or have them be manufacture on demand releases like the Hanna Barbera stuff and TTG S1's Blu-Ray.

Then again I guess S1 of Steven Universe will come soon on DVD/Blu-Ray in america. CN only releases Blu-Rays with AT (they tried with Regular Show but they stopped after the first release); and SU is the next AT, imo.

JordanPowers3000

Who else didn't see the Sym-Bionic Titan DVD coming? Although, I guess I shouldn't be very surprised since Genndy just came back to The Cartoon Network Inc to work on Samurai Jack. I just assumed that after the Toonami airings, Cartoon Network would act like it never happened. I am very impressed by them for this decision.

jaylop97

Staff member
Well Australia is lucky to get these 2 on DVD.Though I really never would have believed to see SBT getting a DVD release.

BritBrick

Good old Madman is giving us DVD releases of certain older Cartoon Network shows once again, and this time one that was noticeably written off for taxes.

GC13

What would Doyle do?
If Australia is getting them, then surely that means an American release is soon to follow.

Right? Please?

Kirben

If Australia is getting them, then surely that means an American release is soon to follow.
No, several seasons and series have only been released on DVD by Madman Entertainment in Australia. I would be surprised if Sym-Bionic Titan was released in the USA, and I expect it would be a burn on demand DVD-R via Warner Archive if ever released.

I wish Warner Archive would release more Cartoon Network series on Blu-ray, Thundercats (2011) was released in 2014, but a year has passed with no sign of any more releases.

TylerS

Sym Bionic wasn't even aired on CN here but it got a couple months on free to air channel Go! but the main thing that shocked me was that it's 440 mins and is just called season one for a tax written off show.

Zorak Masaki

I heard that the SU Gem Glow dvd didnt sell well, so thats why we havent gotten a full season (in the US) yet.

ToonJay723

Staff member
I heard that the SU Gem Glow dvd didnt sell well, so thats why we havent gotten a full season (in the US) yet.
No one bought it, because no one wants lazy compilation discs of random episodes. They want the full season on Blu-ray with audio commentary and special features. Heck, volume box sets are still better than compilation discs.

Kirben

Look what Madman Entertainment recently added to their April releases:
Steven Universe Season 1 (Blu-Ray)
35879-1196440.jpg

I wonder if there will be similar releases in the USA in future, as I would be really surprised if these Blu-ray releases were exclusive to Australia, due to high production costs for Blu-ray.

BritBrick

I wonder if there will be similar releases in the USA in future, as I would be really surprised if these Blu-ray releases were exclusive to Australia, due to high production costs for Blu-ray.
Well there are several Madman releases that are still not released in USA to this very day. But I'm just glad I have a Region B player in case I want to play this Blu-ray.

Kirben

Well there are several Madman releases that are still not released in USA to this very day. But I'm just glad I have a Region B player in case I want to play this Blu-ray.
There are not many titles that have only been released by Madman Entertainment in Australia, and they are mainly DVD releases.

Madman Entertainment rarely produce Blu-ray releases, unless working with other overseas companies, due to the very high production costs in Australia.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
There are not many titles that have only been released by Madman Entertainment in Australia, and they are mainly DVD releases.

Madman Entertainment rarely produce Blu-ray releases, unless working with other overseas companies, due to the very high production costs in Australia.
Not many? What about My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Cow and Chicken, Class of 3000, Chowder, I am Weasel, HiHi Puffy AmiYumi, Camp Lazlo, Steven Universe, Sym-Bionic Titan, Over the Garden Wall, etc...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I think that maybe Paramount plans on having their removed shows put on some other streaming service like Netflix.
The good thing for Big Nate is that it's a successful daily comic strip first, and a book series, so Paramount's horribleness still doesn't mean people can't enjoy it in other forms.
Happy 9th Anniversary, Harvey Beaks.
Unpopular opinion: I really hope The Animation Guild does goes on strike soon. I'm so tired of seeing the animation industry getting screwed over by greedy companies for far too long.

I don't care what anybody says, it's time for the union to fight back.
Happy Good Friday!

Featured Posts