"Steven Universe" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Light Lucario

Staff member
I hope that the movie premiering this fall doesn't mean that there won't be any new episodes until then. We already got one huge special and I'm sure that they still need to work on the movie, but not having any new episodes for most of the year would still be disappointing.

It does help that Change Your Mind was a really great special. There were so many good moments and it had some of the most powerful moments in the entire series. I've always loved the series, but the special made me appreciate it even more. It does work as a season finale, even if it isn't one, but I'd be kind of frustrated if they ended the series there. Stuff like healing all of the corrupted Gems, Lars returning to Earth with the Off Color Gems really and Steven reconnecting with the Diamonds really deserves more attention. I don't know if the series could have ten seasons, although I'd be perfectly happy if they did, but I think getting at least one more season to deal with some of the aftermath of this season would work nicely.

Dr.Pepper

I’m really hoping there will still be new episodes between now and the movie. I don’t care if it’s just towny “filler” episodes, it’s still something. For example we could have an episode where Greg tells Steven about what happened while they were gone.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
I feel that Season 6 should be the final end to the entire series along with the movie. We got through the entire Diamond clan and all the corrupted gems are back to normal. Basically, maybe the next season could lead up to the movie while tying up whatever loose ends we have left. It feels like a series finale and not at the same time.

Eldorado

I feel that Season 6 should be the final end to the entire series along with the movie. We got through the entire Diamond clan and all the corrupted gems are back to normal. Basically, maybe the next season could lead up to the movie while tying up whatever loose ends we have left. It feels like a series finale and not at the same time.

According to Rebecca there are plans to do more after Season 6.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I honestly forget where.

I'm just kind of confused since I thought you also mentioned that Rebecca also had up to ten seasons planned out earlier. Although, if season six is supposed to be the last one, I would hope that they'd make that clear. They were upfront about when both Adventure Time and Regular Show would end, so doing the same with Steven Universe, another one of their hit shows, would be fair for both the production crew and the fans.

Eldorado

I'm just kind of confused since I thought you also mentioned that Rebecca also had up to ten seasons planned out earlier. Although, if season six is supposed to be the last one, I would hope that they'd make that clear. They were upfront about when both Adventure Time and Regular Show would end, so doing the same with Steven Universe, another one of their hit shows, would be fair for both the production crew and the fans.

Yeah, I said she had it planned out. I never said the show was renewed for all those seasons. And you're right Cartoon Network would give us notice about it being the last season and all that.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Yeah, I said she had it planned out. I never said the show was renewed for all those seasons. And you're right Cartoon Network would give us notice about it being the last season and all that.

I know that you didn't say that the show was renewed for those seasons. I was just pointing that out because of how the mixed messages on this situation confused me. I just hope that they'll be upfront about whether or not it is the last season when we get more information on season six. Although, I still hope that we won't have to wait until the movie to get new content for the series either.

Eldorado

I know that you didn't say that the show was renewed for those seasons. I was just pointing that out because of how the mixed messages on this situation confused me. I just hope that they'll be upfront about whether or not it is the last season when we get more information on season six. Although, I still hope that we won't have to wait until the movie to get new content for the series either.

More than likely it will be the case. The movie may serve as a bridge between the first half of the series and the second half (like My Little Pony The Movie it will effect the rest of the series).

M622

More than likely it will be the case. The movie may serve as a bridge between the first half of the series and the second half (like My Little Pony The Movie it will effect the rest of the series).
are you in denial of the show that (might) be ending? you were like this when aqua teen ended (just saying...)

SweetShop209

April 9:

Much like Avatar The Last Airbender, the show was nominated for The Peabody Awards.

April 18:

We have a winner.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
April 9:

April 18:

We have a winner.

Good for it. I may not be a big fan of the show anymore but props to it for winning an award. Adventure Time also won in 2014.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts