"Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Disney+)" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this season

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

khuddle

Yeah I just finished watching Season 2. Went in with sky-high expectations, in some places they were met, in some they weren't:

Highlights:
Episode 3: The Heiress: this episode blew me away. IGN gave it a 9, but they should have rightfully given it a 10. Watching the Mandalorians work in unison and take over the Imperial Starship -- just amazing!

Episode 5: The Jedi: simply put, the introductory scene where we see in-her-prime Ashoka darting in an out of the fog to shred her bewildered opponents -- pretty much the best live-action Star Wars since "Empire". Just incredible. This sequence ALONE made Season 2 worth watching!

Episode 6: Boba Fett emerges from the Razor Crest with his utterly battered but nonetheless legendary armor, wipes out a platoon of Stormtroopers (whom he seemed to harbor a particular hatred for), then knocks TWO escaping Imperial Dropships from the sky with ONE rocket! Welcome back, Mr Fett!

Episode 8: Mandalorians bickering in the tavern. You would have thought the other Mandos would have considered Boba a hero of sorts, but quite the opposite -- they almost seemed to regard him as a traitor. (Not that Bo-Katan has anything to brag about -- wasn't she a member of the semi-fascist Death Watch in the Clone Wars, and at odds with her Empress sister Sabine?). Despite their petty differences, the Mandos were all interested in regaining rule of their native planet, Mandalore. Even Boba sided with the others on this one.

Moff Gideon: on his way to becoming the next great Star Wars villain. Giancarlo Esposito plays him with great panache.

Dark Troopers: one of the greatest Star Wars video games ever (of the early 90s) featured the Dark Troopers. Now at last we see them in live action, and they did NOT dissapoint. Very cool.

Dissapointment:
Episode 8: Luke battling the Dark Troopers. It was cool to see in-his-prime Luke with his green light saber and his finely honed force powers, but he mowed through the Dark Troopers way too easily. Kind of reminded me of Qui Gonn Jinn and Obi Wan taking on battle droids in Episode 1 -- so easy it was boring.

In sum I'd say really enjoyed the season -- Episode 3 blew me away, Episodes 5 and 6 were about where I thought they would be (that is to say, great), and Epsiode 8 was a tad dissapointing because of Luke cruising his way up to Grogu with little challenge whatsoever. Overall 9 out of 10.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Dissapointment:
Episode 8: Luke battling the Dark Troopers. It was cool to see in-his-prime Luke with his green light saber and his finely honed force powers, but he mowed through the Dark Troopers way to easily. Kind of reminded me of Qui Gonn Jinn and Obi Wan taking on battle droids in Episode 1 -- so easy it was boring.
He takes after his father when it comes to mowing through Droids :p.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The theme song for The Mighty Ones is sung by Fryda Wolff (Bats) and Jessica McKenna (Rocksy).

I'm watched the Godzilla vs kong trailer
He made a 6 hour video talking about every Simpsons episode.

I am 24 years old today.
I pick the voice actor for Spiderman. Guess who.

Featured Posts