"Steven Universe" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Official link: Steven Universe Video | Watch Free Clips and Episodes Online | Cartoon Network

To be perfectly frank, I will never understand why so many people claim CN treats the show like garbage. I don't see any other show of theirs getting high-quality posters and recap trailers. They don't even have to make these at all, let alone this early, but they did anyway because they knew they'd generate hype.

Like, I'm not going to act like they treat the show perfectly - the hiatuses are fairly problematic - but people seem to think that alone is enough to negate all the positive marketing they do when new episodes do roll around, which is far greater than any other show they have - TTG included.

Sorry for the vent, I just get annoyed whenever I see CN promote the show like this because the fans really don't realize how good they have it.

Reactions: 2 people

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Oct 11, 2016
Official link: Steven Universe Video | Watch Free Clips and Episodes Online | Cartoon Network

To be perfectly frank, I will never understand why so many people claim CN treats the show like garbage. I don't see any other show of theirs getting high-quality posters and recap trailers. They don't even have to make these at all, let alone this early, but they did anyway because they knew they'd generate hype.

Like, I'm not going to act like they treat the show perfectly - the hiatuses are fairly problematic - but people seem to think that alone is enough to negate all the positive marketing they do when new episodes do roll around, which is far greater than any other show they have - TTG included.

Sorry for the vent, I just get annoyed whenever I see CN promote the show like this because the fans really don't realize how good they have it.
The only reasons people think CN treats the show like garbage is because CN doesn't air any reruns of it, because of the constant hiatuses and because they sometimes put the episodes on the app before they air on TV. People for some reason ignore the fact that the app views are also very important, so if they want to support the show just watch the episodes on the app. Hiatuses build tension, and more people might watch the new episodes whenever they will air on TV. As for CN not rerunning the show, well, don't get me wrong, I like the show, but it's not something that I would constantly rewatch, and I can't imagine kids constantly rewatching it either.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
The only reasons people think CN treats the show like garbage is because CN doesn't air any reruns of it, because of the constant hiatuses and because they sometimes put the episodes on the app before they air on TV. People for some reason ignore the fact that the app views are also very important, so if they want to support the show just watch the episodes on the app. Hiatuses build tension, and more people might watch the new episodes whenever they will air on TV.
The constant hiatuses have only really been all that true with season 5 though, and considering we know there was a production break, odds are CN just wanted to make sure they have material ready when the right time comes. I agree they are troublesome in multiple regards, but it's far from unique to Steven.

Also, it's worth noting that, even though app releases happen occasionally, this is the only CN show where that still isn't the norm. I imagine the main reason for that is because they knew they'd get backlash from livetweeters and the like if they did. Honestly, this just leaves me curious how much longer they will be willing to premiere episodes on TV, since they're pretty far into their transition and, like I said, they're doing this with virtually every episode of every other show.

As for CN not rerunning the show, well, don't get me wrong, I like the show, but it's not something that I would constantly rewatch, and I can't imagine kids constantly rewatching it either.
That, combined with continuity lockout, justifies the lack of reruns IMO. The show just isn't meant for those.

Reactions: 1 person

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Oct 11, 2016
Also, it's worth noting that, even though app releases happen occasionally, this is the only CN show where that still isn't the norm. I imagine the main reason for that is because they knew they'd get backlash from livetweeters and the like if they did. Honestly, this just leaves me curious how much longer they will be willing to premiere episodes on TV, since they're pretty far into their transition and, like I said, they're doing this with virtually every episode of every other show.
It's not the only show. Episodes of Teen Titans GO, Total DramaRama and Gumball also get their episodes uploaded to the app after they air on TV.

sunsetlover

This gOrl doesn't stop
May 9, 2016
Plovdiv,Bulgaria
New promo for Steven Universe: Diamond Days. (oh how was I right that they'll air a new promo today...)
Yes, it doesn't show much but it's still something, I guess. It seems like this arc is really important and CN tries their best to not spoil too specific details.

Rhaynebow

Aug 11, 2013
New York
At first I thought this promo was fake because I’ve heard that same vomit sound effect from Drawn Together.

Looks like a treasure trove of new ideas. Although I kinda wish this was the end of the show already. I’m pleased with meeting all of the Diamonds, I don’t wanna wait another million years for them to hint at, introduce, and THEN develop a new batch of aliens and their society.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Jun 28, 2007
Earth Two
I find it interesting that even though Matt and Ben left the show for Craig of the Creek, they still worked on the entire season and still have episodes that they're involved in while their show is running.

Reactions: 1 person

Eldorado

May 21, 2014
Indianapolis
If Rebecca DOES make a spin-off like she said in the video then I want a series that focuses on the UNIVERSE of Steven Universe. Like maybe a Lars of The Stars series or maybe something I've been imagining for a long time: a series about an army of alien freedom fighters who oppose the tyrannical forces of Homeworld and it's empire.

Radical Buster

Well-Known Hack Fraud
Feb 3, 2018
under your bed
If Rebecca DOES make a spin-off like she said in the video then I want a series that focuses on the UNIVERSE of Steven Universe. Like maybe a Lars of The Stars series or maybe something I've been imagining for a long time: a series about an army of alien freedom fighters who oppose the tyrannical forces of Homeworld and it's empire.
I like the latter. I thInk the former would work best as a miniseries.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Apr 12, 2016
After today's new episode they showed a new promo of the next Steven Universe episode and this one it's a new one. And it kind of looks like a Toonami promo for a new episode.

Reactions: 4 people

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Jun 28, 2007
Earth Two
Man, this is the second time a season ran for almost two years. So many breaks, so much momentum lost from a cliffhanger. So many months have went by. The main writers have their own show and their episodes on the first show haven't even finished the season.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why did SDCC have to happen during the same weekend as Vinesauce Is Hope?
With how widespread the Joy-Con analog drift issue is, I'm honestly surprised I haven't had that issue yet. I've had my console for almost two years.
Is Nick doing anything for SDCC
I hope Trevor Devall is in the PPG 2016 reboot.