"Star Wars: Visions" (Disney+ Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread

Frontier

Staff member
I'm excited. Season 1 got roundly panned by a lot of people, but there were a few magnificent gems within the duds: "The 9th Jedi" and "The Elder" were enthralling, flashes of what Star Wars really could be.

I just want the franchise to start pushing the envelope, at last. Stop hearkening back to the OT like cowards. Explore, world-build, start pushing the boundaries. There's a whole universe to uncover out there.
Honestly I think it was more recognized (in a good way) than panned, but that might've been just in certain circles.

(There were some Prequel era content in a few Visions episodes).

khuddle

Honestly I think it was more recognized (in a good way) than panned, but that might've been just in certain circles.

(There were some Prequel era content in a few Visions episodes).

Yeah, as I recall the critics liked it, but the fans were less enthusiastic.

Anyway, hopefully we see a significant improvement with Season 2.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts