"Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures (2021 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

"Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures" - Discuss the Event and Rate the Comic!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Writer Daniel José Older, bestselling author of Star Wars: Last Shot, and artist Harvey Tolibao bring IDW into The High Republic, a massive publishing crossover spanning comics and prose! Dive in to exciting all-ages adventures from this exciting Star Wars era!

Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #1

Adventures-1-Main-Cover-Paint-Version-4-white-1.jpg

Writer: Daniel José Older
Artist: Harvey Tolibao

In the days of the High Republic a team of inexperienced Padawans race to Trymant IV to aid its citizens after an attack by the Nihil, a band of dangerous marauders, leaves the city on fire. Padawans Lula, Farzal, and Qort do their best to help as many people as they can. Meanwhile, Zeen and Kriz, part of a group that resents and fears the Jedi, must decide whether they can accept their help or try to save the day on their own.

Discuss Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures right here!

Note: Given the heavy connectivity of the Star Was: The High Republic initiative, IDW's "Adventures" titles and younger reader offerings - comics, manga, etc. - can be discussed here, while older reader-oriented offerings from Marvel will have their own talkback thread. Novels and other prose book releases will also have their own talkback thread.

Related Discussions:
Star Wars: The High Republic Novels (Spoilers)
Star Wars: The High Republic (2021 Ongoing) Comic Series Talkback (Spoilers)
Star Wars: The High Republic Book Series Talkback (Spoilers)
Star Wars Adventures (2020 Ongoing) Comic Series Talkback (Spoilers)
Star Wars Adventures: Clone Wars - Battle Tales (2020) Comic Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Inside job on a planet that happens to profess not using the Force. Intriguing.

Guess Zeen will end up as a padawan. Pity her friend flipped out like that.

Wonder if the padawans will fight their way out or if Yoda and Buck will intervene. All in all, nice action-oriented start to this comic.

Spider-Man

I agree, I found it was a really good intro to the world and the art was really fantastic. I'm really surprised with the quality of the book. Star Wars Adventures is a fine book but it's a little light and fluffy but this book feels a bit more weighty and has a lot more substance than I expected.I was planning on just getting the trades but I might stick month to month for alittle bit.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Loved the action in this one. Master Buck was amusing. "I! Hate! Fighting!" as he clobbers Nihil. :D Loved Yoda's hero moment cleaving that attack like nothing. The final stuff gave us a pretty good idea of what the Jedi are facing, an enemy willing to shoot down a medical ship in order to get away.

Spider-Man

I thought issue #2 was fantastic and this book continues to surprise me. I enjoyed the regular Star Wars Adventures comic but High Republic Adventures has been on a whole new level for an "adventures" book. The art is especially eye-catching even if Yoda looks a little weird sometimes. :)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Issue #3

Sad seeing these two kids caught between the Nihil-Jedi conflict.

An ancient device that's been split up and hidden away. Sounds like trouble.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Issue #4

Yoda in a Starfighter. Worth the price of admission. lol, no way you can keep the padawans away from danger.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Issue #5

That was a crazy fight at the dump and sad to see Zeen almost Force choke her former friend. Cements the schism for good it seems.

Issue #6

Diplomatic talks with the Hutts? Yea right.... yup. Went down just about as expected. Fine time for the Jedi master to go into hibernation.

Issue #7

Ho ho, yields 5 lightsabers.

Jabba, always scheming.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Issue #8

Sav Malagán is a great addition to the cast and certainly a fun character. Made short work of Krix's cell with 2 purple lightsabers. Also neat this took place on Takodana from the sequel trilogy, there was a Jedi temple there, and mention of Maz to boot.

Spider-Man

I've read that IDW's Star Wars books are coming to an end soon and that's a shame because this title has been a real surprise. It's been way better than the other Star Wars Adventures titles especially when it comes to the writing and artwork. Both are way stronger than I was expecting from an IDW Adventures book and it'll be a shame if these titles are shuttered.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Loved learning more about Maz!

Didn't believe those 2 defected at all. And yep, sure enough.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts