"Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Disney+ Series)" Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

MDawg

Nerfariously planning

Season 1 Premiere: November 12, 2019
Season 2 Premiere: October 30, 2020
Season 3 Premiere: February 22, 2023

After many years of rumors and possibilities, it's finally happening.

Lucasfilm is developing a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new streaming service, Disney’s CEO, Bob Iger, announced today.

There isn’t much information about the series, but it will be released exclusively on Disney’s streaming service. The service is set to launch in 2019. The Star Wars series will be joined by three other live-action shows also based on Disney properties; one will be based on Marvel, another on Monster’s Inc. and a third one based on the High School Musical franchise.
It makes sense that they bring out the big guns for their new streaming service, so only time will tell what it will be now.

Attachments

• TheMandalorianLogo.jpeg
    TheMandalorianLogo.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 442
Last edited by a moderator:

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I feel like, depending on the story, this would need a really high budget.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
What a shocker but agreed, makes sense, Disney would roll out with their big guns. Wonder if it's an original or one of the old pitches they have like the one following the criminal underground.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
We almost did get one prior to the Disney acquisition, which would've taken place between Episode III and IV.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
10/4: First look at the Mandalorian posted.

EDIT: More staff news. Filoni will also produce. The other directors are Deborah Chow, Rick Famuyiwa, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Taika Waititi. Filoni directs ep. 1 and 5, Famuyiwa will direct ep. 2 and 6, Chow will direct ep. 3 and 7, Howard will direct ep. 4, and Waititi will direct ep. 8.

Um, the streaming service isn't going to be called "Disney Play". It was confirmed a month or two ago.
Alright, changed the title.

10/10: Set description of alien and droids seen.

10/11: Stormtroopers spotted on the set.

10/13: Favreau posts photos of some familiar props.

10/25: Expensive equipment from the camera department was stolen from the Manhattan Beach studio.

11/7: ILM officially launches a TV division and The Mandalorian will the its first project.

11/10: Carl Weathers rumored to have joined cast.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
More casting news.
Breaking Bad actor Giancarlo Esposito has joined the cast of The Mandalorian, the live-action Star Wars series being made for Disney’s streaming service Disney+.
Veteran Rocky actor Carl Weathers, Supernatural actress Emily Swallow and Omid Abtahi of American Gods are also in the cast, announced Wednesday.
The announcement also confirmed the previously reported castings of Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Nick Nolte and Werner Herzog.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts