"Stars of Space Jam" Coming to DVD

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Classic Speedy

Yup.
Staff member
Reporter
May 13, 2003
Ratings
422 2
Kinda surprised there hasn't been a thread for this yet, but remember those old "Looney Tunes: Stars of Space Jam" VHS tapes released back when Space Jam was new? For some reason, WB is re-releasing those tapes on DVD, albeit with minor program changes on a couple volumes.

More details here.

Each volume (except the Taz one) contains a cartoon or two not previously released on DVD/Blu-ray, so for the completist (or if you want to replace your VHS copies of "Stars of Space Jam"), these would be worth getting.

Looney Turtles

May 11, 2014
Ratings
209 1
s15.zetaboards.com
Yeah, I remember them. I never bought any of them though.

I'm tempted to get the Daffy Duck one just for "Fool Coverage" (I love this short, but I don't have the Hilarious Ham DVD) and "Person to Bunny" (a good copy of this short isn't available anywhere else).

Jul 14, 2010
Ratings
UK
I had the Bugs and Taz ones, as well as the Europe-only Space Tunes which came in a special offer with the film itself. Think I eventually got the Daffy one too. At the time they were pretty good budget range purchases (IIRC they retailed at £5.99 full price when the standard price for a VHS tape was £9.99-£12.99); the Bugs tape featured some lesser-known cartoons I hadn't seen before and the Taz tape gave you an opportunity to get all of the original Taz cartoons in one go.

I cannot, however, fathom the reason for releasing them on DVD in the year 2018. That said, as someone who never picked up any post-Golden Collection releases I may conceivably pick up the Taz one if I can get it cheap enough, but as I would have to get it on import that would be a while.

May 4, 2010
Ratings
USA
They are only about $6 each on Amazon currently.
I've heard that "Person to Bunny" is actually restored on these, but that "Boston Quackie" is the time-compressed PAL Broadcast master.

Classic Speedy

Yup.
Staff member
Reporter
May 13, 2003
Ratings
422 2
So, the Daffy and Bugs DVDs apparently are not worth getting, based on the post here. Has anybody heard how the Road Runner and Sylvester & Tweety discs are? Of the five releases, those are the two I'm most interested in, but I don't want to buy them if it's not much of an upgrade over VHS.

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Ratings
562 8
Italy
To be honest, don’t buy the Tweety one anyway. The JP 3 volume set released in 2001 has way more shorts, including all the ones on the SSJ set, and they were remastered too.

NewBogus :)

Plastic Duck Saves the World
Sep 6, 2013
Ratings
616 9
CE_PL
cnboompoland.blogspot.com
I had the "Space Tunes" VHS, which had Duck Dodgers, Rocket-Bye Baby and Hasty Hare to name a few. Shame that one doesn't seem to be part of the announcement.
All these shorts from Space Tunes were released on LTGC, and four of them were released as a part of Looney Tunes Platinum Collection.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...